**BUILD 3 - Windows XP Professional SP3 (Plus Tablet PC)**

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: **BUILD 3 - Windows XP Professional SP3 (Plus Tablet PC)

Post by hawsey »

I can't find my standard joggler xp build for you , any takers here ,mevi , Dan ? Would be a shame if it is lost .
:-/
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

I have it archived. I am tight on the Dropbox space and have requested folks sign up using me as a referral such that I get more space.

That said I have put stuff up and taken it down in a few days cuz of the little bit of space.

I will post the last Mevi build on Dropbox in the next day or so. It is an original image which was 3.145 Gb. I zipped it and broke it into 5 easy pieces of 256Mb's.

The files will be linked and posted for one week.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gf1pb4l5prteap/B-vVbAzbEr
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
fh_

Post by fh_ »

@pete
Thank you for the nice XP image.
I got the wired networking partly working with the driver from the first message in this post
http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=852779
fh
pete

Post by pete »

@fh

Yup; playing with Windows 8.1 and still have the issues with the Realtek network driver there.
W81.jpg
Downloaded and installed driver mentioned.

Working!

This is great news!

I have a few of the Jogglers (> 10) running XP SP3 and they are all utilizing the Asix USB NIC. With this "fix" I can reconnect the wireless interface such that I can utilize both and utilize the the Realtek Gb connection which is integrated to the Joggler.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Playing more yesterday with the new / old Realtek NIC driver in Wintel.

It loads up fine with no hardware error. I could get it to work by loading up the regular Realtek driver over it.

That said it survives reboots as long as I keep the Joggler plugged in to power supply.

If I unplug the Joggler and cold boot it with the Realtek driver (currently posted on the Realtek driver page); then the hardware error comes back. I then load up the above mentioned driver and reinstall the new Realtek driver and all is well until the next cold boot up.

Is there some setting for the above mentioned driver that will make it stick on a cold boot up and work?

I will play some more with it.
- Pete

Auto mater
nullpointer

Post by nullpointer »

Is this new realtek driver working on openframe 7? cant get it to work here :(
pete

Post by pete »

My Openframe 7 test device is currently "in a lot of pieces" and not connected to anything.

That said it does have a battery backup for the clock.

Not playing with it right now.

Wondering what else it backs up?

You asking "sparked" me into trying something here. Been wanting a touchscreen in the bathroom. I didn't want to cut a hole in any walls to mount a Joggler in a wall.

That said it would be very low on the WAF to put it on the sink counter top.

The Openframe 7 design appears to have been made to have an easy method to mount on a wall as the current table top pivot comes off very easily.

With the above written; I think I can make a little recessed mounting bracket using a POE connection for the Openframe 7 that would work relating to the WAF; IE: aesthetically pleasing.

Automation and WAF and patience and aesthetically pleasing interplay with each other in this house.
- Pete

Auto mater
nullpointer

Post by nullpointer »

pete wrote: On the Openframe 2 devices I did find xp drivers for the BCM combo bluetooth and wireless pcie card and they are working well wirelessly connected. These include a "USB" driver for the DECT chip which really isn't utilized.
Please, can you upload these drivers (BCM Wireless and USB DECT chip)? I cant find them.
pete

Post by pete »

These include a "USB" driver for the DECT chip which really isn't utilized.
Typo
These include a "USB" driver for the Zigbee chip which really isn't utilized.
I switched my test Openframe 7e devices over to Linux.

I had one build running Windows XP and I will look for the image as its been a long time now since I have played with the Openframe 7e in Wintel.

The exact model number of the BCM combo card is: (that is sitting in my little pile of do whats).
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Bored here decided to revisit an XPe build for the Joggler that I tried a few years back. Tweaked it a bit and its working well with the SSD PATA drive.

Redid all of the booting and stuff on it. Not sure if anybody is interested in it.

Relating to using XP it is much less wear and tear on the SSD drives. I have not seen this with the Linux builds.
- Pete

Auto mater
jimeney

Post by jimeney »

pete wrote:Bored here decided to revisit an XPe build for the Joggler that I tried a few years back. Tweaked it a bit and its working well with the SSD PATA drive.

Redid all of the booting and stuff on it. Not sure if anybody is interested in it.

Relating to using XP it is much less wear and tear on the SSD drives. I have not seen this with the Linux builds.
I'd certainly be interested in giving it a go!
pete

Post by pete »

Here I had tried XPe way back and didn't like it for whatever reasons. Tried it again and like it now. I have redone the booting such that all you see is an Openpeak logo when it boots.

This will not work for the USB booting XP configuration. It is made for the ZIF connected PATA SSD drive. I use the 16Gb SSD version.

@jimeney

Do you have zif connected PATA drives in your XP Jogglers?
- Pete

Auto mater
jimeney

Post by jimeney »

pete wrote:Here I had tried XPe way back and didn't like it for whatever reasons. Tried it again and like it now. I have redone the booting such that all you see is an Openpeak logo when it boots.

This will not work for the USB booting XP configuration. It is made for the ZIF connected PATA SSD drive. I use the 16Gb SSD version.

@jimeney

Do you have zif connected PATA drives in your XP Jogglers?
No, only a USB SSD I'm afraid, will this not work at all?
pete

Post by pete »

Never tested it this way. Windows 7 and 8 works this way also but a bit slower.

That said though my initial tinkering with USB booting stuff went to USB SSD drives which worked much better than regular USB sticks way back.

I then went to small / thin PATA ZIF SSD drives (16/32 Gb).

I am currently playing with a couple of these leaving the wireless stick in place and they get really warm.

There is a fix for the XP Gb NIC drivers which works but only until a cold boot happens or you power off the Joggler.

That said I modded most of mine to using an Asix USB stick outside and glued to the back of the Joggler using the internal USB port or added port.
- Pete

Auto mater
phlak

Re: **BUILD 3 - Windows XP Professional SP3 (Plus Tablet PC)**

Post by phlak »

Hi,
I think this thread slept enough for 3 years. Can anybody post a fresh link with the Windows build for the Joggler?
Thanks a lot!
nullpointer

Post by nullpointer »

phlak wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:39 pm Hi,
I think this thread slept enough for 3 years. Can anybody post a fresh link with the Windows build for the Joggler?
Thanks a lot!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gq391b80 ... .11.img.7z
phlak

Post by phlak »

Thanks (for the exception), nullpointer!