New OpenPeak firmware update (30th April 2012)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Re: New OpenPeak firmware update (30th April 2012)

Post by pete »

Great news BuZz!

Very nice comments from O2!

Great international forum!
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
slatermethuen

Post by slatermethuen »

Can anyone who has performed the update confirm that the DLNA client is still available ("connect and play")?
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

slatermethuen wrote:Can anyone who has performed the update confirm that the DLNA client is still available ("connect and play")?

I can't find it :(
Denver'sJoggler

Post by Denver'sJoggler »

I updated my Joggler (great forum btw !!) and can confirm I have lost the two things I used it for - Radio & connect and play. This now means my Joggler, for me at least, is left fairly useless. I am now looking at loadingup Android onto the device, which I successfully did last night however I cannot get the market to work (101 error). I will be having another go today, but in the mean time does anyone know of any useful apps that will give me internet radio and DLNA access to my NAS drive?

Cheers in advance.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

check the apps pack folder on the sd card and you'll find Resco Radio which works OK. Most of the dlna clients in Market work. More info in the Android thread.

For streaming music your best bet is to install Logitech Media Server on the PC hosting your music & use Squeeze Play on the Joggler's native OS. You can also install Tunein Radio as a Squeeze Play app which works well.
Denver'sJoggler

Hiya, thanks for the info. I installed Jazmod01 android last night and I didnt see any apps on the sd? Is there a version you would recommend? Also, I dont stream from my pc, I stream from my Bufallo Linkstation NAS drive which doesnt have any Squeeze player software installed. Am I able to install it? Sorry for all the questions, but this has literally fallen onto me since the update - as I am sure has happened to many other 'Joggling folk'
Tofolo

Post by Tofolo »

Hi Sherlock71

I had this issue - looked connected but got an error when trying to use anything that needed an internet connection - but after a reboot and re entering the wireless details i got back online.
psionguy

Post by psionguy »

I have the stock image, and my joggler did not update on the 30th. Reading the comments I think best left alone as all my favorate apps are still working, SKY, Pure, traffic etc.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Denver'sJoggler wrote:Hiya, thanks for the info. I installed Jazmod01 android last night and I didnt see any apps on the sd? Is there a version you would recommend? Also, I dont stream from my pc, I stream from my Bufallo Linkstation NAS drive which doesnt have any Squeeze player software installed. Am I able to install it? Sorry for all the questions, but this has literally fallen onto me since the update - as I am sure has happened to many other 'Joggling folk'
The Android thread is at http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=318 - it's only 2.2 but is working & stable. I don't think that ICS is stable enough yet for daily use. You're lucky that your NAS is a Buffalo Linkstation as there is modded firmware available for it that includes Squeezebox Server http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/vi ... 68&t=23603
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

So, for those that have updated... what do you think?
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

1 Updated/auto upgraded from PNPII to New (plus a few items like Squeezebox still there)
1 not autoupgraded

So far.. observations:
1) The calendar doesnt work!
2) Interface seems slightly quicker
3) TOO MANY GAMES
4) News function is US based - BOO!
5) Weather App seems to work - and allows UK as well as worldwide locations - like this one

Not played much -
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Mine insists it's not connected to the internet, despite being connected to the internet. This means the calendar just says 'Please check the network connection'. It also just updated (yes, the updated version just updated, but with no apparent changes). It downloaded a file called '6_O2_Final_Transition.tgz', but I couldn't copy it in time to see what it contained.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

roobarb! wrote:So, for those that have updated... what do you think?
As it stands at the moment it seems pretty useless to be honest. I know I'm maybe not comparing the original O2 version with this one but even so, you wouldn't buy one on the strength of this default setup.

It'll be OK once I can get into it via WinSCP and play around. Anyone sussed this yet as I'm too busy fixing issues with a 1.8TDCi engine this week to do it myself! :(
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

offbeatdave wrote: It'll be OK once I can get into it via WinSCP and play around. Anyone sussed this yet as I'm too busy fixing issues with a 1.8TDCi engine this week to do it myself! :(
Ah-ha! Addressed at http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =542#p9156. Ta.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Sherlock71

Post by Sherlock71 »

Tofolo wrote:Hi Sherlock71

I had this issue - looked connected but got an error when trying to use anything that needed an internet connection - but after a reboot and re entering the wireless details i got back online.
Hi Tofolo,

Didn't work for me...have tried re-flashing it a couple of times to no avail.

Reverting back to the stock O2 image using the recovery tool elsewhere in this forum...the unit works fine.

Has me baffled :?
Denver'sJoggler

dwl99 wrote:
Denver'sJoggler wrote:Hiya, thanks for the info. I installed Jazmod01 android last night and I didnt see any apps on the sd? Is there a version you would recommend? Also, I dont stream from my pc, I stream from my Bufallo Linkstation NAS drive which doesnt have any Squeeze player software installed. Am I able to install it? Sorry for all the questions, but this has literally fallen onto me since the update - as I am sure has happened to many other 'Joggling folk'
The Android thread is at http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=318 - it's only 2.2 but is working & stable. I don't think that ICS is stable enough yet for daily use. You're lucky that your NAS is a Buffalo Linkstation as there is modded firmware available for it that includes Squeezebox Server http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/vi ... 68&t=23603
Hiya again

Thanks so much for the information, I now have Android 2.2 up and running complete with Resco radio and Bubble Upnp for streaming from my NAS drive. It all works perfectly !! It booted so fast too !!

Thank you to all the contributors on this forum, without this, the Joggler, I am sure would be dead and buried by now.
Sherlock71

Post by Sherlock71 »

roobarb! wrote:Mine insists it's not connected to the internet, despite being connected to the internet. This means the calendar just says 'Please check the network connection'. It also just updated (yes, the updated version just updated, but with no apparent changes). It downloaded a file called '6_O2_Final_Transition.tgz', but I couldn't copy it in time to see what it contained.
You're right...it is connecting to the net. Have been able to telnet in :)

I think it was the 6_O2_Final_Transition.tgz file that the update downloaded as it was working until it rebooted after downloading that file. Hasn't downloaded that file again after I reverted back to the final O2 image...and then reflashed the new OpenPeak image (just to make sure I hadn't done something wrong)

Does feel a lot better than the O2 branded image...and is a lot faster. Just hope the bugs can be worked out to get it up and running fully again.
fraserm

Post by fraserm »

Hey all,

Does the native UI have to be running in order for the update to happen? I run the native OS, but dont start the UI component - I just auto-launch SqueezePlay.

Is there anything about this update that would make me want to do the upgrade? (ie. something non UI related).

cheers
Fraser
stiggle

Post by stiggle »

I couldn't sleep so have had a play with one of my two as they don't seem to have updated.

Flashed the usb & it now downloads 8_O2_Final_Transition.tgz and it appears the internet is working, Google Calendar & YouTube both connect.
So looks like they fixed whatever problem was in 6_02_Final.

I'll stick a copy of 8_O2 online once I get it off the Joggler.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

stiggle wrote:Flashed the usb & it now downloads 8_O2_Final_Transition.tgz and it appears the internet is working, Google Calendar & YouTube both connect. So looks like they fixed whatever problem was in 6_02_Final.
You couldn't do a

Code: Select all

cat /etc/.usb-key
could you? If you get something back, I'm happy. If you get a 'not found'... ah, well. :)