Some thoughts about OS user interfaces

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
holmes

Some thoughts about OS user interfaces

Post by holmes »

Hi,

I have been using Ubuntu 10.10 for almost a year now and am mostly happy with my joggler. It is a "Squeezebox Touch"like device that allows to have a music appliance in my kitchen while streaming music to my real Touch in the lounge.
User interface is however not entirely satisfying. I cannot entirely rely on the touch screen to drive the Joggler.
I have tried Android and Bodhi Linux.
Android is almost perfect: very responsive and ergonomic (I don't have any smartphone so it was a discovery). There is not squeezebox server however and my external sound does not seem to be recognized.
Bodhi Linux could be a good alternative: E17 is very fast as well. There are things a bit weird however. I got stuck while trying to configure something because virtual screen was not allowed a that time. So I don't think it is really usable.
It could be a way to go however. Is there any Gnome or E17 theme as user friendly as Android?