Black screen only - can it be fixed?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jnix

Black screen only - can it be fixed?

Post by jnix »

I've been given a non-working Joggler - when plugged in there's a green light inside but the screen stays black.

Any ideas how to fix it? Any help much appreciated
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Black screen only - can it be fixed?

Post by BuZz »

could try swapping the efi chip from a working joggler and see if it boots. if it does, then you can hotswap to bad one back in and reflash. this needs another working joggler of course.
Mevi

Post by Mevi »

Does the backlight flash white when you first apply power or is it completely black? Does it play the O2 startup sound a minute later? I suppose it depends how badly you want it working, but as Buzz suggests, you'd need to get a 2nd one before you can try out all your options. I might be inclined to flog it on eBay as faulty and pick up a good working one instead.
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

note there are some here for £40 - although new seller so take care.
jnix

Post by jnix »

Thanks both - looks like I'll be looking out for a working one then
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Just wondering - is it possible to get hold of spare (compatible) efi chips and then have them flashed with whatever is necessary to work on a Joggler ?

Another possibility, could be to meet up with someone else who has a working Joggler and is willing to help out and give it a try. I guess there is a risk when hot swapping chips, but sounds like it has been done a few times. Maybe there is a thread on this here ?