**BUILD 3 - Windows XP Professional SP3 (Plus Tablet PC)**

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Mevi

Re: BUILD 2 - Windows XP Professional SP3 (Plus Tablet PC)

Post by Mevi »

Still downloading... 12hrs left. yawn.

I've registered and waiting for my approval from the moderator. Just reading their comments about us on Jogglerwiki. Funny to read our words translated into Chinese, pasted onto their page, then translated back to english by Google chrome.
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
Jonathan Bowley

Post by Jonathan Bowley »

just a quick interjection to say i really appreciate the ork you guys do on stuff like this so that users like me (used to installing stuff and tinkering until it breaks, and then starting again, but not technically proficient) can benefit. the wife is really happy we have a working kitchen media centre for iplayer (through xmbc) and serving tunes from our NAS. great stuff. thanks again.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

No irony intended, stupid phone not loading pages properly making me think it had not posted is more the case lol

re hipda, i have been a member for a while but posted only once, also posted in english so was probably ignored lol

the xp builds they use over there are real slim,

they refer to us as "the foreigners" lol
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
Mevi

Post by Mevi »

It's good to know that others are benefiting from the work we all put in. :) If I can find a free or open source equivalent to Deep Freeze Standard, you may never need to worry about ever breaking anything! :shock:

The Chinese forum: I'm interested to see how they integrate EWF with XP..... us not being able to use anything but a patched ntldr, I wondered if they have discovered a new way of doing things?

I'm also downloading Win8 developer preview, 32-bit. It does seem to have EFI support, but conflicting messages as to whether it will boot on the briefly supported EFI v1, like the joggler and older Macbooks (sort of) have, OR just EFI 2.0. Worth a punt, anyway.

I'm only hoping to get EFI boot files off the installer and the chances of it getting to the setup screens are already slim, so I'll also add that Windows 8 requires a display of at least 768 pixels high. It ain't gonna run Windows 8. :roll:
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
manxam

Post by manxam »

Mevi, I'm really curious to see how you make out with the XP EWF.. If they have EWF working then I have a chance of getting XPe's HORM working!
pete

Post by pete »

Jonathan,

I too enjoy tinking. Lately its just been tinkering with the house. Most of the tinkering and level of tickering is offset by the WAF (wife acceptance factor). She is very patient with me.

Mevi, Dan and mickchip have brought us some great stuff with the Joggler. They are indeed famous here and have become "Joggler" Wintel celebrities of sorts.

The three will need a promotion manager soon as fans will be clobbering each other to get their autographs.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

doubt that pete lol, gonna try both ewf and minlogon later, but need to clean the house first lol
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Really you guys have become famous.

Have you moved into your new place yet?

Here I just printed my Christmas Cards after spending a week to figure out what to write.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Yeah moved in a few weeks back, thtas why no interent connected yet, only 2 days though lol 16th I rejoin the 21st century lol
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I noticed on my "trip" to the city of Chicago a few weeks ago; bringing my HP Touchpad I could get to free wireless in the three places I went to.

I don't recall if I saw the same in London; at the time was mostly on 3G tethering to my phone with the Laptop; but today I am guessing its different?

Do you ever listen to 964Eagle radio station? Its a bit out of London.

http://www.964eagle.co.uk/
Last edited by pete on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

yeah, most places that offer free wifi are offering for certain mobile networks only, such as o2 and the cloud, so my giffgaff mobile data has taken a battering this past few weeks, still expecting to get a text message saying my number has been barred from the network but have not received one yet lol
more to come!!

danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I have a very old plan; with multiple phones and grandfather'd in all you can eat data and text. But I rarely ding it; unless on vacation.

I'd like to get one of those tiny combo firewall, AP modem SIM card things. I've seen them become miniature now.
Last edited by pete on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

just testing how unlimited the unlimited is if you get what I mean lol
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

Yup...lol
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Been doing lots of side work lately, just finished building a new Graphics driver from the IEMGD Nov 15th intel release, sits untested for the 30 minutes as I need to make coffee, But it apparently brings with it better hd video support, better hd youtube support and improved all round 3d performance also been researching the headphone jack not muting but coming up blank on that front
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

On a side note there seems to have been an "official" announcement of support now for Intel for Android. Not sure if this is old news or new news.

I don't even remember the recent date for the IEMGD drivers from the Intel site. I just kind of remember a waxing and waning of it a bit.

Funny how the ARM CPU has been pushed up there along with Intel; yet I don't hear much from AMD ....

50% done doing the Christmas cards; its a manual effort as I still address the envelopes and write a note inside on the cards.

House is peaceful today; its just Kika (parrot) and I today. Raining here into second day now over an 1" of rain; turning the in between houses areas into little ravines. Warm though; winter is taking a break and fall is back for a bit...
Last edited by pete on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

some manual labour is always more personal.

And intel is cosying up to android lately, should not be long before they release there own drivers
more to come!!

pete

Post by pete »

I remember going to an Intel "show" of sorts a couple of years ago. They had set it up at an automobile race track. Its kind of a housing subdivision here for folks that like to race cars. The houses are all adjacent to the race track and they are built with all the do whats of a automobile repair garage.

Most of the day was related to learning the saftey features of learning to drive on a race track. 30% of the day was Intel speaking about their future and mostly about their integration into the automobiles.

We were able to "test" drive a bunch of new cars (fast 500HP "sedans"). Although they put walkie talkies in the cars and had spotters along the track yelling at us to slow down. Personally like sliding using the car for turns rather than just slowing down. But I did damage the front suspension (fixed) sliding on a turn in my car not too long ago. Banged the wheel when it was at 90 degrees of the turn on a high curb. Scratch it a bit and busted one of 3 suspension arms (wishbones?) connected to one of the wheels. You can't really tell too much when driving; but you can see it if you look.
Last edited by pete on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Pete

Auto mater
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

OK my new graphics drivers are not good lol, getting windows stuttering to a stop lol
more to come!!