Free Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Free Joggler

Post by hawsey »

Big shout out to member Chrisps for the lovely Joggler that has arrived today .
It will be going on to do some Amateur Radio duties if I can get Linux going on it .
Also very weirdly it has arrived with my birthday on it .
The original stock OS was also a surprise ; it's a long time since I've seen one of those screens .
CheersImageImage

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Re: Free Joggler

Post by roobarb! »

Excellent! Let us know how you get along!

The one in my kitchen is crying out for some work, but the rest are all skipping along very happily. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

roobarb! wrote:Excellent! Let us know how you get along!

The one in my kitchen is crying out for some work, but the rest are all skipping along very happily. :)
Will do Image I'm still not quite sure what I'll do yet .Struggling to get the latest Linux build up and running although I'm fine with BuZz's xubuntu as it's pre built .
I shall try again Image.

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Here recently took the oldest O2 Joggler with a failing eMMC and purchased a small footprint USB stick for it and wrote newest Ubuntu image to the USB stick.

Lately using balenaEtcher (Etcher) which runs in Windows, Linux and Macs. Works great. Give it a try.

Happy future birthday Gary!!!
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

KeithSpringer wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:34 pm Hi, I bought the Joggler not too long ago and am very happy with it, that's actually why I joined you. I want to read people's reviews and discuss my new purchase with you!! ;)

The cynic in me says "standby for a spam link" ;)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:Here recently took the oldest O2 Joggler with a failing eMMC and purchased a small footprint USB stick for it and wrote newest Ubuntu image to the USB stick.

Lately using balenaEtcher (Etcher) which runs in Windows, Linux and Macs. Works great. Give it a try.

Happy future birthday Gary!!!
@Man in a van , I think you will be correct on that one Image.
@pete I will do Pete , cheers and thank you Image I'll report back if I ever get the new image working .

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

KeithSpringer wrote:The cynic in me says "standby for a spam link" ;)
Why are new users immediately treated as if we are spammers or something like that?
Would you stop it?[/quote]Hi @KeithSpringer what will you use your Joggler for ?

Happy Joggling
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

KeithSpringer wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:04 pm The cynic in me says "standby for a spam link" ;)
Why are new users immediately treated as if we are spammers or something like that?
Would you stop it?
[/quote]

Happy to be proven wrong :roll:

Go on then :)

ronnie