PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: Newbie with questions

Post by offbeatdave »

If you are on a debranded OpenPeak one (colourful icons) you need to edit the pnp3op.sh file instead. The pnp3o2.shx file is for pre-update 'blue' icon jogglers.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
valve90210

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download & details he

Post by valve90210 »

Mine is on the o2 software still, blue icons etc.

Just had a quick look at pnp302.shx and didn't seem to be able to find USA Today and a couple of other bits, am I'm just being blind or are they not in the file, if not, how cna I stop them from being installed?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

valve90210 wrote:Mine is on the o2 software still, blue icons etc.

Just had a quick look at pnp302.shx and didn't seem to be able to find USA Today and a couple of other bits, am I'm just being blind or are they not in the file, if not, how cna I stop them from being installed?
Ah yes, they are installed in a lump. Not near the file at the moment, but they're somewhere in one of the archives - openpeakapps or something. You'll also need to fiddle with one of the applications.xml files in the files directory of the USB stick, but I can't remember which one it is without looking.
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

Is there an app like pulse news that we can install to view news from different locations?
valve90210

Post by valve90210 »

When editing the application.xml with US Today etc in, do I just # out the lines relating to the ones I don't want?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

valve90210 wrote:When editing the application.xml with US Today etc in, do I just # out the lines relating to the ones I don't want?
No, in the applications.xml file you need to delete the ones you don't want. There is a way of commenting them out, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, although I know it is not #
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Offbeatdave, I'm curious. Is there any benefit to the jogger or PnPIII in removing unwanted apps? (rather than shoving unused apps to the back page) ;)
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:Offbeatdave, I'm curious. Is there any benefit to the jogger or PnPIII in removing unwanted apps? (rather than shoving unused apps to the back page) ;)
To be honest, no other than to save a little space to pop other stuff on there (if you had other stuff to put on there!). I guess it saves a very small amount of writing on the internal flash when installing if less is installing! One thing I would like is a better RSS reader (or better full RSS feeds for the current reader).
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

offbeatdave wrote:To be honest, no other than to save a little space to pop other stuff on there (if you had other stuff to put on there!). I guess it saves a very small amount of writing on the internal flash when installing if less is installing!
Good to know - thanks!
valve90210

Post by valve90210 »

I gave this a try last night, I used the reflash tool to take it back to a clean install, then ran the installler and after a good few minutes it booted into the OS. I'm a bit puzzled though as some of the apps shown on the screenshots on the first post aren't showing and I'm not quite sure why??

I commented out a few bits that I didn't want (opera, hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail, twitter, Dilbert) and they haven't installed which is fine but seemingly it's also not installed uPnP or a fair few of the games...

To be honest the thing I'm most interested in having installed is the uPnP, I know the functionality is in there via Tools>Connect & Play but I'd like it on the desktop really as it's one of the things which I intend to use most...

I've also noticed that the Iplayer app while clearly being better than the live streams I had on it originally when I got it, suffers a lot from stuttering video and buffering which it didn't before. I don't have the best internet in the world but I can normally get a stable iplayer stream on it via my bluray player/humax box and indeed the joggler before I installed this...

I only had a very quick test but the connect and play also seemed to suffer the same when streaming video from my media pc which I don't think it did previously... Any thoughts?
leepea

Post by leepea »

valve90210 wrote:I'm a bit puzzled though as some of the apps shown on the screenshots on the first post aren't showing and I'm not quite sure why??
The screenshots show a Joggler on the updated Openpeak firmware which has been upgraded with PnPIII. You mentioned before you're on the original O2 firmware, which has hardly any of the Openpeak apps.

EDIT: If you just want the uPnP icon on the desktop, you can edit the applications.xml to do this. It's what I've done, as I'm on the original O2 image.
valve90210

Post by valve90210 »

I see, I figured the pnpIII install would install all that stuff, didn't realise it didn't, is there anyway to get it to install the Openpeak apps?

How exactly do I go about getting the uPnP icon on the desktop by editing the applications.xml, I'm a total newbie to this so a step by step or pointers to sauch would be hugely appreciated!
leepea

Post by leepea »

PM sent.
Ben

Post by Ben »

I've got PNP 3.038 on my OP'd Joggler. Remind me, please - is it possible to delete / suppress from GUI the multitude of silly games installed with the OP flash? I mean the stuff like Snake, Ball Lines, Mouse Trap, Dress Up etc. The're not listed in applications.xml so I'm at a loss how to tackle them.

thanks,
Ben
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Ben wrote:I've got PNP 3.038 on my OP'd Joggler. Remind me, please - is it possible to delete / suppress from GUI the multitude of silly games installed with the OP flash? I mean the stuff like Snake, Ball Lines, Mouse Trap, Dress Up etc. The're not listed in applications.xml so I'm at a loss how to tackle them.

thanks,
Ben

They're in /openpeak/gui/applications.xml on the OP'd Joggler.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thank you :-)
offbeatdave

Updated Icons

Post by offbeatdave »

Updated 6th May 2013

To update to the neatest versions, telnet in and type:

Code: Select all

wget http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77534245/Updates%20and%20Fixes/updateicons.sh
sh ./updateicons.sh
rm -r updateicons.sh
The current icons will download and the Joggler desktop will refresh. You'll hardly notice any difference, but I'm more satisfied with them! The borders aren't so prominent when displayed on the Joggler screen. I'll get them in the PnP download eventually.

Icons tidied up so far:
(23rd June 2012)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(30th June 2012)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

(1st July 2012)
ImageImageImage

(4th August 2012)

(6th May 2013)
Last edited by offbeatdave on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I just flashed my Joggler with the new Openpeak software and everything seems to be working fine. However, I'm running into a problem with PNP III. I have copied the PNP files to the root of a USB stick and rebooted with the stick already inserted. I can telnet in OK but when I type cd /mnt/files I get an error message "can't cd to /mnt/files". I've tried 2 different USB sticks and formatted them with FAT and FAT32 but still with no success. If I put the USB stick in my PC I can see the files folder in the correct place on the root of the stick. Any ideas?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

valve90210 wrote:I'm a bit puzzled though as some of the apps shown on the screenshots on the first post aren't showing and I'm not quite sure why??
I've now added a little caption to the first post noting that the screenshots are from the OpenPeak version.

The only apps that should be missing from the o2 software when PnP-ed are some of the games and a shortcut for uPnP. Everything else should install regardless of OS version.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

dwl99 wrote:I just flashed my Joggler with the new Openpeak software and everything seems to be working fine. However, I'm running into a problem with PNP III. I have copied the PNP files to the root of a USB stick and rebooted with the stick already inserted. I can telnet in OK but when I type cd /mnt/files I get an error message "can't cd to /mnt/files". I've tried 2 different USB sticks and formatted them with FAT and FAT32 but still with no success. If I put the USB stick in my PC I can see the files folder in the correct place on the root of the stick. Any ideas?
I got the same message when it didn't like my usb. Same for someone else on here who tried loads of sticks before it would work. :)