Alter install script PnP III v3.60 to exclude games?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
riaclark

Alter install script PnP III v3.60 to exclude games?

Post by riaclark »

Hello, I recently was given a Joggler, and have found the forum invaluable, particular with respect to finding PnP III v3.60 July 2017 Update For Joggler which I have implemented. I am using the device in the kitchen purely as a media player, primarily music. I am never going to use the games, and I wondered if there is an elegant way to prevent them being installed.

I think the part of the pnp3op.sh script in /files that installs many of the games is below as opapps.tar as this contains blindspot, bobosnake, brickshex etc.,

#UPDATE OP APP ICONS AND REINSTATE MOST APPS
#Note: Removes OP Youtube app as 'ours' is configureable
echo "Cleaning up..."
cd /openpeak/gui/apps
tar xvf /mnt/files/opapps.tar -C /openpeak/gui/apps

But it also has apps that I want such as op_music, op_photos etc., so I can't simply comment out the line
"tar xvf /mnt/files/opapps.tar -C /openpeak/gui/apps".

Does anyone have any suggestion? This was asked in the forum several years ago, but I couldn't find a conclusive solution. There is a part of the script that controls the menu:-

#SET CUSTOM MENU ORDER
cd /openpeak/gui/mainmenus
rm menuData.cookie
cp -r /mnt/files/menuData.cookieop /openpeak/gui/mainmenus
mv menuData.cookieop menuData.cookie
chmod a+x menuData.cookie

A solution might be to move all the games to the last page, and have the current last page as the second page. Looking at menuData.cookie with a text editor shows mixture of binary stuff and plain text, but the plain stuff does show that this determines the menu order.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Kind regards, Robert
offbeatdave

Re: Alter install script PnP III v3.60 to exclude games?

Post by offbeatdave »

You can edit the XML file which shows the applications, either removing or commenting out the apps you don't want. There are two. I'm not near my archive at the moment so I couldn't tell you exactly, but I thinks there's an applications.XML and another one somewhere - tango/GUI ? I used to know this stuff in my sleep! Now I'm using Jogglers for 3 network photo frames, one for sqpos and one running pihole.
Last edited by offbeatdave on Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

This is sort of related, how do I backup the order of the icons? I always move the "Screen Off" icon to the first screen. But that's about it. I have to keep re-organising it after a reflash.

If I could incorporate this into PnP III that would be fantastic.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Re. The menu order, it's the menuData.cookie file references in the first post of this thread which sets the order, so back it up somewhere (e.g using WinSCP) and then restore it if needed.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!