Dans XP 2003

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
mickchip

Dans XP 2003

Post by mickchip »

Anyone got a copy of this XP the very small first edition.
Jogglermaniac
pete

Re: Dans XP 2003

Post by pete »

How are you @mickchip?

I will look for it...thinking I do have it. It was the one booting from USB and not Seabios at the time eh?

These images are archived on a disk image from my windows desktop from back then. Dan also wrote a micro W2003 image.

I do mostly run Ubuntu these days on all of my laptops / desktops / tablets while they dual boot still to Windows 10 here. I do utilize a main Windows 2016 server which I RDP to via Linux.

I cannot recall now if these were seabios or USB boot images. I went and purchased 16Gb SSDs with long flat flipped zif cables and migrated all of these Openframes (15-20) to booting from SSD drives. Today I still use ~ 15 of them as Windows automation touch screens. Rest of the O2's are running Squeezeplayer or Linux. Have a Linux booting Openframe 2 using a 64 gb SSD drive.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Hi Pete thanks for the reply, they were USB boot and either or both would be very helpful.
I'm doing OK, haven't had a cruise for a year though, miss the US, we both like it there.
Hope your doing OK, this covid thing isn't very good for us oldies.
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

Here is an early Dan's VHD file. Compact which expands to a 4 Gb image file.

hxxps://1drv.ms/u/s!Akj-Oin7_x0rgZJIMioZrMtxrH2U5w?e=PWc8sa
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Still using an embedded XP tweaked image on my OF1's here. Works the best here with MS SAPI / touchscreen interface and remote controllable from a Windows server now running in a Virtual box running on Ubuntu.

Tried Windows 8.1 embedded yesterday. Works but slow. Logged in to MS account and it dropped down the configuration that is on my Windows 10 devices.

Mixing in Amazon Show devices lately. They are managed today by Home Assistant relating to automation / triggers / events for TTS and various ocmmands and features.

In the automobile here went to using Kodi on Linux with a BMW bus interface. Works well. Using a mini intel PC and original bus configuration was written for the RPi. Only thing is that there is no Kodi navigation plugin available.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

BTW the above is from a post of Dan from 2011. Dan also made a W2003 server lite image.
- Pete

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Thanks Pete, trying to get it running off the internal emmc. Could of built my own tiny XP only USBOOT is no longer available, the website seems to be closed down. I have made a new centre console for the TT it has an octa core android 8.1 with 4gb ram and 8inch screen, very quick.
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

The USB Boot version worked fine with the EFI boot rom. Switching to using Seabios you do not need to use the USB boot stuff. Just install XP ISO on a boot stick and install it to the SSD card.

Yes today using an Octocore S912 chip set for running Linux Kodi at home. Works great with 4K.
- Pete

Auto mater