Finally cracked it!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: Finally cracked it!

Post by roobarb! »

Got a couple of hours to mess with Debian Bullseye this evening. Up-to-date builds should now begin appearing here and they are working pretty well. Kernel 5.10.117 is the first to be auto-built for Debian Bullseye and Ubuntu Bionic builds will continue for the foreseeable future, though I'll not be focusing any further effort on it as the 32-bit roadmap for Debian... well, it exists. :lol:

I'll check in on the build tomorrow, so the first one out is completely untested.

The of-install scripts have not yet been updated and SqueezePlay has not yet been touched, so please report any problems and I'll see if I can get around to sorting them. Pull requests would be much appreciated if you fix anything!

Hmm, the build may have already broken. Ah, well. One for tomorrow!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
ARJunior

Post by ARJunior »

Hi Roobarb,

Did you find some time to take a look at of-install scripts ?
Can't install squeezeplay on last Debian Bulleye build :(

Thank you for your work !
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

roobarb! wrote:Got a couple of hours to mess with Debian Bullseye this evening. Up-to-date builds should now begin appearing here and they are working pretty well. Kernel 5.10.117 is the first to be auto-built for Debian Bullseye and Ubuntu Bionic builds will continue for the foreseeable future, though I'll not be focusing any further effort on it as the 32-bit roadmap for Debian... well, it exists. Image

I'll check in on the build tomorrow, so the first one out is completely untested.

The of-install scripts have not yet been updated and SqueezePlay has not yet been touched, so please report any problems and I'll see if I can get around to sorting them. Pull requests would be much appreciated if you fix anything!

Hmm, the build may have already broken. Ah, well. One for tomorrow!
Hi roobarb. is it possible to install both LMS and squeezeplay by command line in this Debian later when its finished? I mean is there enough space for that?really looking forward for it!

通过我的 PCCM00 上的 Tapatalk发言

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

cszhy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:13 amHmm, the build may have already broken. Ah, well. One for tomorrow!
Hi roobarb. is it possible to install both LMS and squeezeplay by command line in this Debian later when its finished? I mean is there enough space for that?really looking forward for it![/quote]

Ooh, if you're using a USB device then yes, it's easily done. If you mean on internal memory... probably not - not with any meaningful space for the database or logs anyway.

You could certainly add a big external drive and install SqueezePlay, LMS and an FTP server then push your content to it that way. Means you don't have to unplug the drive to add music. The of-install script is still broken though, there are instructions on how to make things work here on the forum and I believe it's a really minor change - I've just had no chance to get my test system running again and I'm not touching my working Jogglers for testing! :)

Good luck with it - just be aware that the bigger your library, the more LMS will struggle on the Intel Atom CPU. But I have been told that it does work.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)