PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ilovemyjoggler

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download v3.048 here!

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Just tried mine and it's working fine. My set up is lms on pnpIII and usb full of mp3's.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

offbeatdave wrote:(in SqueezePlay OS for Joggler topic) No help now, but if anything locks up and you can still access the Joggler remotely, you can usually just restart tango via the web interface (type the Joggler's IP address into a web browser and select the restart tango option, or telnet into the Joggler and type

killall tango

which should bring you back to the main screen.
Thanks dave. In this case wouldn't have worked because the Powerline had dropped the connection to the router, although at the time I didn't know that was the source of the problem.
However re your reference to tango: could you give a brief explanation of what this is as I've often wondered before what the consequences of "restart tango" are when looking a joggler settings via web/IP.
Thanks,
Fishy :|
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

As far as I am aware, tango is just the process which runs the desktop. It's a bit like stopping and starting the explorer.exe in Windows I think. On the Joggler, it kills most apps that may be running/stuck and gets you back to the desktop. The only one which I've found survives this is the Opera Browser.

That's how it works in my head anyway - I'm sure someone can give a more precise and correct answer though!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Hi dave - like your Skegness comment but thought had better get back onto correct thread; the SqPOS folk might not like it!!

Have you seen new thread "sad day..." started by ilovemyjoggler ?
Weird how same thing happened to me on same day - makes me wonder if something external has affected us, possibly related to YouTube plugin.

However, I'm keen to get PnPIII playing off a usb rather than the internal memory.
Had a look for instructions/download on this thread but could not spot it.
Can it be done? Could you point me in right direction?

Cheers & many thanks!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Fishy wrote:However, I'm keen to get PnPIII playing off a usb rather than the internal memory.
Had a look for instructions/download on this thread but could not spot it.
Can it be done? Could you point me in right direction?
Sorry to disappoint but as it is just a tweak of the standard OS, just like the standard OS it can't be run off a USB stick. :(

I would have thought the double failure is coincidence. :? I don't think there's anything in spoyser's YouTube app that should affect any other aspect of Joggling.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Fishy, Just thought you'd be amused to know that I installed PNPIII on my most recently purchased joggler (not the joggler I had trouble with) and it also defaults to Skegness on googlemaps. Now how's that for a coincidence !! :lol:

In case this is of interest...I was unable to install PNPIII on my joggler which had been reflashed with roobarb!'s brand new updated image. No doubt it's my error but I had to re-reflash with first openpeak image.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Skegness? - it's not a coincidence; that's embedded in the version we have all downloaded from offbeatdave (PnP 3.048).
It's fairly easy to change via WinSCP (Google it to download).
Then go to /media/opt/maps/content.xml if on O2; or /openpeak/gui/apps/op_google_maps/content.xml if on Openpeak 30300
Edit the text in the content.xml file to look like this:

<content>
<locations>

<location>
<lat>50.0000</lat>
<lng>-4.0000</lng>
<title>MyTown, United Kingdom</title>
<address>MyPostCode, United Kingdom</address>
</location>

</locations>
</content>

Use Google maps, etc to find your actual lat long and substitute for 50.0000 and -4.0000 above; obviously put your Town and Post Code in where I've put MyTown & MyPostCode. :geek:

Re your second point - I couldn't get it to flash PnP onto O2 either which is why I've ended up with it on OP 30300.
Still v happy it now works again :D
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Thanks Fishy. Google map now 150 miles closer to home. :)

On another matter, offbeatdave, can you please take a look at this post by BuZz.

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 650#p14281

Is it possible?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Still here fiddling with the next version. Check out the changelog for all the little tweaks.
offbeatdave

NEW PNP III RELEASE - v3.101

Post by offbeatdave »

New version now available!

*Update: If using Roobarb's re-worked OpenPeak image and tool to reflash, you'll need to SSH in to the Joggler with u/name and p/word joggler for the next stage. You'll also need to restart LMS via SWF Manager->Shell to enable plugins as it doesn't seem to want to follow my instructions to do this!*
*Update 2:It sometimes needs to be done if you use the one of the original OpenPeak image too.*

The current version (v3.101) can be downloaded from here. (updated 2nd December 2012)
Previous version (v3.048) can be downloaded from here.

New to v3.101:
Renumbered version to reflect the number of tweaks to this version - all minor but there are a few!
Added a Mount Writable USB icon (saves me going to SWF Launcher->Shell when I need this)
Renamed Scripts in SWF Launcher->Shell to group related items
Changed Restart_LMS script in SWF Launcher->Shell to work with renamed LMS directory
Added Stop_LMS script in SWF Launcher->Shell
Better UK football RSS feed added - not perfect, but better
Sky Sports News and Sky News apps removed from both OpenPeak and o2 OS versions as they no longer update.
Football feed in News app updated (along with generic icon)
Politics feed in News app updated (along with generic icon)
Entertainment feed in News app updated (along with generic icon)
Sport feed in News app updated (along with generic icon)
CBBC Newsround feed updated in News app
UK and World News feeds separated in News app
Updated to roobarb's Squeezeplay v1.52
Cleaned up a couple of non-working Squeezeplay favourites (Comedy 24/7, Sky stations, WDW Tunes)
and Lounge stations (Power Station, WDW Tunes, Radio Disney) and renamed 'Comedy' 'Adult Comedy'
Made Logitech Media Server script more generic to make further updates to PNP III easier
(just rename .tgz archive (and .tar contained therein) 'logitechmediaserver', not logitechmediaserver-x.x.x.xxxxx
YouTube tabs tweaked to provide 'better' news feed (ITN instead of Sky)

Read the detailed changelog here.
Last edited by offbeatdave on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew1971

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download v3.101 here!

Post by Andrew1971 »

Another version pnp3 awesome work keep it up offbeatdave. Now i will see if i can get this one to install been having trouble installing older version.
Many Thanks
Andrew
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Andrew1971 wrote:Another version pnp3 awesome work keep it up offbeatdave. Now i will see if i can get this one to install been having trouble installing older version.
Many Thanks
Andrew
Just shout if you have any problems and we'll try our best to sort it out!
slyboy76

Post by slyboy76 »

I have just done a clean wipe and its worked so far with the new openpeak image. I have telnet in but the cd /mnt/files command wont work...... it says canr cd to mnt/files.

Any help would be great
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

slyboy76 wrote:I have just done a clean wipe and its worked so far with the new openpeak image. I have telnet in but the cd /mnt/files command wont work...... it says canr cd to mnt/files.

Any help would be great
Hi. Usually means it doesn't like your usb. I've on occasion had to try a few before it would work.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

slyboy76 wrote:I have just done a clean wipe and its worked so far with the new openpeak image. I have telnet in but the cd /mnt/files command wont work...... it says canr cd to mnt/files.

Any help would be great
I'll echo the advice above in the first instance. I've always been really lucky with USB sticks - anything I've used has always worked. Others haven't been so lucky though. Make sure you've given it a moment to register in the device too.
slyboy76

Post by slyboy76 »

You guys were right. Its weird though as the USB I was using was the one I've used to PNP three jogglers, but with this latest joggler update
it wasn't liked. Got it on now and just using squeezeplayer really. Have a question though about BBC channels in squeeze. They work for a day or so and then just drop out. Is there a fix for this other than rebooting the server?
offbeatdave

USB not recognised...

Post by offbeatdave »

Actually, I've had a USB refuse to be recognised temporarily, but a full format and another go at copying the files did the trick. When testing, I tend to extract the archive to the computer first and then copy the files to the USB stick, rather than extract to the USB directly.
slyboy76

Post by slyboy76 »

Hi everyone I have a few quick questions about the latest release.
1. When I enter my registration details for mysqueezebox.com it won't sign in stating there's no connection.
2. I have a joggler that has the lms running for my music collection ( on USB) and another in my kitchen that is just for using squeeze play. I set the lms up with iPlayer app and the kitchen joggler can play BBC stations but the joggler upstairs can't. The music off the USB is fine as well.

Any suggestions would be great......
jogglerhase

SqueezePlay for Joggler multitasking...via Squeezelite??

Post by jogglerhase »

Hi offbeatdave;
can I bring up this old question again?
jogglerhase wrote:Hi;....
I was wondering, if there is a way to have Squeezeplay running and be able to go back to the main screen to run i.e. an egg timer while Squeezeplay keeps playing music?
Kind of like the radio app, which you can have running while returning to the home screen and doing other stuff while Radio keeps playing.....
Heiner
Would this be a way into it:
florca wrote:Thanks to a new software player developed by "Triode" (author of many excellent Squeezebox Plugins, including the peerless BBC iPlayer plugin) we can now have "native" AAC / MP4 / ADTS playback on the Joggler without a full LMS install. More details are at this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... sa-only%29 and I'm currently listening to it running "underneath" the standard roobarb! Squeezeplay on the O2 o/s. Works really well, and means that you can run with a much more lightweight LMS system.
.....Needs to be installed with the various decoder runtime libraries, and my installation method (copying the libs off an Ubuntu system into the Joggler /usr/lib directory) is a bit basic / flaky - but all working well so far!
Brgds
Phil
Again, it would be so great to be able to keep 'squeezemusic' playing while checking mail, running eggtimer, ....

What do you think?
Do you see any chance for this to be implemented in your great PNPIII st. OS enhancement?

All the best, Heiner
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

To the best of my somewhat limited knowledge, it can't be done!