Squeezebox plugin problem

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
chelseagirl

Squeezebox plugin problem

Post by chelseagirl »

I've just installed PnP and have Squeezeplayer and Squeezebox server working as far as I can tell - I can log in to the interface at my Joggler's IP address:9000 anyway.

I am trying to add the third party spotify and bbc iplayer plugins but it's just not happening.

I select the two plugins and do Apply, then wait a little while for the server to reboot. Then after a bit I tick the enable buttons and apply ..... and the plugins just ppear at the bottom in the available third prty section again, rather than in the installed plugins.

I've reinstalled the play and server software loads of time, uninstalled and reinstalled perl, reinstalled the whole pnp thing to no avail. Annoying thing is I had it working this morning, went out, came home and the plugins had disappeared from my joggler!

Any ideas?
spoyser

Re: Squeezebox plugin problem

Post by spoyser »

Sounds like you need to do the chown command.

Not sure of the exact command but if you search these forums for chown you should find it.
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

chown -R squeezeboxserver:squeezeboxserver /media/gforums/apps/squeezeboxserver-7.6.0-31297
chelseagirl

Post by chelseagirl »

Tried that ...... though I wasn't entirely sure where to put the command. I logged in with telnet and just typed that line, is that correct, or should I be doing something else? Anyway, the telnet screen didn't show anything happening and I still can't install those plugins!
Regor

Post by Regor »

chelseagirl

Post by chelseagirl »

Like I said, I've done all that ..... so long as " Issue the ssh command above" means via telnet - it doesn't actually explain how/where to do that! Could someone please let me know .... The way I did it was to put "telnet jogglerISP" into the search box on Windows 7 start menu, then did letmein as password, then typed in the chown command line and pressed enter .....
Regor

Post by Regor »

by chelseagirl » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 am
Like I said, I've done all that ..... so long as " Issue the ssh command above" means via telnet - it doesn't actually explain how/where to do that! Could someone please let me know .... The way I did it was to put "telnet jogglerISP" into the search box on Windows 7 start menu, then did letmein as password, then typed in the chown command line and pressed enter .....
l
ssh is similar to telenet. You can copy and paste the chown command into the window opened up by telenet. Press return, the cursor should move onto the next line (nothing appears to happen), type in exit, press return. You are now back in Windows ready to carry out the next step in the routine.
Regards
:)
chelseagirl

Re: Squeezebox plugin problem - and NEW problem!

Post by chelseagirl »

OK an update on the problem ...

After lots of installing and uninstalling the various bits and pieces and running the chown command a few times, I finally seem to have got the BBC iplayer plugin to stick, I've also got the original Spotify app to apparently play (the Triode one is showing as installed on the webserver but not on the Joggler - but the green Spotify app on the Joggler now looks like its playing rather than throwing up the file error).

Only trouble now is that though they both LOOK like they're playing, no sound happens! I've tried all the other radio/podcast things on Squeezeplayer and they all work fine, it's just Spotify and BBC (the only two I actually wanted to work") that have no sound.

Any ideas much appreciated!!
gegs

Post by gegs »

I posted a solution in the other thread you started about removing P'n'P. http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54

It's a bit lengthy but the instructions work for me.
Last edited by gegs on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gegs

Post by gegs »

chelseagirl wrote:Like I said, I've done all that ..... so long as " Issue the ssh command above" means via telnet - it doesn't actually explain how/where to do that! Could someone please let me know .... The way I did it was to put "telnet jogglerISP" into the search box on Windows 7 start menu, then did letmein as password, then typed in the chown command line and pressed enter .....
I use Putty to SSH into my Joggler. It's really easy to use; just make sure you choose SSH as the connection option rather than FTP or Telnet. Plug'n'Pimp enables SSH when installed and the username is letmeinssh and the password is joggler1234

You can download Putty from here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta ... nload.html
gegs

Post by gegs »

chelseagirl wrote:The way I did it was to put "telnet jogglerISP" into the search box on Windows 7 start menu, then did letmein as password, then typed in the chown command line and pressed enter .....
I don't have Windows 7 so I'm not sure how it operates. Maybe Windows 7 is smart and can run executables like "telnet" from a search box but I think it needs to be run from the command prompt. In Win XP you choose "run" from the start menu, type in "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter. This allows you to telnet to your Joggler from the command line.

The Windows site says you can enter the Windows 7 command prompt this way:
"Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Command Prompt, and then, in the list of results, click Command Prompt."

There's also an elevated privileges instruction:

"Some commands that you can run using Command Prompt might require elevated or administrative privileges. To run these commands, you can use the Run as administrator command.

To run Command Prompt as an administrator

1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button.
2. In the search box, type command prompt.
3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation."
chelseagirl

Post by chelseagirl »

In Windows 7 you can type "telnet IP address" into the box on the start menu and it opens up a telnet client (once you've enabled it) - I oinly know that because I read it in one of the "How To" posts on on the old Joggler.info website!!