JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jasper1983

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by jasper1983 »

Hi,

Yes I an writing "jazzmod01.img", I've tried to write to a 4g and two 8g micro sd cards, they work with other information on them, maybe it's my micro usb reader that the joggler does not like
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

michaelh wrote:
BubaMan wrote:
michaelh wrote:Thanks for the reply: The zip file I downloaded didn't contain that img file. Can you please post a link to the correct zip file? Thanks very much.
In the 1st post: http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/android/jazzmod01.7z
Great - thanks again. I'll try that later.
That's worked a treat :-) Thank you. I'm getting the Google Framework error mentioned elsewhere, but I'll see if I can fix that.
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

michaelh wrote:
BubaMan wrote:
michaelh wrote:Thanks for the reply: The zip file I downloaded didn't contain that img file. Can you please post a link to the correct zip file? Thanks very much.
In the 1st post: http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/android/jazzmod01.7z
Great - thanks again. I'll try that later.
That worked a treat :-). Thanks
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

offbeatdave wrote:
jazzmista wrote:
samjam wrote:And... if we can, proper google-calendar syncing, not just activesync.
I'll do my best :)

In other news, I've got compiling sorted out and I've made a couple of tweaks already. Now for the bad news:
I've got exams coming up in a couple of weeks so I'm going to be spending less time on this - sorry. Thank you all for being so patient for so long...
Good luck!
Yes, good luck :-)
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

Thanks all for your help so far. I've now got my Joggler running Android, connected to Wifi, browsing the net, all good stuff :-)

I have a few questions though:
1) After a reboot, the Language & Keyboard both change to "English (China)". I set them to "English (United Kingdom)", but the settings go back to China after a reboot. Any ideas how to make them stay at UK?
2) Likewise, the Time Zone goes to China Standard Time (GMT +8) after a reboot. Any ideas how to make it stay at UK time?
3) I have an SMB/FTP server with music & pictures on it. I can get to the files using Astro with SMB Module, but it's very slow. Any suggestions for a streaming app?
4) Has anyone managed to get the Google Docs/Drive app working? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks again.
BubaMan

Post by BubaMan »

jasper1983 wrote:maybe it's my micro usb reader that the joggler does not like
Do you have a thumb drive / other USB disk you can try?
BubaMan

Post by BubaMan »

michaelh wrote:1) After a reboot, the Language & Keyboard both change to "English (China)". I set them to "English (United Kingdom)", but the settings go back to China after a reboot. Any ideas how to make them stay at UK?.
2) Likewise, the Time Zone goes to China Standard Time (GMT +8) after a reboot. Any ideas how to make it stay at UK time?
I'll leave to the experts to answer why it's not persistent but others have mooted using a script to set specific things at startup - don't ask me how :?
michaelh wrote:3) I have an SMB/FTP server with music & pictures on it. I can get to the files using Astro with SMB Module, but it's very slow. Any suggestions for a streaming app?
I use Bubble UPnP - works well with TVersity on my PC
michaelh wrote:4) Has anyone managed to get the Google Docs/Drive app working? If so, how would I do that?
I've no idea, sorry
koalauk

Post by koalauk »

any video player that works with bubble upnp ? so far I cant get any to work !!
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

BubaMan wrote:
michaelh wrote:1) After a reboot, the Language & Keyboard both change to "English (China)". I set them to "English (United Kingdom)", but the settings go back to China after a reboot. Any ideas how to make them stay at UK?.
I'll leave to the experts to answer why it's not persistent but others have mooted using a script to set specific things at startup - don't ask me how :?
michaelh wrote:3) I have an SMB/FTP server with music & pictures on it. I can get to the files using Astro with SMB Module, but it's very slow. Any suggestions for a streaming app?
I use Bubble UPnP - works well with TVersity on my PC
michaelh wrote:4) Has anyone managed to get the Google Docs/Drive app working? If so, how would I do that?
I've no idea, sorry
Thanks for the Bubble tip: I'll give it a go.
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

any word on jazzmod 2? :D
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

miccheck1516 wrote:any word on jazzmod 2? :D
It will come out some time after Monday (exams finish then).
stedaniels

Post by stedaniels »

Woo hoo!

Just started to get into this. I'm going to be running ICS on 4 Jogglers around the house running qOrbiter from LinuxMCE :-D
BubaMan

Post by BubaMan »

jazzmista wrote:It will come out some time after Monday (exams finish then).
I hope all went well!

Looking forward to the next release after getting my official "update" (a.k.a. "downgrade") this morning :evil:
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Oops, I meant next Monday... *facepalm* Exams don't start until Thursday, so still revising! Sorry everyone.
inzimam

Post by inzimam »

Hi guys,

I really admire all the hard work and talent you guys have to get this running and allowing noobs like me to get on the bandwagon.

I do have a few questions though:

1) Has anyone managed to get bluetooth to work with the ICS build? I have a bluetooth dongle that worked well with JoliOS
2) What I really want is for the desktop to have that Traffic Light widget, so I can get up in the morning and just click it to see how long it will take to get to work. This does not work without gps i'm guess as it's causing google maps to force close. Also, is there is an issue with maps?

I'm hoping that if the bluetooth can work then we can use an external GPS device (as seen used on 2.2 android on the joggler). What do you guys think?

3) Has anyone got radio to work? I want an alarm clock radio
4) screen dimming/ off - what are our options in this regard?

Thanks very much for all your hard work and input
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

best of luck with exams, looking forward to seeing the new build! thanks

:D
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Updates!
So, i've only got 5 exams left ( all on Monday :) )

I'm having a break from revising, so I'm going to try and get the new Intel-built Android for x86 to boot and see if it makes a difference to the performance. If this works, I'm going to concentrate on getting Openpeak 7E WiFi working, followed by finishing the custom launcher and then moving on to some of the features that people have requested (screen dimming first, that's a feature that I miss :P)
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Hello all,

Firstly, I should explain something - the below post wouldn't make much sense if I didn't tell you this! I've been in contact with someone in America (not sure if they want to remain anonymous or not) for the past couple of weeks - the end result is that I now have an OpenPeak 7E sitting on the desk in front of me! Thank you anonymous benefactor ;)

Anyway, this is what I really wanted to tell you: I think I've found the source of the non-working WiFi on the OpenPeak 7E. I've been reading through the LogCat output when I try to enable WiFi via Settings and it throws up this:

Code: Select all

I/ActivityManager( 1415): START{act=android.settings.WIFI_SETTINGS flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.android.settings/.Settings$WifiSettingsActivity} from pid 1480
(some unrelated WindowManager & InputDispatcher errors which I will explain later happen)
Now the interesting bit:

Code: Select all

I/WifiHW ( 1415): got module patch auto
E/WiFiStateMachine (1415): Failed to load driver!
E/WifiStateMachine( 1415): DriverFailedState
Basically, the log above means that it can find the driver, but cannot load it - meaning there is an issue with the driver not conforming to the hardware itself. Having done some more research on the driver, it turns out that the one bundled with JazzMod/Mijuu v1.0 is actually an old rt2870-exclusive driver, where as there is a new device driver that covers many more different rt2870 variations. The new JazzMod with this driver is currently compiling and I'll update this thread if the driver works!
royals

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - RELEASED

Post by royals »

jazzmista wrote:
james wrote:netflix would be nice too!!!

doesn't work on ubuntu due to silverlight.... so that would probably convince me to switch!
Currently testing your apps...

Angry Birds - no
TuneIn Radio - boots, can view streams but force closes
Economist - sort of but messes up status bar (with buttons) big style

Will update this post as I do more tests

angry birds worked for me
royals

Post by royals »

any fix on the time zone issue - eg if the joggler loses power it sets the time zone to China - im sure its a simple fix