Firmware with DECT support.

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
-=xXx=-

Re: Firmware with DECT support.

Post by -=xXx=- »

One of my devices is same as above, I also mounted images and checked the content, wanted to boot it to see how it's in GUI, Verison on the first boot connecto to their server maybe to check the identity and see if there are no updates, but cause the server is down can't pass the welcome screen. Will dig later into files see if I can modify autorun script, also strange thing if I modify anything under ubuntu, Verison image doesn't boot any more.
pete

Post by pete »

Will look here for an OP which boots to a terminal screen at a command prompt and image that one and upload it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Here is the same Verizon image as above which boots to a terminal window.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akj-Oin7_x0rliUrZKu8q2ON1sKQ
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Thanks...
I'm working now on image with kodi that can feet internal flash if you want you can try first build (min 2gb usb), later I'll create post with all the instructions.(In kodi top left corner is back)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9jyc4l23ql4bsva/kodi.zip

If I'll get mic and DECT working will try to build into this image... will se later.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you xxx...will give it try.

Way back here did run Kodi on the OP2. Worked fine except it would fill up the 2Gb Emmc pretty fast.

If you replace the combo bluetooth and WLAN card with a Broadcom HD card (Broadcom BCM70012) you can stream 1080 movies and TV really nice.

I did it a while ago here for testing streaming TV HDHomerun and Kodi. Thinking they are around $10 on Ebay. Only thing is that it's a bit of a PITA to take apart the OP2.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Gave your KODI build a try writing build to a USB stick. Boots up fine. Audio works. Connected the OP via Gb. Video streaming locks up Kodi.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I see the error is :
ERROR: VAAPI::COutput::CreateEGLContext - Could not make surface current
ERROR: VAAPI::GLMapSurface - Error: the requested function is not implemented(20)

I think Kodi need to be compiled in different way for our great video card, maybe Buzz can help when he'll have some free time.
pete

Post by pete »

Kodi works fine on Buzz's Ubuntu builds (and previous builds) and first OP2 XBMC 2Gb build worked fine except that the DB's would fill up the partition.

Still though works best with a Crystal HD Broadcom mini pcie card in the OP2. I had no issues streaming live TV 1080p with this card installed in the OP2. I can only really do 720 with the stock video GPU in the OP2. Today just stream live TV in low res (SD) to the Joggler HS Touchscreens.

A couple of years ago someone here redid the video streaming stuff for 1080 on the Joggler and it worked when I tested it which involved no kernel mods rather just a rebuild of the video streaming drivers. Went to a long thread at the time.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Buzz kodi version 16.1 is working good with my buid... maybe will make image with it.
pete

Post by pete »

Here had the latest Buzz build on an OP1 with a 16Gb SSD. Moved it to a 64Gb SSD and it appears that my SSD drive is going cuz it boots a times (very slow) then gets trashed so probably putting back the old 16Gb SSD in that test machine. This is a major modded OP1 with a 7 port USB hub and the RTC clock mode plus the SROM changes.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I got 17.6 also working will check the difference later. Will install also some sort od desktop(luncher not to go dirrectly to kodi)
pete

Post by pete »

My current "production" KODI box (Intel Aopen box) uses LUbuntu. I would go lighter than LUbuntu....linux lite or maybe pixel....

Installed a Logitech USB camera on top of the new LCD TV a few months ago and did a Christmas Skype conference call with relatives in the EU using the KODI box.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

For everything that has it's own screen I use android boxes they are very cheap and reliable, for the joggler main idea is to use it as assistant, video phone, and media streaming and of cause experemental box.
pete

Post by pete »

Yes the Joggler / Openpeak devices were ahead of their time in 2009 and well built to last a long time.

Here have 15 Jogglers doing interfaces to the back end automation mothership. (and squeezeplayers and a few running Buzz's Ubuntu).

Always wanted to integrate the automation touchscreens with telephony and using the built in DECT.

Really would be nice if you can get the DECT telephony to work.

Relating to KODI came across a bulk purchase of Aopen digital boxes with embedded XP a few years ago.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Here is the test Joggler that I am using.

Years ago found that the true USB SSD drive worked the best. The ones that I purchased came in large plastic cases such that I removed the case to fit them inside.

Also is a picture of the 64Gb SSD IDE MLC drive. I have had issues with this drive and removing it and trying a low level format and fix on it as I have had many issues with it. The stock SSD drives that I have used are 16 or 32Gb. These work fine.

Also in the pictures notice the tiny RTC in the top left hand corner. This works fine. Note too that the case closes fine with the three devices on the left hand side. The other Jogglers I have just the WLAN card and a 16Gb SSD. Been fine here for years.

Costs added up though relating to the SSD drives which prices are all over the place.

The OP2 does have a battery / rtc. The OP2's and OP1's and O2 Jogglers had a blank non programmed realtek NIC chip. If you program the NIC chip with a MAC address and configuration it will be better. The real SSD USB stick works great. Here a few years ago modded a seagate dock star and initially used two USB stick booting to linux. After about 6 months the USB sticks got trashed so went to using SSD and never had a problem with it afterwards.
joggler1.jpg
joggler2.jpg
This picture is just showing how the SSD card is over the USB SSD card with the RTC on the top and I have no issues here closing up the case. The ZIF cable is long and folds on the motherboard and works fine.
joggler3.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Original Software use flash for phone application, so it would be to much efort to port it. WIll think about workaround, I know the company that prodused DECT chipset also had linux driver but can't find anywhere.
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

If you have any jogglers with Dect running windows you can try this software and see it it detects youyr headset...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d0rczax58 ... 902-EN.zip
pete

Post by pete »

Yes here have 15 Jogglers / OP's running XPe.

Tested software and it shows a USB disconnected on start and a couple of errors.
joggler.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

did it install any driver is dect detected under Xp?
pete

Post by pete »

No it did not install any drivers.

First message is that the USB port is disconnected. It comes up fast then goes to the error message above. I am testing with a new Openpeak DECT phone fully charged.
- Pete

Auto mater