Ubuntu Bionic for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: Ubuntu Bionic for OpenFrame

Post by hawsey » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:38 am

Nice touch , I like that option .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:54 pm

-=xXx=- wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:56 pm
Maybe someone will be interested Joggler can be used as 3rd screen for your PC in windows I added manually 3rd screen as mobile with resolution 848x480 and VNC from Joggler to it I use it to output some stats really comfortable and when I lock the pc vnc session is droped and joggler goes back to kodi screensaver.
That's really cool, I like that. :)

The build system is currently chewing on kernel 5.3 now that 5.2 has been binned. Hopefully it'll complete with minimal effort!
birdslikewires.net - home of the Reflash System, SqueezePlay (OS) and various tools for the Joggler!

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:37 pm

roobarb! wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:54 pm
Hopefully it'll complete with minimal effort!
Jinxed it. It's doing the 'wrong architecture' problem like the last kernel did because I'm building 32-bit in a chroot on a 64-bit system and it's misidentifying it. Nearly lunchtime, I'll see if I can fix it.
birdslikewires.net - home of the Reflash System, SqueezePlay (OS) and various tools for the Joggler!

pete

Post by pete » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Dunno why but the build wouldn't stand up to reboots for me scrambling the internal 1Gb or 2Gb eMMC. Thought it was a bad eMMC then updated it with old build and its been fine with constant testing reboots 1-14 days after installation.

Am going to try a build and not touch it keeping it at a command line prompt to see what happens on two more O2 Jogglers that I have around here.

Just checked on 2 Openpeak1 and 1 Openpeak 2 which I installed old Squeezeplayer OS on way over a month ago and these are up and running fine and connected here to my Home Assistant box and LMS running on Ubuntu server. I have rebooted these a few times and they always boot and the eMMC never gets scrambled.

Note that I also have 2 more Squeezeplayers on line; both wirelessly connected with no issues. IE: that is 5 of these plus 15 running seabios and embedded XP though this is running on a 16Gb SSD.

Just purchased a Cisco Cius which is an Openpeak tablet with similar specifications to the Joggler except that it has 1Gb of RAM and has a 32Gb OS.

I want to run Ubuntu touch on it and it hopefully will do the basics.
- Pete

Auto mater

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:35 am

pete wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm
Dunno why but the build wouldn't stand up to reboots for me scrambling the internal 1Gb or 2Gb eMMC. Thought it was a bad eMMC then updated it with old build and its been fine with constant testing reboots 1-14 days after installation.

Am going to try a build and not touch it keeping it at a command line prompt to see what happens on two more O2 Jogglers that I have around here.

Just checked on 2 Openpeak1 and 1 Openpeak 2 which I installed old Squeezeplayer OS on way over a month ago and these are up and running fine and connected here to my Home Assistant box and LMS running on Ubuntu server. I have rebooted these a few times and they always boot and the eMMC never gets scrambled.
That is weird. Not seen that here, but there've been no changes to the way the filesystem is laid out. There were big changes to how the root volume was identified after first boot (by UUID and not by name) but that would prevent the thing from booting at all, not go scrambly. If you're just putting it on internal memory and not running the root extension script then it's identical to all previous versions...
pete wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm
Just purchased a Cisco Cius which is an Openpeak tablet with similar specifications to the Joggler except that it has 1Gb of RAM and has a 32Gb OS.

I want to run Ubuntu touch on it and it hopefully will do the basics.
Yeah, they look very cool! I'll keep an eye on how you get on with them. :)

pete

Post by pete » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Gonna try booting in to a old windows EFI boot USB stick and attempt to doing a low level Emmc format of the O2 Jogglers. Application works fine in XP.

Testing it first on my Seabios booting XPe computer.
- Pete

Auto mater