JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jazzmista

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by jazzmista »

So, I'm playing around with the Launcher source! Would anyone mind if the launcher didn't do the zoom in/zoom out thing when you access the applications grid? It would make things quicker & less laggy :)

(this is my first proper delve into the world of system app modification - wish me luck! :lol: )

EDIT:

Also, bingo!

Code: Select all

<dimen name="app_icon_size">48dp</dimen>
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Can't think that would matter too much to anyone :-)
Not me anyways
Good luck with your build.
Eagerly awaiting .....
Happy Joggling
samjam

Post by samjam »

jazzmista wrote:So, I'm playing around with the Launcher source! Would anyone mind if the launcher didn't do the zoom in/zoom out thing when you access the applications grid? It would make things quicker & less laggy :)
Yes please. The zooming in cuts off part of the top row of icons for me. (Probably by the size of the status bar at the bottom)
tmohammad

Post by tmohammad »

I have loaded ICS onto my joggler. The wireless keyboard works but the mouse does not. What a shame as it looks quite cool otherwise.

Anyone know if it can be enabled?
thedoctor

Post by thedoctor »

Dear Jazzmista, I have installed the ICS image onto a 16GB USB Stick it boots fine and gets onto the internet without a problem. The only problem I have is the Market. It keep on receiving error (-101) I have tried to follow the instructions you have posted and other users but to avail. I am at a complete lost and really need some help. Many thanks The Doctor
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

thedoctor wrote:Dear Jazzmista, I have installed the ICS image onto a 16GB USB Stick it boots fine and gets onto the internet without a problem. The only problem I have is the Market. It keep on receiving error (-101) I have tried to follow the instructions you have posted and other users but to avail. I am at a complete lost and really need some help. Many thanks The Doctor
Several things can screw up the market. Firstly check your time, date and time zone are all set correctly. If any of these are wrong the market will block you. Try Clock Sync to automate this process on startup (downloaded from the market once you get in).

Secondly if the various elements of your Google Account haven't synced properly you can get blocked. When you first setup the market you need to have hit the accept button as part of the process. Sometimes it does not appear, which again blocks you.

So much could go wrong. If you can't get in reflash the image and try again. Or wait for Jazzmod v2!
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
samjam

Post by samjam »

And... if we can, proper google-calendar syncing, not just activesync.
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

samjam wrote:And... if we can, proper google-calendar syncing, not just activesync.
I'll do my best :)

In other news, I've got compiling sorted out and I've made a couple of tweaks already. Now for the bad news:
I've got exams coming up in a couple of weeks so I'm going to be spending less time on this - sorry. Thank you all for being so patient for so long...
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

jazzmista wrote:
samjam wrote:And... if we can, proper google-calendar syncing, not just activesync.
I'll do my best :)

In other news, I've got compiling sorted out and I've made a couple of tweaks already. Now for the bad news:
I've got exams coming up in a couple of weeks so I'm going to be spending less time on this - sorry. Thank you all for being so patient for so long...
Good luck!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

2nd that Dave good luck Jazzmista see you on the other side ....
:-)
Happy Joggling
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Thanks!
BubaMan

Post by BubaMan »

thedoctor wrote:It keep on receiving error (-101)
Long-time lurker's 1st post...
I struggled with the 101 error for a while but I found a solution...
I stopped GoogleServicesFramework, cleared the data and uninstalled it and installed this one:
http://blog.gambliser.com/dl/?p=45

All working :D

Keep up the great work!
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

This is probably a really stupid question, but I can't get the Android image to boot at all: It keeps booting to the normal O2 system.

This is what I did:
1) Got an 8GB USB flash drive and formatted it as FAT32, all one partition
2) Downloaded the zip file from https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-GfWj ... U2YjY4NzBi
3) Unzipped it, which creates a folder called ICS USB, which in turn contains folders called __MACOSX and ICS USB
4) Downloaded https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer, unzipped it and ran Win32DiskImager.exe from the unzipped folder.
5) Selected the image file ICS USB\ICS USB\android\data.img, clicked on Write. After the "Written OK" message appeared, clicked on the "OK".
6) Repeated step 5 for initrd, install, ramdisk, sdcard & system.img. I didn't do anything with kernel, as it is not an img file.
7) Ejected drive and put it in the Joggler. Powered Joggler off/on.
8) After displaying black screen with "O2" in the middle for a few seconds, the Joggler boots to the normal O2 system.

I tried booting the Joggler a few times with the drive attached. No dice. I reformatted the drive again. Still no dice.

Do I have to prepare the Joggler in any way? (Do something to root it maybe?) Do I have to copy any files to the root of the flash drive? Or am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks
dewey

Post by dewey »

mohansen wrote:Per an earlier post in this thread. You must do SU first before the commands below work.
ifconfig eth0 hw ether 0e:1c:22:xx:xx:xx
netcfg eth0 dhcp

added the below step to get dns to work in the browser
setprop net:dns1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
This doesn't persist over reboots. How can I automate it?
BubaMan

Post by BubaMan »

michaelh wrote:3) Unzipped it, which creates a folder called ICS USB, which in turn contains folders called __MACOSX and ICS USB
5) Selected the image file ICS USB\ICS USB\android\data.img, clicked on Write. After the "Written OK" message appeared, clicked on the "OK".
6) Repeated step 5 for initrd, install, ramdisk, sdcard & system.img. I didn't do anything with kernel, as it is not an img file.
Where did you get those steps?
The zip should contain "jazzmod01.img" which you need to write to your USB stick with Win32DiskImager.
Unplug it, stick it in the Joggler & reboot and it should work.
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

Thanks for the reply: The zip file I downloaded didn't contain that img file. Can you please post a link to the correct zip file? Thanks very much.
BubaMan

Post by BubaMan »

michaelh wrote:Thanks for the reply: The zip file I downloaded didn't contain that img file. Can you please post a link to the correct zip file? Thanks very much.
In the 1st post: http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/android/jazzmod01.7z
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

BubaMan wrote:
michaelh wrote:Thanks for the reply: The zip file I downloaded didn't contain that img file. Can you please post a link to the correct zip file? Thanks very much.
In the 1st post: http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/android/jazzmod01.7z
Great - thanks again. I'll try that later.
jasper1983

Post by jasper1983 »

Hi,

Sorry this maybe a noob question, but I am also having issues getting this to run on my joggler.

I have downloaded and unpacked the image and written onto an 8g micro usb card in an usb adaptor using win 32. this did not boot and eventually booted into the o2 software, I have tried writing and booting a couple of times and have tried another micro sd card but no joy.

Am I missing anything different from what is on the front page?

Thanks
BubaMan

Post by BubaMan »

jasper1983 wrote:Am I missing anything different from what is on the front page?
Assuming you're writing "jazzmod01.img", no.
Perhaps there's a problem with your MicroUSB reader?
Try a 4GB or bigger USB stick if you have one.