PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download & details he

Post by offbeatdave »

dwl99 wrote:Have a look on Google for radio station feeds you want to have on your Joggler and copy the feed location. Also right click on the icon for each station & copy the image location. You can then edit the jogContent.xml file with this information (I used Notepad++ in Windows) and change the Name & Description & Genre fields to whatever you want.. Please note that you need to edit pre-existing stations in the list, you cannot add new entries. It's best to substitute a WMA stream with another WMA one, likewise for MP3 streams. Most of the editable stations are in the Top Commercial Stations section.

BTW has anyone found a feed for 101.ru Pink Floyd or Birdsong Radio? I cannot find any that work in the Joggler.
You can add to the list in the pnp iii version i believe. Indeed, that's how i added some to it if memory serves me correctly.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Please excuse my hignorance :-)
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

I am trying to disable DHCP and insert a static ip.Testing almost finishes ok, ip ok but network connection lost but with DHCP enabled everything is ok.I want to put a static ip, as when i reboot Joggler it seems to get ip from NAS and not from router as a result no connection. Can this feature be installed in pnp website settings?
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

ttherapo wrote:I am trying to disable DHCP and insert a static ip.Testing almost finishes ok, ip ok but network connection lost but with DHCP enabled everything is ok.I want to put a static ip, as when i reboot Joggler it seems to get ip from NAS and not from router as a result no connection. Can this feature be installed in pnp website settings?
Does your router support MAC address filtering? It might be a workaround in the meantime.
gerrykiddy

Post by gerrykiddy »

A Huge thank you for great info and detail.
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

dwl99 wrote:BTW has anyone found a feed for 101.ru Pink Floyd or Birdsong Radio? I cannot find any that work in the Joggler.
In Squeezeplay Search for 'Pink Floyd' and choose 'Other Results:Pink Floyd' and it's about 8 or 9 down the list along with umpteen other
options ;)
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

cheers, I have the station on Tunein but I was looking for a Lounge feed :-)
Nasedo

Post by Nasedo »

I just wondering... if it's possible to have something like reminder? I will explain, what I would like to have.
It's working Google calendar, but it's (in my opinion) not working in background - so it's not really helpful.

Memo, is not a solution - because it's not remaining.

Let's try imagine situation - when I leave Joggler ON, then I would like to leave message on it - like: "I will be late tonight", and I would like this message still appears on the screen.

Maybe SWF Player could help... but, what about edition of this message?

In my opinion, something like scrolling (editable) message, as a screen saver would be perfect. What do you think about this?
leepea

Post by leepea »

Nasedo wrote:Let's try imagine situation - when I leave Joggler ON, then I would like to leave message on it - like: "I will be late tonight", and I would like this message still appears on the screen.
I may have a solution:

:D
jkn

Post by jkn »

someone else who has the good taste to use a Sailor pen, I think I see... ;-)
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

Just wondered if there is any way to change the frequency of photo changes in the photo-slideshow wallpaper.

at the moment my photos change every 5 seconds , I would like them to change every 15 minutes ???

Anybody any ideas ??
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

gazupnorth wrote:Just wondered if there is any way to change the frequency of photo changes in the photo-slideshow wallpaper.

at the moment my photos change every 5 seconds , I would like them to change every 15 minutes ???

Anybody any ideas ??
I guess it needs a clever swf person to decompile it, tweak it and then re compile it. Any takers?
spoyser

PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download & details here!

Post by spoyser »

Isn't the delay set in the Photos application itself?

Start up Photos application, click on a photo to get full screen image then tap screen again, menu should then appear where delay can be set.
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

thanks spoyser , I didn't realise it was so simple
VanZan

Post by VanZan »

Dave I've just taken delivery of a Joggler I bought on eBay. Would it be possible to get a copy of your "quickstart guide" please?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

VanZan wrote:Dave I've just taken delivery of a Joggler I bought on eBay. Would it be possible to get a copy of your "quickstart guide" please?
Yeah, just back from 3 weeks in Florida so will get round to it over the next couple of days.
jemhayward

Post by jemhayward »

Installed pnp3 and all is working fine, but I have a couple of issues with the webserver: Not too important, but the top menu doesn't appear on my iPad, using both safari and other browsers 8-(
Go back to my office, fire up the mac, and I now have more options, but its telling me fibs: It reports all of the available software is "not installed", but they are, and it doesn't identify the base version, or the webserver version. As an experiment I asked it to update the webserver, but it still says its out of date! Its all working ok, so I can live with it. I was just looking for some way of editing conf files for hacking squeezeplay, without going in via SSH, as I have vi phobia!
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

I disable dimming from joggler web interface but the screen goes slightly off and on all the time. Any more suggestions to fix this?Also I changed brightness to 100% but it doesn't seem to fix this issue.Please help
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

jemhayward wrote:Installed pnp3 and all is working fine, but I have a couple of issues with the webserver: Not too important, but the top menu doesn't appear on my iPad, using both safari and other browsers 8-(
Go back to my office, fire up the mac, and I now have more options, but its telling me fibs: It reports all of the available software is "not installed", but they are, and it doesn't identify the base version, or the webserver version. As an experiment I asked it to update the webserver, but it still says its out of date! Its all working ok, so I can live with it. I was just looking for some way of editing conf files for hacking squeezeplay, without going in via SSH, as I have vi phobia!
I, too, have an aversion to vi. Try using WinSCP & you can edit these files from your PC using a notepad-like app.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

jemhayward wrote:Installed pnp3 and all is working fine, but I have a couple of issues with the webserver: Not too important, but the top menu doesn't appear on my iPad, using both safari and other browsers 8-(
Go back to my office, fire up the mac, and I now have more options, but its telling me fibs: It reports all of the available software is "not installed", but they are, and it doesn't identify the base version, or the webserver version. As an experiment I asked it to update the webserver, but it still says its out of date!
Hmm. It appears you have managed to get into the old original gforums PnP webserver page. This shouldn't have been possible with PnP III. I will investigate. There shouldn't be any software installation info or update webserver option. There shouldn't have been any top menu items either. Are you definitely on PnP III?