Squeezeplay via NAS?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
rd07

Squeezeplay via NAS?

Post by rd07 »

Hi, yesterday I installed Squeezeplay on my Joggler using the excellent guide on birds like wires. I'm now accessing music wirelessly on my PC, but don't always want my PC switched on. I have a 1TB WD MyBook with a backup of my music collection on so was wondering if I bought one of these (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/250413) and attached it (effectively making it a NAS), could this work with the joggler?
Quinten

Re: Squeezeplay via NAS?

Post by Quinten »

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Ah, I think I just replied to you on my site. :)

There are some NAS devices that come with Squeezebox Server preinstalled (or are at least compatible). You might want to check the Squeezebox forums or the SBS wikipedia page if you're in the market for new hardware. They should be clued up.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
JonB

Post by JonB »

QNAP products have a SqueezeServer called SSOTS (Squeeze Server On Turbo Station I believe) which I use. It's pretty good, although QNAP are not the cheapest NASses. On the other hand they use very little power and are capable of running web server, email server, surveillance etc. Very feature rich devices.
xbmcnerds.com

Post by xbmcnerds.com »

I have a qnap, too. TS-110.
It does a very good job. Squeezeserver is running fine.