Squeezeplay and server talking without network connection

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
david_f1976

Squeezeplay and server talking without network connection

Post by david_f1976 »

I'm thinking of using one of the Jogglers I recently acquired as a squeeze server and player for someone, running on Xubuntu. However, they don't have, and won't get, a router. After it's set up and installed does anyone know a way to get SqueezePlay to see the localhost version of Logitech Media Server without a network connection?
halfbiscuit

Re: Squeezeplay and server talking without network connectio

Post by halfbiscuit »

Hi - I assume you have tried entering 127.0.0.1 (loopback address). This should be active regardless of whether you have an physical interface up and running.
david_f1976

Post by david_f1976 »

I've been trying to edit the network connection so it uses link-local only - but I can't get the configuration to stick. It keeps changing back to DHCP. Will have another try again this evening
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

In the SqueezePlay settings menu, there's an option somewhere to connect to a remote instance of the server. Perhaps just try entering 127.0.0.1 into that?
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
halfbiscuit

Post by halfbiscuit »

Yes, that is what I meant - can't remember how to get there. I think it is in Settings --> Network.
david_f1976

Post by david_f1976 »

It took several attempts before it connected but entering 127.0.0.1 into Squeezeplay did the trick. Knew it'd be something simple. Thanks for the pointers