PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download v3.048 here!

Post by offbeatdave »

If you want to stay with the original o2 look, the best thing to do is first to reflash with roobarb's reflasher. Visit birdslikewires.co.uk for details.
Then download PnP III, unzip it onto a USB stick and boot the Joggler with the PnP III stick in. It'll take 12-15 minutes to do it's thing and it will look like nothing is happening. It'll eventually reboot into a shiny new look OS and off you go.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
yellowjellyfish

Post by yellowjellyfish »

Thanks offbeatdave.
I'm going to give it a go today. I'm not really fussed on keeping the original o2 look. I'd much rather have a reworked masterpiece os such as your own work. Unfortunately, it's my confidence doing the job that is letting the side down. I'm confident but untested. 'Telenet' ing into the joggler etc puts me off for fear of wrecking everything. However, with the help of the o2 joggler forum, and me stopping being a wuss, it will be done today lol. Will let you know how it all goes.
Many thanks again
John
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:Any advice please?

My 2nd PNPIII'ed joggler has a usb, containing all my music, sticking out of it. It's my 'atom' library and runs using the on board LMS so I never have to turn on the pc/laptop for tunes. I'm delighted with this setup but saw this post on the squeezeplay os thread and wondered if I might be damaging the joggler's memory. Really don't want to do that!

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 400#p13422

Is my setup likely to cause problems - should I do something else?

Of course I may have misunderstood what's being said...it wouldn't be the first time (or the last). ;)
That would be my post. You did understand perfectly BTW.
I'm not 100% that it could damage the flash but based on other posts on here it does seem like a possibility to me. It does seem to be accepted wisdom that the internal flash can be fragile but I've no personal evidence to back that up.

For me at least it was actually more about space and other plugins available that made me use something else for the main server joggler on USB, plus as I don't use the wifi I have my usb installed internally so it looks like an internally installed OS any way.
My music is all on my NAS mounted using CIFS, all 10k tracks so my LMS database files are quite large, I also have a small number of WMA files which need transcoding to play, SqueezePlay OS comes with Mplayer installed so can do this using a plugin.

I do however use PNP3 for my other jogglers that function as players and multifunction devices. The joggler that runs the server is dedicated to music playing only anyway so SqPOS was a perfect fit.
yellowjellyfish

Post by yellowjellyfish »

Hi again.
Mission successful. Reflashed successfully to the original original o2 software, how it looked when it came out of the box. Then installed pnpIII, which went well. All the new apps are running on the original old style o2 screen layout. Thanks very much for all your help, looking forward to continuing to mess about with it using my new found confidence in myself.
Quick question, do I need to leave the usb plugged in or can it now be removed.
Thanks again
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

yellowjellyfish wrote:Hi again.
Mission successful. Reflashed successfully to the original original o2 software, how it looked when it came out of the box. Then installed pnpIII, which went well. All the new apps are running on the original old style o2 screen layout. Thanks very much for all your help, looking forward to continuing to mess about with it using my new found confidence in myself.
Quick question, do I need to leave the usb plugged in or can it now be removed.
Thanks again
Glad it worked OK! The USB stick can now be removed - enjoy PnP III!
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

JimbobVFR400 wrote:
ilovemyjoggler wrote:Any advice please?

My 2nd PNPIII'ed joggler has a usb, containing all my music, sticking out of it. It's my 'atom' library and runs using the on board LMS so I never have to turn on the pc/laptop for tunes. I'm delighted with this setup but saw this post on the squeezeplay os thread and wondered if I might be damaging the joggler's memory. Really don't want to do that!

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 400#p13422

Is my setup likely to cause problems - should I do something else?

Of course I may have misunderstood what's being said...it wouldn't be the first time (or the last). ;)
That would be my post. You did understand perfectly BTW.
I'm not 100% that it could damage the flash but based on other posts on here it does seem like a possibility to me. It does seem to be accepted wisdom that the internal flash can be fragile but I've no personal evidence to back that up.

For me at least it was actually more about space and other plugins available that made me use something else for the main server joggler on USB, plus as I don't use the wifi I have my usb installed internally so it looks like an internally installed OS any way.
My music is all on my NAS mounted using CIFS, all 10k tracks so my LMS database files are quite large, I also have a small number of WMA files which need transcoding to play, SqueezePlay OS comes with Mplayer installed so can do this using a plugin.

I do however use PNP3 for my other jogglers that function as players and multifunction devices. The joggler that runs the server is dedicated to music playing only anyway so SqPOS was a perfect fit.
Hi. Thanks for this reply - food for thought. It has lead to another question which I have posted in the squeezeplay os thread.
January_King

iPlayer problem since yesterday

Post by January_King »

EDITED 19:00 2 Oct - Please ignore - sorted with a re-flash!

Firstly I am very pleased with PNP3 (and indeed Squeezeplay OS which is installed on my other, B&O connected, Joggler) However, I am finding that iPlayer live streams now come up with an on-screen banner saying "BBC [channel] is not currently available" after a brief second or so of video. Non-live iPlayer is fine.
I have a clue that it may be connected with a recent reinstallation of PNP3 in an attempt to rectify some Squeezeplay difficulties (which it did) but at the same time upset the time shown on the main screen. Yes, I have tried a number of NTP servers in Settings to amend this. I guess it is possible that iPlayer looks at the system date and says 'no'?
Any new ideas welcome!
JK
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Running PnPIII v3.048; sound out via USB to Behringer UC202.
Finding that sound suddenly stops completely on one of my jogglers after about 15 mins of continuous playing.
Happens on everything, SqueezePlay, iPlayer, Pure radio, etc.
Can only get it back by disconnecting/reconnecting Behringer cable from USB.

Any ideas??
pete

Post by pete »

Here I use a "cheapy" $1 USD USB sound card with PnPIII and Squeezebox.

Works and never disconnects when I stream audio from the internet or my NAS. But that is me and my setup?

I have noticed that when booting and relating to USB power using the keyboard as a USB power indicator that it goes on and off while booting.

The power draw though could also affect devices while on line shutting off and on a device causing some issues. You could maybe use an externally powered USB hub. The run of the mill USB ports typically backfeed 5 Volts to the Joggler which cause issues in itself.

I think that the USB SSD sticks that I am using utilize more power than the regular USB memory sticks cuz they get very warm when running. The two adjacent WLAN and SSD memory sticks get hot sitting adjacent to each other.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

Dear Dave I received the joggler from ebay that I bought from you and everything works great.IAlso have an O2 joggler,which I also updated to latest pnp iii.Comparing the two I find some differences:
1.In O2 I can't see the upnp buttone,how can I install it?
2. In O2, squeezplay does not have the ibbc player radio,how can I install it?
3.There Are some icons missing..games mostly...that I can't find in O2 version. I suppose I can't add these in O2 veersion?
4. Can find/add better alarm application,where I can set an alarm a recurrent alarm for the week?

Thanks(ebay:mariatherapontos)
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

ttherapo wrote:IAlso have an O2 joggler,which I also updated to latest pnp iii.Comparing the two I find some differences:
1.In O2 I can't see the upnp buttone,how can I install it?
2. In O2, squeezplay does not have the ibbc player radio,how can I install it?
3.There Are some icons missing..games mostly...that I can't find in O2 version. I suppose I can't add these in O2 veersion?
4. Can find/add better alarm application,where I can set an alarm a recurrent alarm for the week?
)
Hi,

Glad it's arrived safely and is working OK for you.

The o2 version has some differences, which you've found!

1: The uPnP on the o2 version is in the Tools option I believe and is called 'Connect and Play'
2: To add iPlayer radio you need to go to Logitech Media Server (via your <Joggler's IP address>:9000 in a browser), go to settings and then Plugins. I might have forgotten to set the o2 version of PnP III to add it automatically.
3: The missing games are not on the o2 version - they came along with the OpenPeak update.
4: Sorry - I don't use the alarm so I'm not sure of it's functionality.

You can always reflash the o2 one to the OpenPeak software and then reinstall PnP III on it. Instructions for this are in the opening post.
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

offbeatdave wrote: 2: To add iPlayer radio you need to go to Logitech Media Server (via your <Joggler's IP address>:9000 in a browser), go to settings and then Plugins. I might have forgotten to set the o2 version of PnP III to add it automatically.
If LMS is already running on the OpenPeak joggler you could alternatively switch the O2 Joggler to connect to that LMS instead. Choose switch library at the bottom of the My Music menu. I suspect both servers will have the same name though it might be confusing so worth renaming the LMS from Atom to something more descriptive.
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

ok thanks for your reply. I downloaded reflash and green screen came up.Rebooted and openpeak screen appeard as well as openpeak menu. I insered pnpiii usb stick and then i rund cmd and then telnet. Then typed open and entered my joggler ip adress, user root and then enter.After that i get the prompt # so it type there: cd /mnt/file and so i get the error -sh:cd /mnt/files:not found
any help?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

hi. First try an alternative usb stick
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

Thanks for the reply,

I did try this last night.I found this answer from another user,tried another usb and it did update. Again thank you for your reply and all your efforts!!!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Nice one!
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

Another question, is there any way to connect joggler with hifi wireless?my joggler is not next to my hifi and I don't want any cables
pukington

PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download v3.048 here!

Post by pukington »

Ttherapo, there are devices to send audio wirelessly, you'll need both a sender and receiver.

The 3.5mm jack output from the joggler isn't ideal though, if you could find a USB audio transmitter that's compatible with the Joggler, generally you'll need a cmedia chipped external adapter as they are known to work by plug n play. Set the sound to output over USB via the shell script button and transmit to a receiver beside your hifi.

I've only had a quick google but found this http://bit.ly/Vfd7s3 although don't know if it'd be compatible with the joggler. Then I assume you'd have a 3.5mm jack to phono adapter to your hifi.

There's a huge amount on these forums about audio clarity and using the joggler, if your an audiophile with a high end hifi your best bet is to move the joggler beside the hifi and get a USB dac to phono, this is what I and many others do. I've a Muse audio USB Dac that I had lying around, but the behringer external USB http://bit.ly/ORl9cm works all, several cheap solutions.

It depends on the quality your after.
jkn

Post by jkn »

Pretty simple question here - can anyone point me at the location of the (xml?) file which specifies the number and order of Joggler icons shown when running PNP III?

i have had to reflash my Joggler a couple of times recently. Since I prefer a different layout of icons I spend too long faffing with the 'move icons' feature, which is quirky at best. I am guessing that there is an xml file I could edit via SSH instead, but a cursory look hasn't revealed the one that is used to me.

Any pointers, please?

Thanks
Jon N
jkn

Post by jkn »

Slight update - I think the icons are held in /media/appshop/applications.xml - but this files does not seem to specify the order/positioning, which is what I'm after.

Thanks, J^n