PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave »

Max wrote:
Max wrote:
mb1 wrote:Something's definitely not quite right with network connections and PnP III. I had - for the first time ever - to put in my network settings manually for it to all work.

Now Google Calendar is whinging that there's no internet connection (when there is). Also, the Accuweather worked once when I added my local town, but now keeps saying "Error downloading data. Please check your network connection."

But I do like the new stuff you've added, especially the screensavers!

I don't think this is a PNPIII problem. Google Calendar fails on both my Jogglers with the same error. One has PNPIII and the other still has the old GForums PNP from a year or so ago. Calendar was definitely working early in the weekend. I wonder if someone at O2 or Google has done something...

Very annoying.
Following up on my own post.

I did a strings dump of /openpeak/gui/apps/op_google_calendar/main.swf and the url it looks like it using is:

https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin

Which in a browser responds with:

Error=BadAuthentication

Which is nice. A quick search on google gives me:

https://developers.google.com/accounts/ ... talledApps

Which says it's being retired. Not looking good.
No GCal problems here on the early version from original app store or version on update from OpenPeak.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
carled

Post by carled »

Progress!

I *think* my problem was related to a startup script/setting on the reflash of the original o/s. When I started from complete scratch again last night, I tried using the pnp3 stick before first boot and it didn't work again. I left the stick in, went through the "name, mobile, email address" thing and rebooted and *this time* it worked. On my previous effort, I think I may have pulled the power just as I saved the mobile/email stuff and maybe that left something set that prevented pnp3 from doing its stuff?

Anyhow, pnp3 now on, back to reconfiguration. Many thanks!
papaiannis

Post by papaiannis »

Is there a way to change the order in which icons appear on a PnP III Joggler?
In particular I'd like to move the icon for turning the screen off on the first page.
Thanks.
gegs

Post by gegs »

Hold your finger over an icon and a dialogue box will appear. Tap "move" and you can edit the button order as you please.
Jarv_77

Post by Jarv_77 »

Positivity wrote:Hi,
Just wanted to say a big thanks to offbeatdave for the great work that has gone into this. Having got telnet access back on my updated joggler I was able to run the PNPIII script and get a working machine back. My main need is a Squeezebox server and LMS works brilliantly - it fully indexed around 10,000 tracks in just over an hour, the previous PnP version took around 12 hours to do the same!
?

Hi, a quick qustion, glad to hear LMS works for you and indexes quickly but does it remember all your files and find them easily if you shut down your joggler and reboot it?

Cheers
pukington

Post by pukington »

papaiannis wrote:I need to mount a remote share on my Joggler running the native OS + PnP III.
Unfortunately I am not able to mount neither NFS shares nor samba/cifs shares.
I tried to install the nfs-common package but, with surprise, I found that apt-get and dpkg are not available.

How can I mount a NFS (or samba) share on my Joggler?

I'm looking at doing something rather similar, i want to mount my photo's folder from my pc thats on as a squeezebox server for a slideshow. Did you suceed?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Just a quick update on a few things:

*I'll change the busybox file to allow samba sharing to work properly for those who do that.
*I'll remove the Sky News app as it now appears to have been discontinued. A slightly untidy version of the feed is available through the news app.
*Why not give the RadioFeeds plugin a whirl from http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=590
rapepper

Post by rapepper »

pukington wrote:Offbeatdave, great work on this update, am loving the new version!!

I had this problem, where you try and join the wireless network (didn't try wired) and having found the ssid and entered the password you can't connect to the network. I'll post my details of a fix, i know others have but they seem a little lost in the thread. Its a DHCP issue.

Go into Settings - Network

Click the Edit button followed by Advanced.

Enter your Network Type (wireless), Network Name (select your network) your Network Key (network password), turn off DHCP, add a good unused ip address (good example 192.168.0.120), add the gateway address of your router (usually 192.168.0.1), subnet (usually 255.255.255.0), I also added Primary and Secondary DNS. You can google your isp to find DNS details, or find them via a pc connected to the network in the (this case Windows 7) Control panel - network and sharing center - Local Area Connection Status (in my case this is a wired pc) and click the Details button).

I also suffered the date and time issue of it not autoupdating, I solved this by changing the primary NTP server to chronos.csr.net .
Great work on this everyone- made my Joggler usefull after the "update".

Firstly I think the post above should be added to the first page - frustrating trying to get my wireless working until I found it.

Second - Can anyone point me to a good guide for LMS/Squeeze play? I see that LMS has a uPnP plugin that's enabled but I can't work out how to configure it so that the player can stream from my NAS (which doesn't have the logitech server on it.)

Thanks
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Firstly I think the post above should be added to the first page - frustrating trying to get my wireless working until I found it.
Possibly, although there is a clear link to the relevant thread in the first post with these possible workarounds in.
Nicjwin

Post by Nicjwin »

Very useful stuff, I just have not had success. I don't have any icons on the screen just the line at the top with wireless and home highlighted. The joggler connects wirelessly so it remembers the password.
I can't telnet in just get could not open connection to the host on port 23.
Has anyone had the same ,all icons missing.
Thanks
Nick
papaiannis

Post by papaiannis »

pukington wrote:
papaiannis wrote:I need to mount a remote share on my Joggler running the native OS + PnP III.
Unfortunately I am not able to mount neither NFS shares nor samba/cifs shares.
I tried to install the nfs-common package but, with surprise, I found that apt-get and dpkg are not available.

How can I mount a NFS (or samba) share on my Joggler?

I'm looking at doing something rather similar, i want to mount my photo's folder from my pc thats on as a squeezebox server for a slideshow. Did you suceed?
Take a look at this thread:
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 372#p10372

Have fun.
Alekos
Positivity

Post by Positivity »

Jarv_77 wrote: Hi, a quick qustion, glad to hear LMS works for you and indexes quickly but does it remember all your files and find them easily if you shut down your joggler and reboot it?
Cheers
Sorry - haven't rebooted since I got it working. I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.
butch_uk

Post by butch_uk »

I have registered purely to thank offbeatdave and everyone else involved in PnPIII.

When I first bought my Joggler it was very usable with 02 support, but since the 'upgrade' it is just an expensive paperweight.

I have tried xUbuntu, JoliOS and XP on it, they work okay, but I didn't buy the Joggler to be a PC, I bought it to be a GUI based media device, and having USB sticks sticking out is a pain.

Now with PnPIII it's not only back to how it was, but it's a lot better, the web browser is the icing on the cake.

I had the problem of not being able to connect after too, but doing manual DHCP as shown in another post here worked just fine.

So again, a big thank you to everyone involved in the project and giving me my Joggler back.
Positivity

Post by Positivity »

In answer to Jarv_77 - rebooted a few times and all the songs are still there. However I added some files to the library and started a manual rescan - music and video files scanned fine, but it got stuck on the photos (which hadn't changed) and then crashed the squeeze server. Removed images from the library and now it has decided to do a full scan. So I think the general conclusion is that scanning is a bit iffy - when it works it works well, when it doesn't...
pen6uin

Post by pen6uin »

updated to the latest version of this the other day but the clock keeps hanging so decided to go back to the original o2 software and try again but its either me or the original file is no longer hosted by o2

Code: Select all

http://o2.openpeak.co.uk/firmware/app-o2flash-26635.8686-S3-f1-reimage.tgz

i havent downloaded it so can not add it to the usb stick and the flashing tool times out :(

any ideas where i can get the file please
stephen m

Post by stephen m »

Hi guys, nice to see there's new life with the Joggler post the update. Need some help though, trying the Tenet on mine. It sates after entering its IP address 'could not open connection with the host. Any though?
Positivity

Post by Positivity »

stephen m - see the Telnet thread
In answer to my own post about LMS re-scanning - this is my design - if you remove a library source it will do a full rescan. Still took less than an hour, so everything working as it should methinks.
stephen m

Post by stephen m »

Thanks Postitivty, tried this via this tread http://birdslikewires.co.uk/articles/jo ... sh#content. Cant see any files when I unzip though. How many files should there be. Can any one upload them!
butch_uk

Post by butch_uk »

As a non-techie, re the telnet problem, have you checked the obvious and made sure that a firewall or AV isn't blocking port 23?
papaiannis

Post by papaiannis »

The music source for LMS on my joggler (native OS + PnP III) is a samba/cifs share on a NAS.
After having scanned about 5000 tracks (on a total of about 10000), LMS hangs or crashes. Tried this several times with same results.
Any help is appreciated.