White screen on boot

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

White screen on boot

Post by hawsey »

I've been donated a Joggler that boots to white screen , no O2 logo or openpeak .Won't boot from usb stick .

I had a betting shop Joggler with no stand and poor screen but booting ok so I tried the efi chip and the white screen Joggler efi chip is fine .
I've swapped things around so I've now got a good Joggler and screen with stand so I'm happy .

So I have now got the old betting shop one with no stand booting to white screen .

Any ideas on a rescue for this now spares Joggler ? .

Cheers

Gary

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Re: White screen on boot

Post by roobarb! »

hawsey wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:03 pmSo I have now got the old betting shop one with no stand booting to white screen .
So the fault followed the EFI chip?

If that's the case you can hot-swap the EFI and use dd to write a fresh copy of the firmware to it. There's a bunch of them here.

If you get the working one going with the EFI socket accessible running one of my images, you can do something like:

Code: Select all

sudo modprobe fh
sudo dd if=efi.rom of=/dev/fh bs=1M
That's from memory at 1am, so please double check the commands elsewhere on here!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Sorry , it's probably the way I worded it but swapping the efi chip made no odds to the motherboard and also the efi from the bad board boots ok .
It's just pure white screen no boot logo .

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Check the connection from the LCD screen to the motherboard and from the motherboard to the LCD screen. Sometimes mine have moved and this has caused issues with the LCD.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater