PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download v3.048 here!

Post by offbeatdave »

Not as straightforward as that. The layout is stored in the file menuData.cookie which is in /openpeak/gui/mainmenus
You need to set up a Joggler in the desired order and then extract that file. The code in the PnP III script that sets it from the file is

Code: Select all

#SET CUSTOM MENU ORDER
cd /openpeak/gui/mainmenus
rm menuData.cookie
cp -r /mnt/files/menuData.cookieop /openpeak/gui/mainmenus
mv menuData.cookieop menuData.cookie
chmod a+x menuData.cookie
or

#SET CUSTOM MENU ORDER
cd /openpeak/gui/mainmenus
rm menuData.cookie
cp -r /mnt/files/menuData.cookieo2 /openpeak/gui/mainmenus
mv menuData.cookieo2 menuData.cookie
chmod a+x menuData.cookie
where menuData.cookieop is the file PnP III uses on an OpenPeak OS and menuData.cookieo2 is the file it uses on the original o2 OS.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
jkn

Post by jkn »

Hi Dave
Thanks for that - I saw that file and its contents but (esp. considering the name) wasn't sure if that was its purpose.

I will have a play as you suggest. A pity I didn't grab a copy of the file before the need for reflashing...

Cheers
Jon N
rsjackson

Post by rsjackson »

I have 4 jogglers running pnp III, 3.045. Can someone please explain how far backwards do I have to go to install 3.048.
Simply booting to a joggler with 3.048 on the usb does not appear to work.

The only apparent change is that the joggler no longer properly sets the right time and date and the live channels on iplayer fail now.

I know the changes might be minor but I think this principle is worth establishing and I'd like to keep up to date
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

You need to install the new version. Others have installed over an older version but I think offbeatdave recommends reflashing first - so you start with a clean machine. It's the way I do it and it's always worked without any problems when I do it like that. I don't think PnPIII boots from a usb like other os.
rsjackson

Post by rsjackson »

Thanks very much.
I will try again , just had hoped to avoid the rigmarole of all that if possible.

The original post says that there are instructions for updating from a previous version which seem not to exist now if they did before, and there is also an option on the joggler to check for updates but which returns none.

You are quite right of course it is not booting from the usb just reading from it after telneting in.

How can I be positive when 3.048 is on though I wonder ?

e.g. My LMS was already the latest version anyway so that does not seem to come uniquely from the 3.048 update. I have not even attempted to put 3.048 on the other 3 and which all have the latest LMS
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Changelog here.
gegs

Post by gegs »

rsjackson wrote:I have not even attempted to put 3.048 on the other 3 and which all have the latest LMS
Isn't that a bit of a nightmare, having Logitech Media Server on more than one Joggler? I only have LMS on my PnPIII kitchen Joggler and it acts as the server for a Squeezeplay OS Joggler that's attached to my hi-fi in the living room (and, of course, as a server for the kitchen Joggler's own PnPIII version of Squeezeplay).
rsjackson

Post by rsjackson »

Latest Squeezeplay I meant sorry not LMS.
gegs

Post by gegs »

rsjackson wrote:Latest Squeezeplay I meant sorry not LMS.
Aaah!!... I thought that might be what you meant but I wasn't sure.

I can only reiterate what others have said; it's usually better to reflash and re-install PnPIII afresh. As well as providing the latest versions of everything (to date) it will also clear out redundant things that no longer work anymore. If there are things that you don't want to install, you can edit the PnPIII installation script and comment them out.

I know that having to reflash is a minor pain but it's not exclusive to the Joggler. When I updated the iOS on my Apple TV I lost all my settings and had to jailbreak and set everything up anew. It's also the reason I haven't updated to iOS6 on my iPad; I don't want to lose the jailbreak and Cydia apps. At least with the Joggler you won't lose the ability to install 3rd party apps if you reflash.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Fishy wrote:Running PnPIII v3.048; sound out via USB to Behringer UC202.
Finding that sound suddenly stops completely on one of my jogglers after about 15 mins of continuous playing.
Happens on everything, SqueezePlay, iPlayer, Pure radio, etc.
Can only get it back by disconnecting/reconnecting Behringer cable from USB.

Any ideas??

Still suffering with this issue although have found that simply exiting whatever application is in use back to screensaver clock then going back in restores the sound, ie no need for mains disconnection/reboot.
Did think at one time could be caused by electrical spiking because sometimes seemed to coincide with cooker hood or oven being turned on/off but bought an anti-surge plug and it's still happening.
It's a real shame because it is rendering a fantastic set up almost useless.
Are there any sound settings for me to tweek?
Any other thoughts?
gegs

Post by gegs »

I'm using one of those (the Behringer) and don't have those problems, although I'm using it on Squeezeplay OS with S/PDIF output. I'm using one of the bog standard C-Media chip USB sound devices - http://bit.ly/RVIabk - for my PnPIII kitchen Joggler and don't have sound dropouts on that either.

Have you tried different asound.conf files? There's a couple of versions kicking about the forum but I've found the simplest version works best for me.
gforums

Post by gforums »

EDIT:
okay....this really seems to be a problem with my wifi.
connected with wire, I now can access telnet.

--------------------
Hi guys,

I still have huge problems getting telnet working on 2 of my jogglers after the last o2 update (to the openpeak firmware).
I did so much with my jogglers all the years ago, while I can't understand why that simple step to get telnet working is just not working for me.

I did install the openpeak image from post 1 without any problem.
After that, I copied the PnP III package files on three different usb keys, all fat32.
None of them was able to activate telnet for me. I rebootet several times, I am connected wirelessly to my network but I just don't get that f*ck*** telnet access :oops:

I tried two different telnet clients on my desk pc, I also tried telnettig from my android device, but I just get a connection.

what else can I try?! might my router has problems forwarding my telnet request?! any idea?!

thank you together!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Telnet is activated by default via the OpenPeak reflasher so once reflash is complete (it even says something like 'Telnet: Yes" as it's going through the motions on the blue reflash screen right before the green 'Ready' screen.

You should then be able to boot up the reflashed Joggler and connect to the wireless via Settings->Network. Try putting in the settings mannualy for your wireless network - I've had to do that before.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Finding that sound suddenly stops completely on one of my jogglers after about 15 mins of continuous playing.
Solved this, eventually traced to poor connection from internal usb socket to Behringer sound card. :P
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Fishy wrote:
Solved this, eventually traced to poor connection from internal usb socket to Behringer sound card. :P
Phew. Glad it wasn't something I'd messed up!
Last edited by offbeatdave on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
offbeatdave

UPDATE: News App feeds revised

Post by offbeatdave »

29th October 2012: Update the feeds and icons used by the News app (integrated v3.049 onwards)
Telnet in and enter:

cd /media/opt
rm -r news/*
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77534245/news.tar
tar xvf news.tar
rm -r news.tar
Note that this will remove any fiddling you've done to any of the news feeds yourself.

Edit: Oops. Football news feed is a little out of date (over a year)
Edit 2: Fixed (for now) with world football news.
Edit 3: Fairly 'clean' (ie no random attempts to display links) more UK based football feed located and added (1st November 2012)
Last edited by offbeatdave on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
offbeatdave

UPDATE: Better news feed in YouTube app

Post by offbeatdave »

Why not tweak the tabs in Spoyser's excellent YouTube app. I've found the ITN feed to be better (updated more frequently with more stories) than the Sky News version. Just edit the tabs.xml file in /media/launcher/apps/Youtube, change the fee title to ITN News and in the feed line replace skynews with itnnews

It'll be changed as standard in PnP v3.049.
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

mysqueezebox is not logging in with my username and password on both jogglers and web service.Is this normal or i have to chane/reset something?
leepea

Post by leepea »

My Squeezeplay is also playing up, not connecting to mysqueezebox.com

Tried updating, still no joy. The option to reset/change username and password also gives a "cannot connect" error. Anybody have any thoughts?
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Think it's an outage of MySB.com according to the Squeezebox forums.