PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Kampfwurst

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by Kampfwurst »

since I installed the PnP III the Joggler is not connecting to the Network. Before the network was working.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Kampfwurst wrote:since I installed the PnP III the Joggler is not connecting to the Network. Before the network was working.
Try rebooting. I don't think it is a PnP III issue.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
telford_mike

Post by telford_mike »

Kampfwurst wrote:since I installed the PnP III the Joggler is not connecting to the Network. Before the network was working.
Same problem here, have tried half a dozen reboots and wired & wireless. A network sniffer can see its mac address on the network, and according to the 'about' item in the settings widget it has acquired a primary DNS ip (the router), but it doesn't seem to be able to complete the DHCP process, it doesn't pick up an IP.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

telford_mike wrote:
Same problem here, have tried half a dozen reboots and wired & wireless. A network sniffer can see its mac address on the network, and according to the 'about' item in the settings widget it has acquired a primary DNS ip (the router), but it doesn't seem to be able to complete the DHCP process, it doesn't pick up an IP.
Wish I had an answer for you folk with wireless issues, but it's not manifested itself on my machine. I'm just reflashing a different member my Joggler 'family' with the OpenPeak update to see what happens with the wireless. Was it connected and working before installing?
telford_mike

Post by telford_mike »

Hi, first of all, thanks for all the work you've put in to keep our Jogglers running!

Mine was working fine on the 'new' OS, I use a wired connection. It looks like a DHCP issue. With a wired connection I can see the device on the network using a mac scanner, and it picks up the primary DNS value from the router, but fails to get the rest of the DHCP info.

Via wifi it sees the SSID of my network, asks for the password, then once again fails to get the DHCP config. Obviously I can't telnet in to have a poke around!

Weird.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Nope, can't replicate (although connected via wireless, not wired). When I connected on the clean image it gave me the (fairly) usual message about not being able to associate properly, but then a few moments later did associate, picked up the time and restarted the OS. I then ran my PnP III and it still connected fine. Weird.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

spoyser wrote:
offbeatdave wrote:Re: Network issues

I sometimes have network messages when first setting up even the original o2 out of the box software but then it picks up and away it goes. Have you tried running Opera browser to see it the network actually is working? Mine are running fine here (apart from the iPlayer/YouTube issues mentioned above).
When I first released the iPlayer app it also suffered from stuttering playback, this was originally fixed by running the BBC stream outside of the UI of the app, this was achieved via this line in iPlayer.cgi

Code: Select all

cd /openpeak/tango
./tango "http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?config_settings_bitrateFloor=0&config_settings_bitrateCeiling=10000&config_settings_guidance=passed&config_settings_skin=black&config_settings_autoPlay=true&config_settings_transportHeight=65&playlist=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/"$app &
Maybe rather than .tango the new OS needs to be used, unless tango hasn't actually been replaced and just the UI has?

You could also try lowering the bitrateCeiling, anything above 1500 is more or less HD I believe so you could try 1000?
Have just flashed a joggler with a bitCeiling rate of 1250 and it seems to be running better tonight. Will keep playing around with it to find my 'best' setting.

Edit: Bringing it down to 1000 seems to be working well at the moment at a decent enough quality so I'll tweak the PnP upload and see what happens from there...

Edit 2: Working very nicely now simultaneously on 2 Jogglers connected to my 6.2Meg connection via wireless.
Rob2404

Post by Rob2404 »

Hi, it says it can't find nothing on that ip. But checked the ip on the joggler and it is correct. Should I try a wired connection between that and my laptop?. Also do I need to stick any software onto my joggler for the telnet on my laptop to see it?.
Rob2404

Post by Rob2404 »

Thanks for your advice also :)
Kampfwurst

Post by Kampfwurst »

its a DHCP Issue

If I set the IP manually everything works fine.
telford_mike

Post by telford_mike »

How do you set the IP manually?
HopmanUK

Post by HopmanUK »

Just a quick question.. as this installs the logitech media server, can I then point that to a share on the network (a upnp NAS) and then have squeezeplay play the music/videos from there?

Sorry, am a newbie to this, just trying to work out the best way to get my new Joggler set up.

Thanks

Rich
deongorle

Post by deongorle »

For all those who are having WiFi or Network connection issues, it is definately seems to be a DHCP error somewhere with PnP Mark III, if you go into networks and choose 'Advanced' then set your IP address manually (and the WEP/WPA or WPA 2 Security Key etc. etc. as well) it works just perfectly. Hope this helps. :-)
deongorle

Post by deongorle »

Hi Upbeatdave

Not sure if i can be of any help (as im no expert) but my Volume control works just perfectly in the Lounge Radio. I have the Original Stock O2 release with your PnP MKIII on top and the volume slider works just fine in the radio. I do however have an anoying crackling when playing the radio (any suggestions about how to fix this). Cheers for all your efforts, SIMPLY SUPERB work your doing.
Max

Post by Max »

I'm don't think the dhcp problems are a PNPIII issue. I have 2 jogglers, one with PNPIII and one with the old Gforums PNP. Neither have the new openpeak update. they stopped talking to my dhcp server at around the same time a couple of months ago. I thought it was an issue with my dhcp server and gave them both fixed ip.

Now I'm not so sure.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Oh, for the last year or more I've been changing the IP to a fixed one (Network Settings->Advanced->Use DHCP (no)->IP Address so that is probably why I've never really had a problem on any version of the software (Stock o2, Openpeak, PnP, PnP mk II, PnP III)

BTW, the first of my PnP Mk II Jogglers converted to the OpenPeak firmware overnight.
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

it seems there is something wrong with the wifi network after installation, I tried several times, even format and reinstall the post sys , but everytime after I updated PnP III ,the wifi connection will be wrong, it tells me "unable to associate with the network,please verify your network credentials and check your cable or wifi connection and then try again" I checked the details of the connection and found out the encryption type seems hard to be changed.everytime I input wpa2 and save it, it will still back to the wep40 , what can I do?thanks
MojoDave

Post by MojoDave »

offbeatdave wrote:Oh, for the last year or more I've been changing the IP to a fixed one (Network Settings->Advanced->Use DHCP (no)->IP Address so that is probably why I've never really had a problem on any version of the software (Stock o2, Openpeak, PnP, PnP mk II, PnP III)

BTW, the first of my PnP Mk II Jogglers converted to the OpenPeak firmware overnight.
This will be the answer to my PnPIII problem I am sure - Thanks!
I back on PnPII at the moment, going to wait a while and see if the OpenPeak update gets sent a second time to the same joggler..
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

I fixed that network problem by disable dhcp in setting. assign the ip address by manual is fine
Last edited by cszhy on Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
telford_mike

Post by telford_mike »

deongorle wrote:For all those who are having WiFi or Network connection issues, it is definately seems to be a DHCP error somewhere with PnP Mark III, if you go into networks and choose 'Advanced' then set your IP address manually (and the WEP/WPA or WPA 2 Security Key etc. etc. as well) it works just perfectly. Hope this helps. :-)
Done this, problem sorted, thanks! :mrgreen: