3 Faulty Jogglers on Ebay ended today...

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: 3 Faulty Jogglers on Ebay ended today...

Post by roobarb! »

cbredfred wrote:Still only gets as far as the O2 logo.
Odd. If that was the total output, it looked good - the read back from the memory showed all zeros.

I'm a little stumped, I'm afraid.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
DaveJoggler

Post by DaveJoggler »

My batch of Ebay Jogglers have this same issue. Reflash ok but remain stuck at O2 logo.

I haven't tried the 'zero' test yet, but it occurs to me that some bits may not be able to be set to '1' anymore (stuck at '1')
This would pass the zero test. Roobarb what would the equivalent test for an 'all 1s' test?

Does the reflash tool not verify the flash write? If not could that be added? :D
cbredfred

Post by cbredfred »

I already owned 2 Jogglers before I bought my job lot of 3 from ebay.
I have just installed one of their known to be good EFI memory chips into one of my "stuck at O2" Jogglers and it still stays stuck.
I also but the EFI chip from the stuck Joggler into my known to be good Joggler and it works great.
So it's not the EFI chip.
From my understanding that only leaves the 1GB soldered on flash memory as a suspect.
Does anyone know of a memory test that will check it with all 0's and then all 1's?