JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
samjam

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by samjam »

The new PnP MK II joggler build mentioned here http://jtlog.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/m ... -upgrades/ also has a new action to actually blank the screen backlight so that the device can be used as a bedside clock.

It would be great to be able to turn off the screen under android too.

But, thanks very much for what you have done.
mangodan2003

Post by mangodan2003 »

Can somebody test and let me know if the following simple html still crashes the browser with this build.

Its the mobile.changePage that triggers it to crash.

Many thanks

Code: Select all

<html>
 <head>
  <meta charset="utf-8" />
  <title>Test</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.0.1/jquery.mobile-1.0.1.min.css" />
  <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
  <script src="http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.0.1/jquery.mobile-1.0.1.min.js"></script>
 </head>

<body>
  <div data-role="page" id="page1">
   <div data-role="content">Test</div>
  </div>
  <script>
	$(document).ready(function () {
    		$.mobile.changePage('#page1', null,false,false);

});
  </script> 
 </body>
</html>
samjam

Post by samjam »

Is this build based on cyanogenmod?
FyodorNinian

Post by FyodorNinian »

Still loving this build. It's been really stable for me on a couple of jogglers and almost all of the apps I've tried have worked. Many thanks :-)

If it had the option to turn the screen off it would be not far from perfect :-)

Do we know when we're likely to see the next release - 1.1 ?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Mijuu released a newer version of ICS
, http://www.mporting.com/
but i have not had much success trying to install ,so i dont know what issues it fixes ,i think it needs someone who has the skills , not me lol ,to get it going.
The above build is Mijuu's latest work on ICS
Happy Joggling
tjkwood

Post by tjkwood »

In respinse to hawsey, I struggled with the instructions for Mijuu's 2nd alpha, but got it working eventually. I've zipped up the correct combination of files - unzip the contents to a FAT formatted USB of at least 2GB and plug into your Joggler, then power up and it'll boot straight into ICS. Not quite sure why but it'll boot into Afrikaans, so just go through the intro quickly and find the settings in the menu (the icon with little sliders) and find the 'Taal' section - you can change into English there. Hope this helps :)

Download link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7Olv6 ... EFoWVFmaWM
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

tjkwood wrote:In respinse to hawsey, I struggled with the instructions for Mijuu's 2nd alpha, but got it working eventually. I've zipped up the correct combination of files - unzip the contents to a FAT formatted USB of at least 2GB and plug into your Joggler, then power up and it'll boot straight into ICS. Not quite sure why but it'll boot into Afrikaans, so just go through the intro quickly and find the settings in the menu (the icon with little sliders) and find the 'Taal' section - you can change into English there. Hope this helps :)

Cheers tjkwood am extracting to a stick now and will give it a try on my break today :D .
I had tried to just write the above mijuu release over the top of Jazzmod in the hope that all the good work Jazz did ie working playstore etc would be retained , but i think i did something wrong !!
Happy Joggling
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

hawsey wrote:
tjkwood wrote:In respinse to hawsey, I struggled with the instructions for Mijuu's 2nd alpha, but got it working eventually. I've zipped up the correct combination of files - unzip the contents to a FAT formatted USB of at least 2GB and plug into your Joggler, then power up and it'll boot straight into ICS. Not quite sure why but it'll boot into Afrikaans, so just go through the intro quickly and find the settings in the menu (the icon with little sliders) and find the 'Taal' section - you can change into English there. Hope this helps :)

Cheers tjkwood am extracting to a stick now and will give it a try on my break today :D .
I had tried to just write the above mijuu release over the top of Jazzmod in the hope that all the good work Jazz did ie working playstore etc would be retained , but i think i did something wrong !!

I've got Alpha 2 running over JazzMod 1 at the moment :)

I'm currently having issues compiling ICS, but I'll keep on trying!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks for posting that m8, I gave it a try but it just keeps crashing!
The original Jazzmod I have is still going five tho,
Jazz any chance of putting you updated image up on here ?
I have tried and failed to do it myself :-(
Thx
Happy Joggling
deviousrich

Post by deviousrich »

wow! just installed this build and it just works and its quick. very impressed.

so now my daft questions:

how do i change the timezone on the clock - it gets the network time right but wants me to be in PST by the looks rather than GMT?

sometimes the sound cuts out - anyone else experianced this or is it just me?
might be linked:
upnpplayer - anyone got this to work - doesnt seem to play any mp3s?
deviousrich

Post by deviousrich »

ok - timezone thing was just me being daft - use network timezone was checked! dohh.

still cant get any music to play though...?
samjam

Post by samjam »

jazzmista wrote:
I'm currently having issues compiling ICS, but I'll keep on trying!
Thanks, jazzmista
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Hi all,

Been pretty busy over the past few days, so I didn't get much done - until I sat down on Friday night, where I accidentally deleted the ICS repo while messing around with VMs in Ubuntu. Unhappy is an understatement...

So, I'm going to re-download the repo tomorrow (while my PC isn't being used) and start from scratch!

My my, isn't development fun :P
hawsey wrote:Thanks for posting that m8, I gave it a try but it just keeps crashing!
The original Jazzmod I have is still going five tho,
Jazz any chance of putting you updated image up on here ?
I have tried and failed to do it myself :-(
Thx
Don't worry, JazzMod 2 will be out as soon as I can get my act together!

deviousrich wrote:wow! just installed this build and it just works and its quick. very impressed.

so now my daft questions:

how do i change the timezone on the clock - it gets the network time right but wants me to be in PST by the looks rather than GMT?

sometimes the sound cuts out - anyone else experianced this or is it just me?
might be linked:
Sound could be something to do with Voodoo Sound Drivers - can anyone else confirm?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Keep up the good work Jazzmista :D
Happy Joggling
deviousrich

Post by deviousrich »

jazzmista wrote:
deviousrich wrote:sometimes the sound cuts out - anyone else experianced this or is it just me?
might be linked:
Sound could be something to do with Voodoo Sound Drivers - can anyone else confirm?
ive tried on a couple of jogglers now and it seems the same
system sounds seem to run okay and then it appears the driver crashes as it stops making noise, and then comes back (as if the system re-loaded the driver)

but then on top of that i cant find any uPnP apps that will actually play MP3 on joggler. the same apps work on googleTV and phones and run on joggler (discovers devices, shows songs etc) but when you press play they either crash out or just sit there.

no one else trying to play music through ICS on a joggler?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I,m pretty sure doods streamer works and bubble upnp streaming from revo is fine, r u trying to play files over network?
I will double check this tonight for you.
Happy Joggling
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

I could not get doods music streamer to work, would just force close on me, is it working now?

I
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
deviousrich

Post by deviousrich »

hawsey wrote:I,m pretty sure doods streamer works and bubble upnp streaming from revo is fine, r u trying to play files over network?
I will double check this tonight for you.

yeah im over network, tried upnpPlayer which did everything but play! and a couple of other plays which forced close :(
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yep. Dan doods is iffy now!! Bubble upnp working fine now wireless on over network to revo running openelec.
Happy Joggling
deviousrich

Post by deviousrich »

hawsey wrote:Yep. Dan doods is iffy now!! Bubble upnp working fine now wireless on over network to revo running openelec.
hmm, i wonder why mine isnt working then. i tried bubbleUnp and got the same thing; the app works and run and can see all my DLNA devices but once ive actaully selected a song to play it just sits there.