PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

Post by offbeatdave »

Right, if it doesn't work for you I suspect that MediaFire recognises I uploaded the file from my IP address and therefore lets me download but no-one else. Will look for alternatives tomorrow. Yep, seems that my generated link only works from my IP. Sorry.

Edit: 9th April 2015, 10:45am

UPDATE ACCUWEATHER ON ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF PnP III (pre-v3.50d)

Putty/Telnet method
Telnet/Putty in to the Joggler and copy and paste the following:

Code: Select all

cd /tmp
wget -O accuweatherfix.tar http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/download/file.php?id=819 
tar xvf accuweatherfix.tar
mv control.txt /media/gforums/webserver/control.cgi
mv accuweather.txt /media/gforums/webserver/cgi/accuweather.cgi
rm accuweatherfix.tar
If you need the starting weatherFile.txt in /media/app-cfg/common then you'll also need:

cd /tmp
wget -O weatherFile.txt http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/download/file.php?id=821
mv weatherFile.txt /media/app-cfg/common
Alternative method via WinSCP
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/25z0kawoxdtgr ... l.cgi?dl=0
Use WinSCP to copy it into /media/gforums/webserver
Check the permissions are rwxrwxrwx (Right click it and select 'Properties' to change them if necessary).
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/quvxmvk9kbawc ... r.cgi?dl=0
Use WinSCP to copy it into /media/gforums/webserver.cgi
Check the permissions are rwxrwxrwx (Right click it and select 'Properties' to change them if necessary).
You might need /media/app-cfg/common/weatherFile.txt too if one doesn't exist already.
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar2cizq1xjjh5 ... e.txt?dl=0
Last edited by offbeatdave on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

What a champ!
Your instructions worked perfectly and accuweather is now set and running.

Many thanks!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

mikeywilliams wrote:What a champ!
Your instructions worked perfectly and accuweather is now set and running.

Many thanks!
Phew!
offbeatdave

DEFINITIVE METHOD FOR ADDING ACCUWEATHER TO PRE-V3.50d

Post by offbeatdave »

Well I've been around here for 4+ years and have only this morning discovered the use of attachments! :shock: :oops:

Here is the definitive method for updating ANYolder versions (pre-v3.50d) of PnP III to allow Accuweather locations to be added via the Joggler Webserver

Telnet/Putty in to the Joggler and copy and paste the following:

cd /tmp
wget -O accuweatherfix.tar http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/download/file.php?id=819 
tar xvf accuweatherfix.tar
mv control.txt /media/gforums/webserver/control.cgi
mv accuweather.txt /media/gforums/webserver/cgi/accuweather.cgi
rm accuweatherfix.tar
If you need the starting weatherFile.txt in /media/app-cfg/common then you'll also need:

cd /tmp
wget -O weatherFile.txt http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/download/file.php?id=821
mv weatherFile.txt /media/app-cfg/common
Alternative method via WinSCP
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/25z0kawoxdtgr ... l.cgi?dl=0
Use WinSCP to copy it into /media/gforums/webserver
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/quvxmvk9kbawc ... r.cgi?dl=0
Use WinSCP to copy it into /media/gforums/webserver.cgi
You might need /media/app-cfg/common/weatherFile.txt too if one doesn't exist already.
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar2cizq1xjjh5 ... e.txt?dl=0

Sorry for all the multiple edited posts regarding this. I thought I'd better make sure that previous attempted methods were corrected in case anyone had bookmarked those posts.
Attachments
weatherFile.txt
weatherFile.txt for /media/app-cfg/common if needed
(354 Bytes) Downloaded 350 times
accuweatherfix.tar
Webserver updates to add Accuweather functionality
(14 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
sharpharp

Post by sharpharp »

Dave,

Been using your PnpII builds mainly for the clocks and they are great but the Joggler freezes every other week.
Is the PnPIII any more stable? Also, as you've helped included clocks in the builds, any chance of instructions on how to add more clocks ourselves (as you no longer supporting joggler)

Thanks for all the wok you done on this.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

PnP III is nice and stable. You'd need to reflash roobarb's clean image first. More on screensavers later when I get a moment.
sharpharp

Post by sharpharp »

Managed to get said Joggler on 3.50d, added the Weather location and all works great.
The icons look refreshingly smooth and the internet browser is great.

I know you ain't updating anymore (but adding some clocks when you get a chance :)

But I just wanted to ask.... Is there any way of displaying the weather on the "o2 Clock" screensaver?
I have the o2 clock on as the time and date display is large and clear. The only thing missing from it would be to include the current weather, is it possible?
If so, any pointers, I'd be happy to give it a crack if I knew how...

Thanks,
Sharpy
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Haven't forgotten about clock instructions!
offbeatdave

Screensavers in PnP III

Post by offbeatdave »

sharpharp wrote:I know you ain't updating anymore (but adding some clocks when you get a chance :)

But I just wanted to ask.... Is there any way of displaying the weather on the "o2 Clock" screensaver?
I have the o2 clock on as the time and date display is large and clear. The only thing missing from it would be to include the current weather, is it possible?
If so, any pointers, I'd be happy to give it a crack if I knew how...
Just a bit if info for you if you plan on tinkering...

The screensavers are simply self-contained .swf files located in /openpeak/gui/screensavers
If memory serves me correctly, I used some sort of swf editing software to ensure they were 800x480 in size. When you've added the swf file, you'll need to update the screensavers.xml file in the same directory. The one in there shows how each entry is organised. I don't think you'll have much luck with weather unless you have a .swf screensaver with a configuration file of some sort to add a location.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

After grabbing a Joggler I said I'd be back with issues ;)

So a couple of days ago I finally had some free time and flashed roobarb's clean image first, followed by the latest PnPIII. All done to internal memory. This went well, or I assumed it did since everything seemed to be working fine. I managed to get Squeezeplay running too, serving music from a 32gb USB stick as a temporary measure until I build a NAS. This is being controlled remotely via an apps on my phone and tablet.

A day later I come back to the Joggler and the squeezplay can't find the USB stick, no options for browsing to mnt, again after significant time fiddling around I think I solved that through the settings in LMS accessed via the web interface, if not then I have no idea how I solved it. Anyway all seemed to be working fine again. Later that day a delivery arrived with a powered USB hub and the Berhinger DAC so these were connected up and the sound switched from internal to USB, again to my utter surprise everything worked like a charm! Several happy hours of music listening later it was time for bed.

Now to my problem. This morning when I returned to it, it appears the Joggler has 'lost' or is 'missing' several icons from the OS screens. Things like the Internet, Yahoo mail, Gmail, Twitter, Joggler Forum, Reflash, WritableUSB, ScreenOff. There may be others too but I am not familiar enough with the system yet to identify what is not there.

Looking at it I assumed at first that maybe since most of them appeared to need internet access that could be the issue but it is definitely connected to the router and the net access is fine on other devices. Additionally I wonder why Reflash, Writable USB and Screenoff would also go missing if it was something to do with lost net access?

I have done a reboot and they have all returned but that still begs the question of why they went walkies in the first place? Am I missing something obvious here or is it just one of those glitches?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

It's a glitch when the webserver fails. Rebooting restarts it.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Cheers Dave. Its been fine since the reboot so I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes :)
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

I'm having a few issues with this, some of it could be down to me not being familiar with the correct usage and others seems to be either hardware or software related.

The webserver failed again yesterday whilst using Squeezeplay. I've also been having some issues where despite having screensavers in Squeezeplay disabled the joggler seems to drop back on to its own OS clock at random times. Touching the screen when this happens shows the OS but not Squeezeplay and the note at the top of the screen is greyed out too. If I then touch the squeezeplay icon it seems to reset Squeezeplay, stop the current track playing and start it up. If I don't touch it and operate it through an app on either my phone or tablet then it all works well despite the display being back in the OS state.

I have noticed that from time to time even when not using the joggler (the screensaver clock is just displaying), it seems to 'reboot' all by itself. The clock will go off and the Openpeak logo appears for a few seconds and then the clock comes back on. I also had some message about updates briefly appear in small white writing at the bottom of the screen a couple of times during operation of Squeezeplay. Unfortunately it was too quick for me to read but I have checked the settings through both the joggler and Web access of LMS and ensured all updates are set to off but it has still appeared at least once since then.

Any ideas or pointers please?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Arghh I think you are making a swift exit here Dave :-)
The You Tube app has stopped working with a legacy type message , I forget who made this app and whether they are still supporting it , hope so ....
Happy Joggling
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

hawsey wrote:Arghh I think you are making a swift exit here Dave :-)
The You Tube app has stopped working with a legacy type message , I forget who made this app and whether they are still supporting it , hope so ....
Oh dear! Not used it for a week or two. The great app was spoyser's work.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers Dave :-) is anyone in contact with Spoyser ? It might just be a quick fix for him , then again it might not be lol .
Happy Joggling
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

Hello,

Does anyone now how I enable the digital sound device?

In SqueezeplayOS I go into alsamixer and unmute spdif? What do I do in PNPIII?

I'm having some optical connection issues in squeezeplay os where the sounds cuts in and out so want to test the squeezeplay app in this OS over optical.

Any help would be super! Cheers
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

To Offbeatdave. Thanks for all your efforts over the years with this great OS. I am very grateful.
Hank_Marvin

Post by Hank_Marvin »

Hank_Marvin wrote:Hello,

Does anyone now how I enable the digital sound device?

In SqueezeplayOS I go into alsamixer and unmute spdif? What do I do in PNPIII?

I'm having some optical connection issues in squeezeplay os where the sounds cuts in and out so want to test the squeezeplay app in this OS over optical.

Any help would be super! Cheers

Anyone? :)
gegs

Post by gegs »

It's been a while since I used PnPIII but I think there's a script to change the sound interface in SWF Launcher.