JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
stephen m

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by stephen m »

Soz guys if I've something in previous posts, but google calender doesn't sync. Any ideas!
stephen m

Post by stephen m »

stephen m wrote:Soz guys if I've something in previous posts, but google calender doesn't sync. Any ideas!
Downloaded gapps, extracted some files and now syncs with my google calendar beautifully. :D
samjam

Post by samjam »

stephen m wrote:
stephen m wrote:Soz guys if I've something in previous posts, but google calender doesn't sync. Any ideas!
Downloaded gapps, extracted some files and now syncs with my google calendar beautifully. :D
Please could you be more specific, it isn't working for me.
stephen m

Post by stephen m »

No probs samjam. Here you go. Download gapps-ICS-20120429, unzip and extract the files 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk' & 'GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk' by clicking system then app folders, install via the Joggler and bingo!
kegnkiwi

Post by kegnkiwi »

Sorry to jump into this thread but hopefully some will point me in the right direction. Its been a long time since i did anything with the joggler but after the last update from 02 they knocked out the opera browser ect. I've decided to give this file a try and downloaded and extracted it and wrote it to usb be stick. The problems is the booting sequence is totally bypassing the usb stick and going straight back into the openpeak loading screen. Do I have to load any earlier files to open the joggler to booting from usb. I've tried it with a 4gb stick and a 32gb stick. I remember back to the earlier days for the joggler i had to do something to open the joggler for telnet sessions.

ki
samjam

Post by samjam »

stephen m wrote:No probs samjam. Here you go. Download gapps-ICS-20120429, unzip and extract the files 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk' & 'GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk' by clicking system then app folders, install via the Joggler and bingo!
nice one, thanks!
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Hi all,

I had to rebuild my build environment - I accidentally updated to 12.04 and it broke a lot of things - don't worry, all current progress was retained.

Secondly, for 7E users - I'm one step closer to fixing the WiFi. I've got the correct drivers (thanks to another user who has done a teardown of the 7E previously) and I am currently enabling them - after that, I just need to build a wpa_supplicant and then I'm done! I've put the 7E device profile on GitHub here - https://github.com/jamiehoyle/7e-device-config and I'll put the Joggler one on shortly.

Finally, I'm not sure if you have heard of the Orange San Diego - basically it is a new smartphone (also known as the Intel Xolo X900) that has just been released in the UK. The interesting thing about this smartphone is that it is Intel Atom-powered and it allows for binary translation according to the MoDaCo review (http://www.modaco.com/topic/354832-oran ... go-review/). Basically, this means that apps compiled for the ARM architecture (not compatible with the Joggler) are converted into apps compiled for x86 (are compatible with the Joggler), which could prove extremely beneficial in regards to app compatibility.

I'm fairly sure that Intel/Orange/the OEM who made the device has to release their Android source under GPL, so when that happens I'll find what they use for binary translation and incorporate it into JazzMod (not the next release of JazzMod, however, as device specific source code normally takes a while to be released).

Sorry for the rambling post, but I just thought I'd let you know about the current state of the project and what I plan to include in the future (as I haven't posted for a while).

Jamie
rsjackson

Post by rsjackson »

Jamie,

Excellent that you should think to update your progress and aspirations for the Joggler, and to suit various users too.

As someone who is only just competent enough to reap the benefits of your efforts and not intellectually to assist them I very much appreciate your efforts and updates.

I look forward to your next release in particular if it also solves the DNS problem with a wifi connection.

I too saw the Orange San Diego and wondered if it might lead to a benefit to us, sounds hopeful.

Many thanks
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Thanks for the kind words rsjackson :)

Good news! JazzMod v2.0 for Joggler is currently building, and once I've fixed WiFi (nearly there now...) I'll build v2.0 for 7E. I'm not sure if you are following me on Twitter (I recommend it ;) http://www.twitter.com/mightyshakerjnr) but I've looked through a San Diego system dump and found references to qemu-props (for ARM emulation). After asking around on the MoDaCo forums and Twitter, I've managed to obtain the qemu files from a San Diego ICS dev build.

Once I've released v2.0 for both Joggler and 7E, I'll figure out how to include the QEMU binaries and then we will have a Joggler that is compatible with 95% of the apps on the Play Store (I quote Intel on that one).

Anyway, assuming that I don't have any horrific errors, JazzMod v2.0 for Joggler should be out either later today or tomorrow :)

Jamie
Alera

Post by Alera »

This is seriously awesome. I was just about to ebay my remaining 2 jogglers when I found this I am amazed you got ICS running on these things !

Is there anyway Flash will ever work on these ?

Would be great to have iplayer. Also I must be stupid but I can find how to shut it down once booted so it keeps all the settings stored...
gegs

Post by gegs »

Alera wrote:Would be great to have iplayer...
I know this isn't an ICS solution but you can run spoyser's excellent iPlayer app on the stock OS for the time being. It's installed as part of PnP III.
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Alera wrote:This is seriously awesome. I was just about to ebay my remaining 2 jogglers when I found this I am amazed you got ICS running on these things !

Would be great to have iplayer. Also I must be stupid but I can find how to shut it down once booted so it keeps all the settings stored...
If I can get qemu to work, then hopefully! On a side note, the build failed so I cleaned the build directory and it's rebuilding now! I included the qemu libraries in this build and they compile :) They won't work yet though as I haven't referenced them anywhere else, but that's a job for another day! I think I'll have to switch kernel for them to work.
stephen m

Post by stephen m »

jazzmista wrote:
Alera wrote:This is seriously awesome. I was just about to ebay my remaining 2 jogglers when I found this I am amazed you got ICS running on these things !

If I can get qemu to work, then hopefully! On a side note, the build failed so I cleaned the build directory and it's rebuilding now! I included the qemu libraries in this build and they compile :) They won't work yet though as I haven't referenced them anywhere else, but that's a job for another day! I think I'll have to switch kernel for them to work.
Amazing indeed and has brought (in my opinion) the Joggler back to life! Just one thing, I currently use one of my Jogglers also as a bedside clock, however even in clock mode its somewhat bright. Could do with a screen off button or a likes. Any thoughts! Also, can Gapps be included in new build??
Last edited by stephen m on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Good luck on the build Jazz!
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
sero13

Post by sero13 »

Really excited about this, best of luck Jazz!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Good luck and fingers crossed for your new builds :D
Happy Joggling
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Something is broken. I'm not quite sure what, but I have a feeling it's not a problem with my Joggler build (as even generic builds fail at the same part - Error 41). I'm going to do some more investigating...
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Jazzy, check this out dude!!!

http://www.buildroid.org/Download/build ... oudini.ova

http://www.buildroid.org/blog/?p=175

Android vbox image, with binary translation working!

(although still a bit slow) going to test now!

Ps apologies for all the !! marks lol
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Does not run brilliantly on the virtual machine, although angry birds space installs and plays, think it may be usable on the joggler! as I think its more a virtual machine issue over anything else
more to come!!

gegs

Post by gegs »

kegnkiwi wrote:Sorry to jump into this thread but hopefully some will point me in the right direction. Its been a long time since i did anything with the joggler but after the last update from 02 they knocked out the opera browser ect. I've decided to give this file a try and downloaded and extracted it and wrote it to usb be stick. The problems is the booting sequence is totally bypassing the usb stick and going straight back into the openpeak loading screen. Do I have to load any earlier files to open the joggler to booting from usb. I've tried it with a 4gb stick and a 32gb stick. I remember back to the earlier days for the joggler i had to do something to open the joggler for telnet sessions.

ki
Did you use Win32DiskImager to write the image to the USB stick? Copying the .img file to the stick won't work.