SqueezePlay OS for Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ilovemyjoggler

Airplay

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Roobarb!, a bit more feedback on airplay from me. This had worked perfectly, always present with no drop outs. A few months ago my sqpos image died and I created a new one from my backup - identical in every respect except a different usb. Airplay has been unreliable since then. Often it's not there at all but this disappearing act can also happen straight after it's only just finished streaming something. I can get it back pretty much straight away by enabling it again on the joggler.

I'm still using the same os on my iphone (5.whatever it is) - haven't updated to 6 as I'm not keen on the newer youtube app!

Gegs's might be right and that it's a usb rather than airplay issue so when I have time, I'll try reimaging that first usb to see what happens.
danb79

Re: SqueezePlay OS for Joggler

Post by danb79 »

castalla wrote:Is there a recommended way to switch off the Joggler?

Can I use 'halt -p' via ssh to shut it down?

Or do I just pull the plug ....?
on mine i go to the quit option on the home screen and choose shutdown then pull the plug when the screen goes off?
castalla

Post by castalla »

Thanks.
kiltulla

Post by kiltulla »

Hi,
I already have an SB Touch with attached HD running music collection linked to sound system, which work well. As the sound is wired into kitchen I would like to have an additional controller in the kitchen and the Joggler running SP OS looks a possibility

However I was wondering if it is possible to configure the SqueezePlay OS on Joggler to act as a controller only? For example, in the same way as the SqueezeBox app fro android controls my current system.

Many thanks
castalla

Post by castalla »

Go to Settings - Choose Player - select Touch
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

castalla wrote:Go to Settings - Choose Player - select Touch
This, or as I have been doing sync both players but have the volume on the joggler turned right down. I do it like this so I can use the VU meter display on the Joggler, you can't do that when controlling a different player and it just looks cool :-)
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

I do exactly the same as Jimbob, but without the VU meter
marctwo

Post by marctwo »

I'm thinking of getting a Spotify subscription. However, all my music is played on Squeezeplay / Joggler so I want to be sure this is a workable solution before I subscribe. Now Squeezebox is discontinued is there still a reliable way to use Spotify in SqueezeOS?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

marctwo wrote:I'm thinking of getting a Spotify subscription. However, all my music is played on Squeezeplay / Joggler so I want to be sure this is a workable solution before I subscribe. Now Squeezebox is discontinued is there still a reliable way to use Spotify in SqueezeOS?
You need to make sure you're running Logitech Media Server somewhere and install Triode's Spotify plugin (it's listed on the LMS plugins page under 'third party plugins'. You'll also need a Spotify Premium account (the more expensive subscription) for it to work.

But apart from that, you'll be good to go. I used to use Spotify regularly, but I've gone back to buying stuff recently.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
marctwo

Post by marctwo »

Thanks for the advice. I have LMS on my NAS, I just wanted to make sure Spotify was still supported under Squeezeplay before handing over any cash.
gegs

Post by gegs »

I can also confirm that Triode's Spotify addon works brilliantly on Joggler's Squeezeplay. It forms the bulk of my family's musical entertainment.

The official Squeezebox.com Spotify addon doesn't work.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Is the youtube app dead for anyone else?
gegs

Post by gegs »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:Is the youtube app dead for anyone else?
I take it (because of the thread it appears in) that you mean the Youtube LMS addon rather than the PnPIII Youtube app. The Youtube addon in Squeezeplay was working for me the last time I tried - a week or two ago - but it was taking about a minute or so to play the stream after I'd selected it. This effectively made it unusable.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Yes, I do mean the LMS youtube plugin. I get 'cannot connect to the server'. I use airplay to stream to that joggler so it's not a biggie - but it's a shame as it's quite a useful little app. I'd feel more reassured if it's not just me though!
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

LMS Youtube plugin working fine for me - just tested it.
Retrieving songs quickly too.

Looks as though there were issues for some in May though as the slimdevices thread has recent activity - see #259 onwards http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... gin/page26

Maybe uninstall/reinstall could fix it - see our posts from January on this thread to refresh the memory on how to do it!
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Thanks Fishy. Yeah, I checked that forum and my heart sank as no one else is reporting a problem - so it's just me. Nuts!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, just to be sure. The current version of this plugin is 0.16 and it seems that it now includes the fix that we did manually. But just to be sure, I tried that too. No joy. I'll look on the forum again in case I've missed something... :roll:
gegs

Post by gegs »

Perhaps the reason there's nothing about it in the forums is because this appears to be a Joggler-specific issue. I've tried the Youtube addon in LMS running on the Joggler and it can't connect to the server and doesn't work. I changed the library so that the Joggler accessed LMS running on the Raspberry Pi and the Youtube addon worked, without the horrendously long delays I was getting previously.

Obviousy it's not Squeezeplay that's the problem but LMS on the Joggler.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Only following this loosely as I don't really use the plugin...

...but...

...on one of my PnP III Jogglers I've just selected the YouTube plugin in Squeezeplay, done a channel search for the Stereophonics, selected the official channel, clicked a track and it played fine.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Thinking aloud here but I wonder if it could have anything to do with the version of LMS that it's running on?
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Curious. The youtube app is working. But will only play tracks that I search for - it won't play anything from my favourites or those listed in the most popular (my joggler has good taste ;) )

gegs, I don't seem to have the speed issue you mentioned.

Thanks guys!