JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
gegs

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by gegs »

Is there a working link to a later version than alpha 1 on the forum? The alpha 2 link doesn't work for me and the alpha 1 version UI keeps crashing. Before it crashes it's great.

--- EDIT ---
Never mind! I found it on tjkwood's post on page 10 of this thread.
Maybe jazzmista should add it to the 1st post.
ominus

Post by ominus »

Mijuu Alpha 3 is out ..

http://www.mporting.com/2012/06/ics-4-0 ... er-alpha3/

Extracted it over my current installation .. seems to work fine but didn't notice anything different as it appears most of the changes are the inclusion of the ARM emulation libraries for x86 Android and the slight upgrade to ICS 4.0.4.

Spotify finally loads, but can't log in. Admittedly I am trying the Spotify beta .. I need to get the final version off my GS2

*Edit*

Final version of Spotify doesn't work either .. just cannot log in
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Is this release still being tweaked or has everybody gone over to one of the later alphas?

Still looking for a shutdown app and timezone fix/workaround - can anybody confirm if one of the other releases fixes either or both?
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

QuackingPlums wrote:Is this release still being tweaked or has everybody gone over to one of the later alphas?

Still looking for a shutdown app and timezone fix/workaround - can anybody confirm if one of the other releases fixes either or both?
While I fix my compiling issues I would recommend that people migrate onto Alpha 3. The last good JazzMod build (which was a while back) had a timezone fix, but no shutdown app - I hope to include both in JazzMod v2.0 as well as OpenPeak 7E wireless support.
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Oh, I must have missed the build with the timezone fix. Is that the one linked from the first post or is it buried within one of the previous 14 pages?

Does Alpha 3 contain both a timezone fix and shutdown capability or is it just a later release of the OS? If there's no significant difference to my current release then I'm happy to stay with JazzMod v1.x for now - unless you tell me that v2.0 is postponed indefinitely! :)

Thanks for the reply!
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

any eta on jazzmod v2??

Just put ICS onto my Galaxy S and getting more and more used to it so thinking of taking the step with the joggler also.

been using a version of 2.2.2 for a while now, works flawlessly and stays on for months happily showing my emails and calendar....
kappa__2

Post by kappa__2 »

@ jazzmista

Hey, i have found this:

Code: Select all

http://en.archermind.com/column_sim.php?id=2011121917424888
I think it's a new EGMD driver for android. Does it helps for better video support?

Regards
jazzmista

Re: JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

Post by jazzmista »

miccheck1516 wrote:any eta on jazzmod v2??

Just put ICS onto my Galaxy S and getting more and more used to it so thinking of taking the step with the joggler also.

been using a version of 2.2.2 for a while now, works flawlessly and stays on for months happily showing my emails and calendar....
I've switched over to to a InDev system, so I can say that InDev 1 (with no additional features, just a proof of concept) will be coming soon, with InDev 2 (with more features) coming sometime in August.
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

jazzmista wrote:
miccheck1516 wrote:any eta on jazzmod v2??

I've switched over to to a InDev system, so I can say that InDev 1 (with no additional features, just a proof of concept) will be coming soon, with InDev 2 (with more features) coming sometime in August.

Imagine my suprise after being away for two weeks and seeing this!

wonderful!

between this, the new TVCatchup app, and my raspberry pi, I have fallen very far behind! good job I have a week off to try and get caught up! :lol:
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Ok, am I missing something here:

I have been so far unable to back-up my USB stick because I cannot shutdown ICS. The first few times I tried to do so (by simply pulling the plug and yanking out the stick) the backup was unsuccessful, which I attributed to me being an idiot with the imaging tool.

I've since noticed that this build will fail to boot after at most two or three reboots - whether that's caused by a power cut or me pulling the plug. I've concluded that actually I've probably just been backing up a duff stick.

I'm now fed-up of having to re-image my stick and download all my apps again - is there a way to safely shutdown ICS in the absence of a shutdown command?
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

QuackingPlums wrote:Ok, am I missing something here:

I have been so far unable to back-up my USB stick because I cannot shutdown ICS. The first few times I tried to do so (by simply pulling the plug and yanking out the stick) the backup was unsuccessful, which I attributed to me being an idiot with the imaging tool.

I've since noticed that this build will fail to boot after at most two or three reboots - whether that's caused by a power cut or me pulling the plug. I've concluded that actually I've probably just been backing up a duff stick.

I'm now fed-up of having to re-image my stick and download all my apps again - is there a way to safely shutdown ICS in the absence of a shutdown command?
I'm working on adding shutdown support at this very moment. I understand it's a pain not being able to shut ICS down properly (what with all the issues that you mentioned) so I'm trying to find a solution!
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

jazzmista wrote:I'm working on adding shutdown support at this very moment. I understand it's a pain not being able to shut ICS down properly (what with all the issues that you mentioned) so I'm trying to find a solution!
Oh ok, I wasn't rushing you or anything. I just suddenly thought that maybe I didn't get the memo about the workaround to this...! :oops:

If everybody is suffering the same then I'll wait patiently for the update - I *am* fidgeting like a kid on xmas morning though...! :lol:
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

QuackingPlums wrote:
jazzmista wrote:I'm working on adding shutdown support at this very moment. I understand it's a pain not being able to shut ICS down properly (what with all the issues that you mentioned) so I'm trying to find a solution!
Oh ok, I wasn't rushing you or anything. I just suddenly thought that maybe I didn't get the memo about the workaround to this...! :oops:

If everybody is suffering the same then I'll wait patiently for the update - I *am* fidgeting like a kid on xmas morning though...! :lol:
Heh, if my work makes people feel like this then I'm satisfied :lol:

Apparently you have to press the physical power button twice to activate the shutdown menu in Android-x86, so it's just a case of finding a workaround for those of us with no buttons - now we have root and Superuser this should be fairly simple. We could even use Button Savior - in fact, you can configure it just to display a shutdown button...
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

I quickly installed the free version of Button Saviour over the weekend - the virtual power button just takes me to the lock screen, and there's no means for me to 'double tap' this.
Can anybody confirm if the full version of Button Saviour has a separate shutdown button that can activate the shutdown menu?
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

QuackingPlums wrote:I quickly installed the free version of Button Saviour over the weekend - the virtual power button just takes me to the lock screen, and there's no means for me to 'double tap' this.
Can anybody confirm if the full version of Button Saviour has a separate shutdown button that can activate the shutdown menu?
Hmm, I'll try and find another solution.

Sorry, been in Norway (travelled a lot recently!) so haven't got much work done. This isn't vapourware, trust me ;)

Anyway, trying to get Jelly Bean running at the moment - not managed to get it to compile yet though.

Jamie
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

jazzmista wrote:
QuackingPlums wrote:I quickly installed the free version of Button Saviour over the weekend - the virtual power button just takes me to the lock screen, and there's no means for me to 'double tap' this.
Hmm, I'll try and find another solution.

Sorry, been in Norway (travelled a lot recently!) so haven't got much work done. This isn't vapourware, trust me ;)

Anyway, trying to get Jelly Bean running at the moment - not managed to get it to compile yet though.

Jamie
Meh, the Android-x86 version of JB isn't actually Android-x86. Back to ICS it is then...
nitrowing

Post by nitrowing »

jazzmista wrote: Anyway, trying to get Jelly Bean running at the moment - not managed to get it to compile yet though.

Jamie
You are such a bloody tease, I nearly spilt my coffee when I read this! :lol:
Pity it didn't turn out :oops:
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

Any news on when the next version of jazzmod will be out?
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

nitrowing wrote:
jazzmista wrote: Anyway, trying to get Jelly Bean running at the moment - not managed to get it to compile yet though.

Jamie
You are such a bloody tease, I nearly spilt my coffee when I read this! :lol:
Pity it didn't turn out :oops:
Trying to keep people updated does have it's downsides ;)
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

jeffers wrote:Any news on when the next version of jazzmod will be out?
Compiling... just moved to a new build machine so I've got a few issues with the setup.