JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
danfoshizzle

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by danfoshizzle »

Awesome news! x86 android in general should be getting better soon once the arm emulator layer of bluestacks beta is figured out.

(my personal speculation, but it should be) :D
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

danfoshizzle wrote:Awesome news! x86 android in general should be getting better soon once the arm emulator layer of bluestacks beta is figured out.

I think so as well :D

Source downloaded, applying patches and building at the moment.
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

jazzmista wrote:
danfoshizzle wrote:Awesome news! x86 android in general should be getting better soon once the arm emulator layer of bluestacks beta is figured out.

I think so as well :D

Source downloaded, applying patches and building at the moment.
Source downloaded and disappeared... :o

It's not in the android-x86 folder - I don't have a clue where it is!

EDIT: Found it, it extracted into my home directory for some strange reason :O
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Glad you found it mate! good luck
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
mohansen

Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by mohansen »

While waiting for the next update I am still working on getting Ethernet to work on ICS. I have gotten so far as enabling Ethernet, seeing that I get an ip address and dns servers via dhcp. All confirmed with getprop.

Can ping anywhere but cannot get DNS to resolve anything. Seems like I need to enable the DNS for Ethernet.

Any thoughts?
fartface

Post by fartface »

Will you try to get Bluetooth working in your new release?
mohansen

Post by mohansen »

Quick update. We were able to get DNS working with Ethernet. Market is still not working. Will post steps once we get market working.
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

Very impressed with the ethernet work.

I'll be giving this a build a try as once market is sorted.
mohansen

Post by mohansen »

Still new to Android but found an interesting problem with the Ethernet configuration. DNS works now on Ethernet and able to browse but cannot ping using DNS names (in terminal window). Ping using ip addresses work fine.

Also tried to download an apk directly from a website and it tries to download. It never errors out but also doesn't download.
trickydickie

Post by trickydickie »

mohansen wrote:Still new to Android but found an interesting problem with the Ethernet configuration. DNS works now on Ethernet and able to browse but cannot ping using DNS names (in terminal window). Ping using ip addresses work fine.
When you say "DNS works now on Ethernet", how do you know ? Does using nslookup on an URL give an IP address ? I wonder if enabling wifi to set up the dns, then switching of wifi and connecting via cable to the same network could get things working. I might try that when I get chance.

Oh Sorry, I just noticed you say you were able to browse via wired ethernet. Care to share how you got this working ?

It's wierd how ping isn't able to use DNS
Cheers
mohansen

Post by mohansen »

Per an earlier post in this thread. You must do SU first before the commands below work.
ifconfig eth0 hw ether 0e:1c:22:xx:xx:xx
netcfg eth0 dhcp

added the below step to get dns to work in the browser
setprop net:dns1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
atennant

Post by atennant »

setprop net.dns1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

looks like the ":" was a typo....
samjam

Post by samjam »

This is great!
Thanks to all those who were involved.

The only weirdness I note is that the home screen seems to enlarge itself a little too much at times so the outer border is missing. This may be related to a red border I also see.
samjam

Post by samjam »

Hmmm.. I can't find a nice way to reboot.
Even typing into a terminal window:

su
reboot

Does not work.
samjam

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK DOW

Post by samjam »

danfoshizzle wrote:try downloading the latest GAPPS from the internet, http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ that should install gmail for you, but it may also reinstall market.
What should we do with this? With Clockwork Mod on my phone, I would install it as an update, but I don't have that for the jogger?

Do I just unzip it in the root dir after re-mounting rw ?

What I'm trying to do is have calendar and contacts sync to my google account.
atennant

Post by atennant »

Experts,

The hardware we have is not identical to the Joggler, but it is an OpenPeak device of very similary form factor. It does appear that it has a different wireless radio than the Joggler proper.

A couple of questions on this ICS build. I know with previous builds, I've been able to gunzip/cpio the ramdisk.img, make modifications to the init.rc, and re-cpio the ramdisk. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443994). I wanted to do that to make the eth0 changes outlined above, but that process doesn't work with this latest ICS build, as the ramdisk.img is not in a gzip format. Any suggestions?

Secondly, as this is slightly different hardware, the wireless adapter is definitely different than the standard Joggler. When I run an lspci -n I can verify that the device has a bcm43225 Chipset. From what I can tell, the appropriate driver for this would be the brcmsmac, but when I copy brcmsmac to the device, and run insmod.ko, it failes to load. If I do have the hardware properly identified, what's the best way to find the correct wireless driver and to get it loaded up?

Thanks!!
Andrew

Also,

Running an lspci
samjam

Post by samjam »

I also get lots of:

"Unfortunately, System UI has stopped" when I have applications that fill only the left side of the screen.

This gets into a loop and I have to use ADB to kill the application and then wait for the status bar to appear.

The app "Snake" by J Robbins is good at causing this problem.
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Hi all,

I've been away for the past week (got back late last night!). I'll start building again today.

Great work with the ethernet mohansen! Do you mind if I include that in the next build?
atennant

Post by atennant »

jazzmista,

Could you please include it on the next build? We'd greatly appreciate it. Also if possible, could you include an additional wireless driver for the particular broadcom wireless hardware we have in these devices (mohansen and I)? Again, it appears to be a broadcom BCM43225 and from what I can tell, it would use the bcrmsmac.ko driver.

Thanks!!
Andrew
mohansen

Post by mohansen »

Anything you can do to enable both the wireless and/or Ethernet on the Openpeak 7E platform would be great.