Joggler's wifi has stopped working

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
lovingboth

Joggler's wifi has stopped working

Post by lovingboth »

I'm not sure exactly when, but in the past couple of months, the wifi has declined to connect or even acknowledge that there are any wifi networks to be seen.

This happens with the firmware and the Android 4 build on a USB stick that it's been running for the past few years.

I've obviously power-cycled it a couple of times, no luck.

Any suggestions?

I know it has an ethernet port, but I'm not running a cable to the kitchen for this and there are no spare mains sockets for mains networking either.

roobarb!

Re: Joggler's wifi has stopped working

Post by roobarb! »

lovingboth wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:10 pm
This happens with the firmware and the Android 4 build on a USB stick that it's been running for the past few years.
If it's happening on two different operating systems that previously worked just fine, that sounds suspiciously like a hardware failure.

Throw Ubuntu Bionic onto a USB stick, configure your wifi settings in the network.yaml file, then boot it and see if that works - when connected it'll show the wireless address on the text login screen something like this:

Code: Select all

Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS openframe tty1 wlan0:192.168.1.50

openframe login: _
If it gets an address, the hardware is working. No address... something's afoot.

If the card is shot it's easy to replace.