SqueezePlay OS for Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
castalla

Re: SqueezePlay OS for Joggler

Post by castalla »

I think I understand what you mean!

What's the card parameters for the internal sound?
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

I've not actually got around to trying squeezelite yet myself.

There is a switch to list the available interfaces, think it's -l from memory.
castalla

Post by castalla »

On another front: success!

I got cifs working to mount my external music library. Yay!

Also, installed the latest LMS 7.8 using dpkg ... working!

Squeezelite is next on list to crack!
Arie

Re:

Post by Arie »

JimbobVFR400 wrote:Arie

The image doesn't actually use the whole stick, that way it also fits on smaller sticks than yours. You can resize the main partition and that should solve your problem. I have a bootable GParted CD that I use for doing this, if you have Linux on the your PC you can use GParted on there.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
Thanks JimbobVFR400 - I'll try to resise it then! It the entire squeezeplay OS on this 1GB partition (and sharing the server's buffer files) or are there separate ones?
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

It's been a while since I did mine but from memory it's just the main large partition you want to expand to fill the unused space. There is a smaller boot partition you want to leave alone.
Arie

Post by Arie »

JimbobVFR400 - thanks for your suggestions! GParted indeed solved it for me and my system runs buttersmooth now
castalla

Post by castalla »

Just reporting that it's possible to update LMS to the latest nightly versions:

You need to wget the latest version, then dpkg -i [downloadedfile]

The unpacking takes a considerable amount of time - seems as if the system has frozen - just be patient!
castalla

mysb.com & lms - BBC stream issues

Post by castalla »

I have a bunch of favourites set up on msb.com - if I switch my Touch to msb and select a BBC favourite (originally derived from Tunein) - it plays as AAC.

If I switch the Joggler to msb.com and select the same favourite - it fails to play

In fact, using the Internet Radio Search for BBC Radio 4 while connected to msb.com on the Joggler reports 'no compatible streams'

All very confusing.
DannyKudos

Post by DannyKudos »

Very much enjoying Squeezeplay OS on the Joggler, especially having the Airplay option. Would be great if the unit could also mimic a Chromecast dongle.. ;-)
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

I hadn't used my jogglers for a while, but dug them out recenlty and installed SqueezePlay OS - absolutely fantastic work! Got each working with an external dac - am really enjoying them again. Many, many thanks for the work.

I have one problem - I've searched and although it's mentioned lots of times, I couldn't find a solution. The BBC radio live streams won't play on either of my jogglers. With the 'BBC Radio' app, I don't get any sound even though it looks as though it's playing and and with 'BBC iPlayer' app, it displays 'Problem, Can't open file for: BBC...' Same problem if I go through 'Internet Radio' option. Other radio stations work fine on both jogglers and the BBC live streams work fine on my SB Touch and SB Radio.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Last edited by FyodorNinian on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Go to plugins - select the settings for iPlayer - what does Live stream preferences say?

Also is Transcoding checked?
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

castalla wrote:Go to plugins - select the settings for iPlayer - what does Live stream preferences say?

Also is Transcoding checked?
Thanks for the reply. If I go to the settings page for LMS > Plugins tab > Triode's BBC iPlayer settings:
Live Stream Preference = AAC> FlashAAC > FlashMP3 > WMA
Allow Transcoding = ticked
castalla

Post by castalla »

Where is the LMS running - on the Joggler or on another device?

Are you in the UK?
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

castalla wrote:Where is the LMS running - on the Joggler or on another device?

Are you in the UK?
LMS is running on a ZyXel NAS. Yes, I'm in the UK
castalla

Post by castalla »

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas.

Have a look in the server log file - when you try to play a BBC stream - maybe there's some info there on what's happening.
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

I think the joggler can't play the streams unless LMS trans codes.if lms is join the joggler then you can enable some plugins that use MPlayer to transcode, I don't know if your NAS will have the grunt to do it.
castalla

Post by castalla »

That's what I was thinking, too! But I know nothing about the Zyxel device.

Might be worth considering running LMS on the Joggler.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

FyodorNinian wrote:The BBC radio live streams won't play on either of my jogglers. With the 'BBC Radio' app, I don't get any sound even though it looks as though it's playing and and with 'BBC iPlayer' app, it displays 'Problem, Can't open file for: BBC...' Same problem if I go through 'Internet Radio' option.
castalla wrote:Might be worth considering running LMS on the Joggler.
This is not going to be very helpful but just to say that the BBC radio app (triode plugin) has hardly ever worked on my joggler (LMS is installed on my joggler). But the BBC iplayer app under internet radio works fine. Just out of curiosity, have you checked that that LMS is still showing as registered to you and hasn't reverted to someone else (as happens with my joggler every few months and then scuppers everything).
castalla

Post by castalla »

I haven't any issues running LMS and getting iPlayer streams ... I installed from the terminal with dpkg - didn't use the built in install.
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:
FyodorNinian wrote:The BBC radio live streams won't play on either of my jogglers. With the 'BBC Radio' app, I don't get any sound even though it looks as though it's playing and and with 'BBC iPlayer' app, it displays 'Problem, Can't open file for: BBC...' Same problem if I go through 'Internet Radio' option.
castalla wrote:Might be worth considering running LMS on the Joggler.
This is not going to be very helpful but just to say that the BBC radio app (triode plugin) has hardly ever worked on my joggler (LMS is installed on my joggler). But the BBC iplayer app under internet radio works fine. Just out of curiosity, have you checked that that LMS is still showing as registered to you and hasn't reverted to someone else (as happens with my joggler every few months and then scuppers everything).
In the LMS settings web page, in the mysqueezebox.com tab, it has my details in the emaiil add and password fields if that's what you mean?