android, auto dim but never off?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
deepmenace

android, auto dim but never off?

Post by deepmenace »

Hi all,

been away from joggler site for a long while as it's stock OS with perfectly working squeezeplayer was serving my every need!

however, i cant believe how good froyo is! i've contacted all people i made purchase a joggler to tell them im coming around to put an update on :D

anyway, my question is, has anyone found a way to make it so after a set period of idle time the unit goes into a very dim mode?
i have used tasker to make it dim in the hours of night but i'd rather it dimmed after not being touched for 15 mins or so. when i say i mean with the display still visible but at lowest brightness setting.

thanks all.
trevordavies

Re: android, auto dim but never off?

Post by trevordavies »

I used android for a few months, then the flash drive died :-(, I went -back- to linux mint as the screen shutdown to off (not just black) while still responsive to touch is what I missed most.
deepmenace

Re: android, auto dim but never off?

Post by deepmenace »

yeah it is frustrating to see it glaring away in the corner all the time.

i might just get down and dirty with the tasker app - im sure i could create something in there to do what i need, its pretty awesome.