SqueezePlay OS for Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
gegs

Re: SqueezePlay OS for Joggler

Post by gegs »

BBC streams now working for me on PnPIII SqueezePlay but only after a reboot. I haven't tried SqpOS yet because my family are watching a film in the lounge, where my SqpOS Joggler resides.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Everything back up and running for me too now after restart of LMS on SqPOS Joggler.
(Youtube plugin & BBC iPlayer had both been down)

I never lost the BBC stations via Pure radio on PnPIII, only on Squeezeplay.

pete_c - USB sound works fine from PnPIII; just set it via swf launcher.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Have you seen the CD player plugin for LMS?
It enables you play a CD on your laptop/computer out via your SqueezePlay network - could be useful for quickly playing something you haven't yet ripped or don't want to.
The plugin has a settings page where you point LMS at the relevant CD drive.
Problem is I'm not yet sufficiently Linux-savvy to know how to do it.
Presume it involves commands to mount drives, etc similar to when telling LMS where the NAS drive with your music is.
Has anyone got it working? please give me a steer on commands to putty in etc.

Thanks in advance!
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Fishy wrote:Have you seen the CD player plugin for LMS?
It enables you play a CD on your laptop/computer out via your SqueezePlay network - could be useful for quickly playing something you haven't yet ripped or don't want to.
The plugin has a settings page where you point LMS at the relevant CD drive.
Problem is I'm not yet sufficiently Linux-savvy to know how to do it.
Presume it involves commands to mount drives, etc similar to when telling LMS where the NAS drive with your music is.
Has anyone got it working? please give me a steer on commands to putty in etc.

Thanks in advance!
This plugin is for playing a CD in the drive on the machine your LMS runs on. I presume being as you are posting on here you run LMS on the Joggler? In which case the plug in is irrelevant.

If you run LMS on a PC then details on using it are here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... yer-plugin
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

JimbobVFR400 wrote:This plugin is for playing a CD in the drive on the machine your LMS runs on. I presume being as you are posting on here you run LMS on the Joggler? In which case the plug in is irrelevant.

If you run LMS on a PC then details on using it are here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... yer-plugin
Correct; have got it working successfully with my LMS laptop setup but not with Joggler-based SqPOS LMS.
Given that the settings page for the plugin defaults to a linux address I presumed it would be similar to pointing it at an external drive like for the music library.
florca

How to start a task after Squeezeplay is running?

Post by florca »

A quick, maybe dumb, question...

Just converted to SqpOS after several years running on a very old "native + Squeezeplay" build.

How is Squeezeplay actually started in SqpOS? I can't see an /etc/init.d script for it or an upstart job?

I'm trying to start a squeezelite instance on bootup, but creating an /etc/init.d script or placing the command in /etc/rc.local seems to hang the Squeezeplay startup (or alternatively it's starting before ALSA is available - not sure which yet..).

Starting squeezelite manually after bootup via SSH works fine and the whole setup works perfectly (see my other post here)

What's the best way to start a task after ALSA & Squeezeplay are fully up and running?

Brgds

Phil
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

florca wrote:How is Squeezeplay actually started in SqpOS? I can't see an /etc/init.d script for it or an upstart job?
It runs as the 'joggler' user, so it fires up from ~/.xinitrc. Sneaky, eh? ;)

Just pop squeezelite after SqueezePlay in there and it should be okay. I've not tried, btw, just guessing!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
florca

Post by florca »

roobarb! wrote:It runs as the 'joggler' user, so it fires up from ~/.xinitrc. Sneaky, eh? ;)
Just pop squeezelite after SqueezePlay in there and it should be okay.
Ha! would never have guessed at that....

All working perfectly now from boot - thanks for the tip and for developing SqpOS, which fits my needs perfectly!

Adding squeezlite to the mix means that m4a / mp4 files or iPlayer AAC/ADTS streams are processed locally without transcoding on LMS, supports all native bitrates on USB DACs (or my TP30) without resampling and seems to be rock solid - about as close as you can get to a real Squeezebox Touch on the Joggler?

Brgds

Phil
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

@roobarb - would this be a good thing to add to the Squeezeplay OS disk image?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

dwl99 wrote:@roobarb - would this be a good thing to add to the Squeezeplay OS disk image?
I'll have a play. The one thing I don't want to do is pile in too many extras that are a bit niche, especially if they're reasonably easy to add by hand. I can see that one Joggler appearing as two devices on a remote could be a tad confusing for new users. It could make it in as a option on the 'Additional Features'.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

Hello:
I always think squeezebox is the best software for joggler,
the problem is I can't connect joggler with wifi, the router was set into wpa ,but the joggler kept telling me
"no network address has been assigned to the wireless interface"
I tried both tkip and AES , all failed
at last I abort, reflash the OpenPeak Firmware v30300+squeeze play
but there is still problem when connecting to mysqueezebox.com
I can access that website from pc, but always met problem on joggler
Last edited by cszhy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

I can get ipaddress when connected with cable,
it says"we couldn't connect to mysqueezebox.com,if this problem persists,please check logitech media server to make sure it is running properly, and that you have a reliable network connectiion"

in the OpenPeak Firmware v30300+squeeze play
It also told me "problem connecting" either by wifi or wired.
I tried to ping mysqueezebox.com , it seems ok

PING mysqueezebox.com (79.125.18.91): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=0 ttl=69 time=407.291 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=1 ttl=69 time=407.703 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=2 ttl=69 time=408.477 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=3 ttl=69 time=409.885 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=4 ttl=69 time=412.924 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=5 ttl=69 time=407.557 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=6 ttl=69 time=407.865 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=7 ttl=69 time=407.369 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=8 ttl=69 time=408.640 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=9 ttl=69 time=411.678 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=10 ttl=69 time=408.700 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=11 ttl=69 time=406.872 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=12 ttl=69 time=407.782 ms
64 bytes from 79.125.18.91: seq=13 ttl=69 time=407.299 ms

why there is problem when connecting by squeezebox, what else can I do? please help
Last edited by cszhy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Fishy wrote:Everything back up and running for me too now after restart of LMS on SqPOS Joggler.
(Youtube plugin & BBC iPlayer had both been down)
Has anyone else noticed that the Youtube plugin seems to be down again?
- or is it just me??
gegs

Post by gegs »

I've installed sqpOS on a different stick because my last one was decidedly ropey. The difference is incredible but I've lost Airplay, unfortunately. When I installed it before, the Joggler didn't appear as an Airplay receiver straight away but was available after being left overnight. It's now been two days since I enabled Airplay and it's still not available as a receiver.

Is anybody else having problems with Airplay? Do you have any solutions?
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Fishy wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the Youtube plugin seems to be down again?
- or is it just me??
Mine too.
gegs wrote:...I've lost Airplay, unfortunately. When I installed it before, the Joggler didn't appear as an Airplay receiver straight away but was available after being left overnight. It's now been two days since I enabled Airplay and it's still not available as a receiver.

Is anybody else having problems with Airplay? Do you have any solutions?
Erm, not sure you'll want to hear this as it's not helpful at all. I've installed this os twice recently. Airplay has appeared almost immediately each time. :? sorry. I didn't do anything other than install and then enable it...

I could be talking total rubbish here but is there a chance this may have more to do with the apple os rather than the sqpos? None of our apple gadgets have been upgraded to ios6 (we're on 5.1 or lower) and all can pick it up no problem. Long shot?
gegs

Post by gegs »

I'm on OS 5 on the iPad (jailbroken so I can use XBMC on it) and my kids are on OS6 on their iPods. Both worked fine with the other USB stick, eventually.

I'll let everyone know there's any change.
gegs

Post by gegs »

Well whaddaya know? When I got home yesterday evening the Joggler was available as an Airplay receiver.

It only took two and a half days but was well worth the wait.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

That's Christmas for you - everything takes longer at this time of the year!!
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Fishy, is your youtube plugin working yet? I've still got nada although it did play a bit of a track when prompted from within LMS. But that was it. I thought I might remove and reinstall it but I couldn't see a way to delete it from my apps (although tbh I don't think it will help).
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:Fishy, is your youtube plugin working yet? I've still got nada although it did play a bit of a track when prompted from within LMS. But that was it. I thought I might remove and reinstall it but I couldn't see a way to delete it from my apps (although tbh I don't think it will help).
No, sadly Youtube is still down for me with the "no streams found" error message.
It's a real shame because we had really got used to using it....
Tried uninstalling & re-installing but no cure.
Lots of chat on the slimdevices forum too - see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... gin/page21
See message #209 ; could be the solution but haven't been brave enough to try it.
Anyone out there with more knowledge than me willing to take up the challenge??? !!