What can I use my Jogglers for

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jim_lewis1

What can I use my Jogglers for

Post by jim_lewis1 »

I got quite into using the Joggler as a music source a few years ago and liked having multiroom synced audio for cheap.

However, other sources have become easier to use and that Joggler's purpose is not there for me any more.

I have several units of various types (although I never did get the more exotic ones going).

I have both Alexa and Google home set up at home and a variety of home automation devices from Hue lights to LightwaveRF and others sockets etc.

Is there any further use to which I can put the jogglers or is it time to get rid?
hawsey

Re: What can I use my Jogglers for

Post by hawsey »

An IP camera viewer maybe ? A Clock ?
Do you have any hobbies at all , something to do with that .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

I do have cameras set up that I can view though an android app. But i'm not clear on how (or if it's possible) to run Android on the Joggler. these are usually run with Linux AFAIK
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Android works ok on the Joggler , video is not its strong point but it should work ok if you find a compatible app , the refresh rate might not be 100% but it will work :-).
You will have to sideload your apps and maybe look for older versions of them but I have had great success on Android with my Amateur radio hobby ; I even have an app that lets me listen to Police/ Fire Service in the States which is great fun . I have also via Android and a TV dongle + Antenna used it to track the beacons from planes landing in Newcastle Airport , also good fun if you like that sort of thing .
I'll find you an Android link .

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qcgven49t ... g.tgz/file

Happy Joggling