O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dave64k

Re: O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

Post by dave64k »

Same question as Russ above....where is the set time and set date option in the new software as I can't find them. Clock is the best app left...lol
deongorle

Post by deongorle »

Connect your Joggler to the internet (either Lan or WiFi) and the clock will auto set itself (or at least it should do....all three of mine do)....Hope this helps. :D :D :D
dave64k

Post by dave64k »

I am connected via wifi to the internet but the clock is unchanged. Interestingly the weather app is picking up the correct date and time but that maybe off the server rather than the joggler. Any other ideas?
danb79

Post by danb79 »

Dave 64 does your joggler look like it always has? my jogglers date went to 2009 the next morning my joggler was running the new interface!
dave64k

Post by dave64k »

Hi Dan.....no my Joggler has the new style interface all new icons. The new style clock (not the nice blue o2 one) now shows 21 September 2009 and 00:00. The clock works as it now shows 21:26. If I go to settings/date/time through the icons there is no set date/set time option.

If the clock is set from the network could I have an incorrect server setting?

Any help gratefully accepted
jkn

Post by jkn »

FWIW, my Joggler has just tonight updated itself.

Annoyingly, this is the one which (I thought) I have guarded against upgrade via modifying the /etc/hosts file. So be warned, it looks like that doesn't work?!

Like some others, I was left with iPlayer and Squeezebox apps on the ... third ... screen. I've reflashed with PnP II for now.

Disappointed to hear that the Pure radio stream is going to be axed.

Cheers
Jon N
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Remember that you can install the Tunein Radio app on Squeezeplay so you will still be able to access streaming radio.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Still having problems with joggler still has September 2009 but weather has correct date and time WiFi live so cannot understand why time and date is incorrect or why no app to change details. Please help. Frustrated Russ
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

are u sure you are accessing the net ok??? have you tried putting the Joggler on an ethernet cable for a few mins?

My "un-New-O2" Joggler crashed yesterday and completely corrupted... back to a white screen with a distant O2 logo
Thank Heavens for Birdslikewires rebuild... took 2 goes (first reported read only flash)....

and suprise suprise...thats not updated!!

How ever - whats interesting is the Sky News Feeds are 100% current... may be worth thinking about for PnPimpIII if we can identify the source?
fmarden

Post by fmarden »

10th May 2012 and still no update on my Joggler. Is there any news, or a way to force it?
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

I think there is but why do you want to?

A few folk on here have been updated and are less than happy with it.

I've got PnPII on mine and I'm hoping it stays that way ;)
dave64k

Post by dave64k »

Tried wired and wireless connections now and the date/time still not updating and no ability to change in the settings menu.

I am assuming the clocking comes from the NTP server?

Do folks with the new update from o2 and correct date and time have the same settings as me?

Primary NTP Server: ntp.ubuntu.com

Secondary NTP Server: pool.ntp.org
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

ordessa wrote:
How ever - whats interesting is the Sky News Feeds are 100% current... may be worth thinking about for PnPimpIII if we can identify the source?
Haven't been able to get teh apps working in the OP software.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
dave64k

Post by dave64k »

Still no joy with date/time setting so have posted to a new thread as a single topic as there maybe other items here as part of the o2 software update.
pete

Post by pete »

It would be great is the new firmware wrote over the built in NIC such that it behaved like a conventional NIC with its own MAC or similar.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

dave64k wrote:Tried wired and wireless connections now and the date/time still not updating and no ability to change in the settings menu.

I am assuming the clocking comes from the NTP server?

Do folks with the new update from o2 and correct date and time have the same settings as me?

Primary NTP Server: ntp.ubuntu.com

Secondary NTP Server: pool.ntp.org

Dave...
does your Router have an MAC address filtering?
dave64k

Post by dave64k »

ordessa wrote: does your Router have an MAC address filtering?

Not sure. It's a standard settings O2 Wireless Box II which is a rebadged Thomson SpeedTouch TG585v7......if that helps

Went into the configuration menu and there is nothing about MAC address filtering.
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

I wonder if this is the DHCP issue thats happening since O2 rebuilt. ... if your router (I have one as I'm an O2 customer - but use a netgear) I set the ip address as defined ...so the dhcp req/ack/issue/apply doesnt need to happen...
may be worth a try...
BuckbyJon

Post by BuckbyJon »

Hi chaps

I wonder if you can help. I have the basic joggler, ie, I haven't customised it in any way as I am simply not clever enough.

It has now updated but I have two blank spaces (ie, no icon) and underneath it says Tools on one and Games on the other. Nothing happens when you touch them. Yet the rest has still updated and I have the new clock and the other new icons like Google Chat, Calculator etc. I don't have any of the others like USA Today or the new games.

Is there anything I can do or is the download happening in a couple of stages? Or is there any way to do a full reset?

Thanks.
pete

Post by pete »

If you unplug and replug in the Joggler do the icons come back?

If not you can probably do the upgrade again via the menu choice if it is there?

Mine has not updated here in the US.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater