O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
royals

Re: O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

Post by royals »

I think it is a disgrace what O2 have done. Basically they have sabotaged a working item. I am in the process of reporting o2 to ofcom, oft and trading standards. sure, if they arent supporting it then thats fine just dont expect me to buy another o2 products. However you cant remove everything to the point its unusable as mine wont update the date/time and i cant manually change. I complained to o2 and they couldnt care less. They arrogantly said they havent done anything illegal, well they are WRONG! I said i worked in telecoms and would report them, its all gone quit now, funny that!

Anyway, ive now installed Andoid ICS on it and its superb - only key issue is that if you power it off then the location resets to China and the time is incorrect but at least i can manually change it - otherwise it would have been a decent 2nd alarm clock as well as a web browser
royals

Re: o2:we're updating your o2 joggler on 30 april?

Post by royals »

cbredfred wrote:I think this news sucks.
Internet Radio was the most popular app on Roobarbs recent poll:

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=396

I know that Squeezeplay has more stations and I prefer to use it, but my parents who live in Canada and have a Joggler love the simplicity of the radio app.
put ics on it, and use tune up radio - may solve your problem - be aware that not all apps will work on the joggler version of ics
royals

Post by royals »

offbeatdave wrote:
andjos wrote:Well wish i hadnt updated, what a disaster!
May as well put it on ebay, main thing I used was the internet radio....now gone........ and I had free texts...now gone
Who thinks that we want all the games!

Anyone know if you can reverse things back on this, need the internet radio at least
Can't help with the texts, but check out the PnP III thread at http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=555 or the Squeezeplay thread. Don't give up on such a cool piece of kit.

agree dont give - i nearly did but after adding dual boots to my hp touchpads a few months ago and they got a new lease of life from a gaming/app pespective and i could still use the superb webos browser if i wanted

Seeing as how easy it was (though instructions were written by techies - got to love em as they cant write instructions for toffee), i thought id stick ics on the joggler seeing as it was a powerful enough device - well it rund very well - its miles better than the o2 joggler firmware! - now with android ics on there with the google apps you can now download apps and games - though be aware not all will work so either take the chance or check on google or releavnt forums for advice
dangerousbh

Post by dangerousbh »

O2 have suceeded in creating a 'pi**ed off' consumer out of me!
After leaving my joggler unplugged all night to see if it would spring back into life I was none too happy
when plugging it in this morning I find it will not boot past the 'open peak' logo - as well as this there are horizontal lines across the screen.
I cant believe that only a few weeks ago I had a perfectly functional piece of kit that did everything I had purchased it to do and in such a short space of time 02 have managed to take away its functionality and now kill it!! I dont have the time or knowhow to start reflashing/tinkering with it and I dont see why I should have too.
I agree with anyone who thinks this should go further than 02 as they obviously dont seem to care what happens to joggler users after they have severed their ties with the product, would love to see this on watchdog or similar!
Thanks a bunch o2 for my hi-tech dust collector!!!!!
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

Hang on in there .... the team here will have some fixes soon when we get the O2 final image ...

and we can help you round to rebuilding to a working image again!.
psionguy

Post by psionguy »

Not sure what the problem is here, I re-flash my Joggler to the original firmware on the same day as the update, all working fine and back as before. The only item not working is the messages. The original firmware has always been available and it only takes a few minutes to put back.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

psionguy wrote:Not sure what the problem is here, I re-flash my Joggler to the original firmware on the same day as the update, all working fine and back as before. The only item not working is the messages. The original firmware has always been available and it only takes a few minutes to put back.
Have the Sports News and News feeds updated? Lots seemed to fail mid-August.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
oPless

Post by oPless »

Ah, so this is why my stepsons joggler got bricked.

At least now I know that it's not a total write off - all I got was a white screen!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

oPless wrote:Ah, so this is why my stepsons joggler got bricked.

At least now I know that it's not a total write off - all I got was a white screen!
It's still good for many of the original functions. Just reflash it (I use the OpenPeak reflash) and install PnP III and away you go!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
psionguy

Post by psionguy »

offbeatdave wrote:
psionguy wrote:Not sure what the problem is here, I re-flash my Joggler to the original firmware on the same day as the update, all working fine and back as before. The only item not working is the messages. The original firmware has always been available and it only takes a few minutes to put back.
Have the Sports News and News feeds updated? Lots seemed to fail mid-August.
Just shows how much I use my Joggler, checked and you are correct these are no longer working.