Ubuntu / Xubuntu for the O2 Joggler.

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick ) for the O2 Joggler.

Post by BuZz »

I just tested it, and plugged in a usb stick with a single fat32 partition, and it automounted fine. Perhaps you can give me some more details as I can't reproduce it

[edit] actually I tested the wrong image version. Will get back about this later.
gegs

Post by gegs »

I found that it wouldn't automount another USB stick at boot up (with modified files I wanted to copy to Ubuntu). When Ubuntu was up and running though, if I removed the stick and re-inserted it the automount worked fine and the device icon appeared on my Desktop.

I'm using the latest btrfs non-compressed image.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

That sounds like normal behaviour to me I think.
gegs

Post by gegs »

BuZz wrote:That sounds like normal behaviour to me I think.
Me too.
silentchill07

Post by silentchill07 »

Just installed this and already I am getting messages that the file system root is almost out of space, as I have it installed on a 16gb pen drive is it possible to resize the file system root ?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I assume you are using btrfs ? If using ext4, you can resize using gparted. to resize btrfs please see http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... &p=135#p30
silentchill07

Post by silentchill07 »

Hi yes i am using btrfs and i already followed that topic but when I rebooted & entered "sudo btrfsctl -r max /" I got an error message "ioctl:: Invalid argument"
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

me too!

I needed to do it on another Linux machine.
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I have Btrfs Compressed Version and my USB flash is fat32 it detects it but auto-mount doesn't work...
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

-=xXx=- wrote:I have Btrfs Compressed Version and my USB flash is fat32 it detects it but auto-mount doesn't work...
I downloaded the brtfs compressed version. Booted it up. formatted a new usb stick to fat32, and inserted it and it mounted.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

silentchill07 wrote:Hi yes i am using btrfs and i already followed that topic but when I rebooted & entered "sudo btrfsctl -r max /" I got an error message "ioctl:: Invalid argument"
I added a reply about this here

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 2&t=9#p283
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

BuZz wrote:
-=xXx=- wrote:I have Btrfs Compressed Version and my USB flash is fat32 it detects it but auto-mount doesn't work...
I downloaded the brtfs compressed version. Booted it up. formatted a new usb stick to fat32, and inserted it and it mounted.

Strange why my stick is not mounting and usb cd-rom also...
silentchill07

Post by silentchill07 »

I'm having a problem now were the icon at the top for the keyboard and wifi, shutdown reboot ETC, have vanished, I have re-softwared the pen drive now several times and rendomly they just disappear and never come back. I have noticed on boot up a few times messages saying certain files are missing with the option to delete or dont delete, any ideas ? E.G. "Indicator Applet" Is missing ETC, there are a few more, I always shutdown properly ?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

silentchill07 wrote:I'm having a problem now were the icon at the top for the keyboard and wifi, shutdown reboot ETC, have vanished, I have re-softwared the pen drive now several times and rendomly they just disappear and never come back. I have noticed on boot up a few times messages saying certain files are missing with the option to delete or dont delete, any ideas ? E.G. "Indicator Applet" Is missing ETC, there are a few more, I always shutdown properly ?
Sounds like something weird with your pen drive, at a guess. I've never had that issue. Try another device and see if you get the same issue.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I have the disappearing applet problem quite often. It's more frequent when booting from a slow SD card in a card reader compared to a faster USB stick.
silentchill07

Post by silentchill07 »

I've tried a sandisk cruzer, duracell & supertalent pendrive, happens on all of them and once they are gone they never come back, which means you cannot use a keyboard, close down properly, adjust sound ETC ETC
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

You can reinstate them by right-clicking on the panel & selecting "add". The commonest ones to need reinstated are notification area and indicator applets. You can also add a shutdown applet.

BTW one small annoyance is that the message indicator is bundled with the volume indicator. You can get rid of it by opening Synaptic, look for indicator-messages & uninstall it.
silentchill07

Post by silentchill07 »

dwl99 wrote:You can reinstate them by right-clicking on the panel & selecting "add". The commonest ones to need reinstated are notification area and indicator applets. You can also add a shutdown applet.

BTW one small annoyance is that the message indicator is bundled with the volume indicator. You can get rid of it by opening Synaptic, look for indicator-messages & uninstall it.
Thank you that has saved me a great deal of stress, weird how they just keep vanishing though, very strange, virtually every reboot now needs notification area and indicator applets re-adding !!
photor

Post by photor »

I have three error messages when booting, ACPI, EFI and i8042.c.
The system seems start up normally after that, but I don't know if there are some problems.
The screenshot is attached, thanks.
Attachments
P1050785.JPG
Andy Mark

No on-screen Keyboard at start up -trying to install Squeeze

Post by Andy Mark »

Hi Ubuntu-"wizard."

I have no keyboard icon in the top bar ? When I press Universal Access>Florence Virtuel Keyboard nothing happens ? I whant the on-screen keyboard to auto-run at startup ?? - need a little help, thanks. ((It worked fine when I was running Joliclouid))

I will only use the Joggler as Squeezebox, (but SqueezePlay was to complicated to restart under Jolicloud.)

I need the keyboard to install Squeezeplay for Joggler via Terminal ( using http://birdslikewires.co.uk/articles/sq ... or-joggler ) - it should be better than the preinstalled......

My system:

I am running Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) (Joggler Image v1.8 - 13/03/2011) from http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/ubuntu/

Using Sandisk Cruzer Blade 4 GB http://www.anwarosman.com/2010/03/sandi ... -reviewed/

Thanks

Andymark