PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
cszhy

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

Post by cszhy »

castalla wrote:What file system is there on the disk? Fat, nfs, etc. ???

Also, what device is running LMS ?
Ntfs

I think LMS can be running just inside joggler itself,
Isn't it?
castalla

Post by castalla »

cszhy wrote:
castalla wrote:What file system is there on the disk? Fat, nfs, etc. ???

Also, what device is running LMS ?
Ntfs

I think LMS can be running just inside joggler itself,
Isn't it?

You have to install LMS - it isn't running by default. You need to expand the file system on your USB stick to 4gb to be able to install LMS.

To expand the USB stick you need to use GParted.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I'm confused ( doesn't take much )
Since the pure lounge app stopped playing the bbc streams , I have tried xbmc on the kitchen joggler but it is too fiddly for my good lady ,she listens to the radio and watches a few YouTube videos and PNP III is great for that and finger friendly .
is there any chance the pure app could be " pointed " to the right streams or failing that what is the easiest way of getting bbc Radio 6 etc going again ?
Thanks in advance
Gary
Happy Joggling
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

It's easy to use SqPOS for that. You can search for and find the relevant radion stations and then add them as favourites taking just one press to reach them from the main menu.

Obviously you'd lose Youtube using SqPOS though.
Error

Post by Error »

there is a youtube plugin in LMS but if it works it just plays audio (doesn't show video) but most of the time it doesn't work... so that's no option
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks for the replies ,So would the squeeze play within PNP III not work for this ?
Happy Joggling
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

I can't remember if it hs the option or not. If you open squeezeplay in PNPIII on the menu list is there 'radio' ? If so when you open that option I think you'll see options lie 'world', 'national stations' etc
open 'aitonal staitos' and look for 'bbc' then the station you want.
Finally holding down the name of the station from the now playing screen should bring up 'add to favourites'
this will now be found under favourites on the first menu, saving having to navigate through each time to find it.
hope this works for you.
offbeatdave

PnP III: That's all folks!

Post by offbeatdave »

:( :cry: IT'S A SAD DAY, BUT I'M OFFICIALLY CALLING TIME ON PnP III DEVELOPMENT :( :cry:
(No, it's not an April Fool's joke!)

As you've probably noticed, it's a year (where has it gone?! :shock: ) since I last updated anything on PnP III. During that time we've seen the BBC iPlayer app, Accuweather (without getting your hands dirty) and Google Maps all cease working and I simply don't have the skills to get them going again (although 'The Lounge' links could be updated I guess if anyone has the urge to play with the jogcontent file). I've also moved to Android devices and Roku/NowTV boxes for most of the things I previously 'Jogglered' for. You won't be surprised to know that there isn't a 'stock'/unhacked phone, tablet or set top box in the house! :D That said, we're still running 4 Jogglers and the OpenFrame2 in this house, but predominantly run the amazing sqpOS on them. Of course, I have been tinkering with sqpOS - see the sqpOS v3 thread for my most recent tinker streamlining Logitech Media Server installation! ;)

I need to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who actually 'created' PnP III (and PnP Mk II before it) - I just packaged it for the end-user! Obviously big contributors include roobarb, buzz, spoyser, pete, hawsey, gegs, dwl99, jkn, jon, castalla, jp_hero and, of course, gforums (and pretty much everyone on the top 50 forum posters). To be honest though, everyone on the forum has contributed in some way with little fixes, tweaks, requests, questions (mainly from ilovemyjoggler :lol: ) and by using it in such huge numbers.

It has been an amazing learning experience which started with PMJ (remember that?) before moving to Jogtools and then to the original gforums PnP and beyond. Without it I wouldn't have been able to do anything I've subsequently done on Android, NAS drives or Roku/NowTV boxes. I've also found that sleep is so overrated/unnecessary!

THANK YOU for all your support with this incredible project!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
hawsey

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

Post by hawsey »

Many thanks for all the hard work you put in to this Dave , it was great while it lasted and breathed life in to many an otherwise wasted Joggler .
I still think PNP III would be worthwhile with the lounge radio fixed as YouTube still works and many of the other apps so personally might look in to that jogcontent thing you mention .
Cheers for a great Joggler updater :-)
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

PnPIII is alive and well relating to the O2 Joggler. Google it and you will see.

Thank you Dave for bringing PnPIII to the O2 Joggler.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Many thanks from me as well. It was a great deal of use when O2 pushed out that awful update and made our Jogglers pretty much near useless.
You gave it life again for many years since!
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
gegs

Post by gegs »

Thanks for all your hard work on PnPIII. I understand why you've called a halt though. BBC iPlayer stopped working on my network enabled Blu-Ray player too - it's just not worth the effort to maintain things that keep breaking.

Nevertheless, the ground work is there if anyone wants to create new Joggler apps, the code is accessible and not too difficult to comprehend.

Also, I am terribly humbled to be mentioned in your closing message. Other than be an evangelist for your superb work, I don't think I've done much. I do like to support newbies though because learning to use SSH and how to apply hacks to the Joggler will be valuable in other instances. Learning to hack the Joggler gave me the confidence to jailbreak my ATV2 and to tinker with the Raspberry Pi (now running a Minecraft server for my son.)

PnPIII and (when I felt more confident) BuZz's linux distros were the keys that opened the door to my tech tinkering, so I'd like to thank you, BuZz, spoyser, roobarb! and everyone else that contributes to this forum.

P.S. I'll still use PnPIII but gradually relegate things that stop working to the last screen.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Just a quick update...

Just to finish things off properly I'm putting together a final v3.50a of PnP III. See the changelog for further details.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks Dave .
Has anybody any ideas how to get " The Lounge" radio app working again by modifying the jogcontent file as suggested , it was always one of the best things about PNPIII :-)
Happy Joggling
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Yeah, just find alternative urls for the stations and replace them in the jogContent.xml file. Note that some stations still work (e.g. Kerrang!).
Last edited by offbeatdave on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

That easy ha ,not for me I bet .
I've never really done the ssh thing is that what I need to do ?

Any other takers for the job ?
Happy Joggling
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

You could use WinSCP, navigate to /openpeak/gui/apps/o2_radio and edit the jogContent.xml file. Each station has an entry in the format

Code: Select all

<NetRadio>
			<NetRadioID>2</NetRadioID>
			<Name>BBC Radio 1</Name>
			<Description>The best new music and entertainment</Description>
			<ImageURL>/openpeak/gui/apps/o2_radio/icons/14352.png</ImageURL>
			<LocationID>14</LocationID>
			<LanguageCode>en</LanguageCode>
			<Genres>
				<Genre Name="Pop"/>
				<Genre Name="Top 40"/>
				<Genre Name="Dance and Disco"/>
				<Genre Name="Rock"/>
			</Genres>
			<Streams>
				<Stream Status="1" BitRate="128" StreamFormat="RTSP/ASF" AudioFormat="WMA" Reliability="9" AudioQualityRating="3" URL="http://media.thelounge.com/radio/10.asx"/>
			</Streams>
		</NetRadio>
Replace the required bits in <Stream Status...

For example...

Code: Select all

<Stream Status="1" BitRate="128" StreamFormat="SHOUTCAST/SHOUTCAST" AudioFormat="mp3" Reliability="9" AudioQualityRating="3" URL="http://www.listenlive.eu/bbcradio1.m3u"/>
...makes BBC Radio 1 play again (for now).

Lots of streaming URLs are available fromhttp://www.listenlive.eu/uk.html. Just right click the 'Listen Live' links and copy the URLs. If I get the urge I'll have a look next week. Just having problems updating Logitech Media Server to 7.8.1 or 7.9 on PnP III at the moment.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Much appreciated Dave :-) you are a star it would be great if you could get them working again for the lounge before you finish your last tinkerings with PNPIII .
No worries if you can't , I won't expect but live in hope :-)
Thanks again ...
Happy Joggling
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Have done BBC Radio 1-6, 1x, 4x, 5x in build I'm working on.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Much appreciated :-) can't wait ..
Happy Joggling