JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jazzmista

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by jazzmista »

Hi all - apologies for not being online recently - I was on holiday. I've also come down with some form of illness, so that has hampered things a bit!

Regarding JazzMod v 1.1 - for the next release, I intend to apply kernel tweaks, so I am going to ask Mijuu to make the project open-source so I can add tweaks and compile myself. I also want to incorporate jp_hero's tweaks etc. into the project (once I receive them :-) )

Jamie (sent from JazzMod :-P)
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Lol, just sent you a tweet this morning, glad to hear you are doing a v1.1!
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
iceman

Post by iceman »

I downloaded and extracted jazzmod01.img.
After that, i dd (i use linux) the file on my 4GB USB thumb:

sudo dd if=jazzmod01.img of=/dev/sdb

The command finish its job with "No space left on device".
This is the fdisk size of thumb.
/dev/sdb: 3959 MB, 3959422976 byte

If i disconnect and reconnect my usb thumb, there are three partitions mounted: efi boot, app and android. All seems to be good but the usb thumb won't boot on joggler (10 seconds and after it reboot and load O2 os...)
I didn't understand what could be the problem... (i use Linux Mint on another one usb thumb of same size on this joggler, following the same command above)
Any idea?
swifty

Post by swifty »

I have some stagefright libs that will allow use of streaming media (should do Youtube too but haven't tried it yet)
I've been using them on my joggler for a few days and haven't seen any adverse effects - works brilliantly with bubbleupnp, just need to find a video player that works on x86! :)

I'll gather the libs together soon and post them for inclusion / anyone that wants them...

I'm going to have a look at making a 'lockscreen' so to speak that will intercept the lockscreen timeout and display a dimmed screen with a clock (which occasionally moves around) that will 'wake' when its touched to get around any issues with screenburn as my jogglers are on 24x7
If it comes to fruition I'll post the APK up...
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

iceman wrote:I downloaded and extracted jazzmod01.img.
After that, i dd (i use linux) the file on my 4GB USB thumb:

sudo dd if=jazzmod01.img of=/dev/sdb

The command finish its job with "No space left on device".
This is the fdisk size of thumb.
/dev/sdb: 3959 MB, 3959422976 byte

If i disconnect and reconnect my usb thumb, there are three partitions mounted: efi boot, app and android. All seems to be good but the usb thumb won't boot on joggler (10 seconds and after it reboot and load O2 os...)
I didn't understand what could be the problem... (i use Linux Mint on another one usb thumb of same size on this joggler, following the same command above)
Any idea?
I'm not quite sure as I always use Win32DiskImager (I dual-boot Windows/Ubuntu 11.10) to write images to USB. Do you have access to a Windows machine?
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

swifty wrote:I have some stagefright libs that will allow use of streaming media (should do Youtube too but haven't tried it yet)
I've been using them on my joggler for a few days and haven't seen any adverse effects - works brilliantly with bubbleupnp, just need to find a video player that works on x86! :)

I'll gather the libs together soon and post them for inclusion / anyone that wants them...

I'm going to have a look at making a 'lockscreen' so to speak that will intercept the lockscreen timeout and display a dimmed screen with a clock (which occasionally moves around) that will 'wake' when its touched to get around any issues with screenburn as my jogglers are on 24x7
Sounds awesome - I'd love to include those in JazzMod :-D! I'll have to add a credits section for JazzMod 1.1...
iceman

Post by iceman »

I'm trying just now... let you know news within minutes...
iceman

Post by iceman »

Nothing... there is not enough space on device... it's a 4gb micro-sdhc...
Attachments
Immagine.png
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

iceman wrote:Nothing... there is not enough space on device... it's a 4gb micro-sdhc...
I'm not sure then - it works perfectly well on my 3.8GB USB! Does Mijuu's original ICS work on it?
iceman

Post by iceman »

The problem was the thumb size, not dd command on linux. I put a 8gb thumb and it worked (with dd!)
Probably you have to shrink last partition of 100mb, just to be sure...

Anyway, i'm tryin' to watch some avi/mpg4 file, but i didn't find anything on market (i remember a nice app called RockPlayer but probably it's not available for x86 platform)
Any idea?
iceman

Post by iceman »

I suppose there is nothing to do... no way to get a video player... :-(
RyFish

Post by RyFish »

jeffers wrote:
Fixed the timezone issue:
Needed to change some properties so created a /data/local.prop containing:

persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=GB
persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB

Jeff
Hi, new here but can't find any other mention of this: how do you create the local.prop file? I saved it in the data folder on the 'sd card' but it didn't work, and I can't save it in the root data folder due to a lack of permissions. Could you possibly tell me where and how I should make this change?

Many thanks, Ryan
bally3

Post by bally3 »

swifty wrote:I have some stagefright libs that will allow use of streaming media (should do Youtube too but haven't tried it yet)

both these would be great!

i tried installing Chrome onto it but it wouldnt install.. came up with a parse error.. anyone else tried?
RyFish

Post by RyFish »

Has anyone managed to get Google Reader working? Every time I try and select a user account to use, it closes with an "Unfortunately, Android System has stopped" error.
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

jazzmista wrote:Hi all - apologies for not being online recently - I was on holiday. I've also come down with some form of illness, so that has hampered things a bit!

Regarding JazzMod v 1.1 - for the next release, I intend to apply kernel tweaks, so I am going to ask Mijuu to make the project open-source so I can add tweaks and compile myself. I also want to incorporate jp_hero's tweaks etc. into the project (once I receive them :-) )

Glad your back in the game. I have a few things in mind.
We mainly need to get the googleservicesframework.apk and the vending.apk installed under system/app then anything with Google account details won't crash. It should everything more stable.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

jp_hero wrote:
jazzmista wrote:Hi all - apologies for not being online recently - I was on holiday. I've also come down with some form of illness, so that has hampered things a bit!

Glad your back in the game. I have a few things in mind.
We mainly need to get the googleservicesframework.apk and the vending.apk installed under system/app then anything with Google account details won't crash. It should everything more stable.
I need to apologise again - I've been working on another Android project (designing the website for a CM7 based Android ROM) that's taken up all of my free time :-(

We do need to push the framework to /system/app in 1.1, it will make things a lot more stable. I've asked Mijuu if it would be possible to release the source (about 5 minutes ago - I forgot!) so I'll see what he has to say about it!
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

I still haven't had a response off Mijuu, so I think the next build of JazzMod won't be self-compiled :-(
anonyx

Post by anonyx »

Doesn't fit on 4GB so that's an evening wasted.
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

anonyx wrote:Doesn't fit on 4GB so that's an evening wasted.
It fits on mine? What is the stick formatted as?
cbredfred

Post by cbredfred »

iceman wrote:Anyway, i'm tryin' to watch some avi/mpg4 file, but i didn't find anything on market (i remember a nice app called RockPlayer but probably it's not available for x86 platform)
Any idea?
Did you have any luck finding a video player that works?