IP Camera monitoring on Win 10 Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
mickchip

IP Camera monitoring on Win 10 Joggler

Post by mickchip »

Using one of my jogglers as a camera monitor and it works very well.
20190922_103707.jpg
20190922_103649.jpg
20190922_103536.jpg
20190922_103532.jpg
Jogglermaniac
pete

Re: IP Camera monitoring on Win 10 Joggler

Post by pete »

Very nice michchip!!!

Here testing slowly some new "smart cam" 5MP camera boards. These are ONVIF, Hikvision/Dahua compatible boards which allow for Android, iOS and Windows cloud and direct monitoring. The boards are 38mm square and fully featured. This will be installed inside of the old IP cameras (a take apart). Mostly though using these for my combo Optex outdoor cameras. Very tiny stuff and I use jewelers tools to modify these cameras. Here too just went to a Ring Doorbell and didn't like it so changing over to a Hikvision doorbell which allows me to use my security DVR and the built in SD card for non cloud use of the doorbell.

Note old IP cameras were using Axis Server and mostly Grandstream IP OS's and cams here.
cameraboard.jpg
Video doorbell:
videodoorbell.jpg
Doorbell view (stock image from the UK).
doorbell view.jpg
The doorbell is using WiFi where as the rest of the cameras are doing POE network.

Are you doing ONVIF H264 streaming or JPG streaming from your cameras to the Joggler? Historically here have only done JPG streaming on the Jogglers as H264 streaming was too slow.

IE: still running Windows XPe / Seabios on the modded Joggers. Tried to install embedded windows 7 and had issues. Are you using a light install of Windows 10?

Just redid the deck lighting to using different LED lamps fixed in old incandescent lamps. Also redid the flooring (a PITA). 2 cams used for the deck here...one facing the house mounted on the deck and one on the house facing the deck.
deck.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

I've only just got into this, they are H264 wifi cameras, so I can check them on my tablet or phone from anywhere. may get a couple more to install.
By the way these are only 720p ones but the picture is excellent even at night.
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

Have a read here about these new "cheapo" cameras:

Cheapo 4MP IP HD smart boards

hxxp://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/31771-cheapo-4mp-ip-hd-smart-boards/
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Thanks for the info Pete, I may have a dabble with one of those, 4MP is 4 times what mine are.
Jogglermaniac
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Looks great Mickchip , how are you booting W10 on your Joggler please ? SSD ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Actually paying $25 per open camera board which are 4 MP and 5 MP. The cheaper 1 MP boards are being used in the "el cheapo" smart cams today.

Same company sells 10-20 MP camera boards that can be utilized for face detection with software. Ideally next generation video doorbells with have the face detection built in.

Over 10 years ago was playing with similiar generic camera boards with Grandstream OS's on them (with SIP) but these were $100-$150 each and stacked with 2-3 boards. IE: my Leviton (HAI) OmniPro 2 panel does talk to a SIP enabled door intercom / chime / security gate. Today the integration is via a hardwired outdoor Optex PIR and hardwired doorbell tripping a zone. I also utilize Geophone sensors which are very sensitive buried under the front walk.

@Hawsey...

Using an internal SSD and seabios you can install XP, W7, W8 or W10 on the Joggler. Only it has to work with 512Mb of ram. Trying this via the USB port though works a bit but not really well cuz of all of the RW's going on with WIndows. That is why Linux works the best.

Because of the slow video here relating to RTSP streaming went to using quick JPG captures on my old stuff. IE: my Leviton in wall touchscreens are running Microsoft CE on a tiny CPU and little ram.

What could work better would be writing new Linux to the 1 Gb MMC with a tiny desktop and VLC running for RTSP streaming. Will give it a try with newest and posted updates.

Use Andy's new build or the above build with KODI and the RTSP streaming plugin. You can also add the new Alexa Show streaming RTSP plugin as it is really lite and works cloudless. ("Alexa show front door" or "Alexa show camera1").

You can create a startup one liner VLC to start streaming the RTSP stream. Note that new Smartcams are not open and only talk to the internet cloud and accessible via Android or iOS. Here have modified firmware on my testing smart cams such that I can edit the configurations for local RTSP streaming and can now do JPG snapshots and access the built in recordings on the SD card. Off the shelf smart cams have to be configured with the QR code and your tablet or telephone. Here running an Android Virtual Box on my desktop / laptop for programming which to me is easier that doing it on my tablet or phone. That is me.
- Pete

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Using a Transcend jetflash780 16gb usb stick
s-l225BM7MOY58.jpg
s-l225BM7MOY58.jpg (5.9 KiB) Viewed 27060 times
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRANSCEND-JE ... xycSdR0jTU
Jogglermaniac
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

kodi with survelance plugin works great.
pete

Post by pete »

Easier than running a command line script to run an instance of one camera. You are doing the same with python on KODI anyhow...

Check out my post over here about using those "el cheapo" 5MP ($25 on Ebay) smart cam boards...

hxxp://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/31771-cheapo-5mp-ip-hd-smart-boards/

Same company sells 10-30 MP boards now that can be utilize for facial recognition...

Updated the firmware on the Hikvision OEM doorbell and can do two RTSP streams now, ONVIF and JPG captures...removed the Ring doorbel and switched over to the HikVision OEM doorbell...
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I bought cheap 720p cameras 5y ago think it's fully enought...they have Hi3516 chip... for the door bel i think it's also Hi3516 or Hi3518E need to see it there is custom firmware for it...
pete

Post by pete »

Yeah the newer smart cam chips all talk to the cloud and are always connected to the iOS or Android app. The test camera boards have a switch to shut off the cloud connection.

Looking this morning at my PFSense firewall see this all of the time:

Sep 27 06:40:13 WAN 49.51.85.228:6004 x.y.z.w:30740 UDP

looking up IP...

AS132203 TENCENT-NET-AP-CN Tencent Building, Kejizhongyi Avenue, CN (registered Mar 13, 2012)

Personally here utilize an IPSec VPN so probably will disconnect the Android apps that I am testing. I prefer an on demand look and see ...that is me.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Belive me this cameras have to many backdoors I fully block them for outside connection...
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

mickchip wrote:Using a Transcend jetflash780 16gb usb stick
s-l225BM7MOY58.jpg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRANSCEND-JE ... xycSdR0jTU
Thanks Mickchip :-)

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

For KODI streaming an easy way is to create an strm file.

1 - create a doorbell.strm file

2 - such that it contains the doorbell stream

rxxp://admin:password@192.168.244.152:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

here put it in a directory called IPCameras

In Kodi map the directory IPCameras. Under videos go to play back videos and choose the doorbell.strm file.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

@pete , do you have a link to the cameras you are using ?
@mickchip I've ordered one of those transcend usb sticks and I've pmed you about the Windows image you are using :-) .
Love your camera set up on the Joggler , which cameras are you using ?
Is it possible to set up recording of the images on a Joggler or will that be asking too much of it ?

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

@hawsey,

Here only tinkering with Hikvision 5 MP based open camera boards available on Ebay for around $25 USD. Way long time ago it was Grandstream 1MP cameras and boards for SIP use.

Here is an example of a 2MP IP camera board on Ebay

hxxps://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-CCTV-2MP-IP-Camera- ... SwktJcvGVX

Here is an example of a 5MP IP camera board on Ebay.

hxxps://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-5mp-CCTV-IP-Camera- ... SwOzJdQDp1

The new boards are "smart cams" and work with Android / iOS or old way of multiple RTSP streaming and JPG captures. Today you can get 1-2 MP wired or wireless cameras on Ebay for around $30 USD.

The Joggler will stream HD 5 MP 4K with some difficulty. It will do much better with lower HD resolution of 1-2 MP cameras.

Fastest will be Linux streaming. I am JPG streaming today on my modded Seabios / 16Gb SSD Jogglers (years now) running automation touch software.

Just got a Hikvision Doorbell. It is a 3MP HD wireless camera. It uses the doorbell wires for power. It has a built in analog PIR. It is a 140 degrees lense so it is almost a fisheye lense. Works very nicely. I have never installed one cuz my doorbell was installed on a side glass panel wood frame. Very narrow. Went with an angle mount and installed it partially on the brick.
- Pete

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks Pete .

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

@mickchip , i sent you another PM , the link was bad unfortunately . My Jetflash 780 has arrived so i am all ready to try it out , cheers.
Happy Joggling
craig_1234

Post by craig_1234 »

I already had an existing analogue CCTV system in place from the days when I used Zoneminder, so I decided to upgrade each camera to 5MP AHD recently and replace the DVR, rather than go down the IP route. Works fine and I can access the RTSP streams via VLC player and I have the whole system locked down.

I’ve also been playing around with the cheap 4MP IP modules over the last few months, purchased from AliExpress. What I’ve discovered is there are more security holes in the firmware than a block of swiss cheese. Backdoors in the Chinese P2P cloud functionality, vulnerabilities in the ONVIF implementation, hardcoded root passwords (mostly DES or MD5 hashes, unsalted or non-randomised salts), telnet access enabled by default etc. From a security perspective they are a nightmare and I won’t allow them on my home network unless they are locked down. I normally forward over SSH.

Most of them use the Hisilicon chipsets, sometimes with a soldered on ESP8266 variant for Wi-Fi. There is a custom firmware, mainly for the Xiaomi Dafang ip cameras: https://github.com/EliasKotlyar/Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks which I haven't tried (I don't have any compatible devices) and also a HiSilicon SDK somewhere which I've seen mentioned in some of the Russian forums.

Also, if you email the manufacturers directly in China (I emailed “Shenzhen RDS industrial” recently), they will often have an updated firmware (which are rarely updated online) which does actually fix some of the bad vulnerabilities. Of course, they know about the vulnerabilities in the firmware, but most of the time they simply don’t care.