Joli - broadband usage?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Jarv_77

Joli - broadband usage?

Post by Jarv_77 »

I'm using Joli to run squeezeserver, I know Joli is cloud based but if I'm only using it for that purpose how much internet activity should I expect?
I have a 2gb limit and overran it last month for 1st time.

Cheers
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Joli - broadband usage?

Post by BuZz »

well not much but it's a bit of a tough question to answer. depends how much you use the browser, any cloud storage like dropbox and so on. the interface is html5 but it wont use a lot of bandwidth as it will be cached etc.

2gb is a well stingy limit though, so if you are going over, I would pay a efw quid more a month and be done with it rather than having to worry.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:2gb is a well stingy limit though
Downloading the Joli OS image probably got you half way there! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Jarv_77

Post by Jarv_77 »

Its a Sky package. Don't remember it being so low when we signed up. Wonder if they have changed the t+c's on us?

Anyway, glad its not Joli soaking up Gb in the background.

Thanks.
Jarv_77

Post by Jarv_77 »

Er, probably very stupid question.... Does Joli and or Squeezeplay need an internet connection to work? That is, if I turn off the wifi should squeezeplay and mediaserver still function when running off the one joggler (mp3s on local harddrive not streaming).
Mine isn't, wonder if squeezeplay or mediaserver or joli wants to be able to login online.
Thanks...
Mevi

Post by Mevi »

If you have SKy's TV, phone and broadband, they offer unlimited broadband for a fair price. It's proper unlimited too without the 'fair use' caps that some providers have. Also their contention ratio is only 20:1, which is pretty good for domestic broadband.
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP