network association issues

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
felix wankel

network association issues

Post by felix wankel »

Hi to the forum,
Very pleased to find other Joggler fans.

We had a power cut last night, after which the joggler was working but the radio was making a slight buzzing sound. Anyway, this morning the little unit says its September 21st and I am unable to get the wifi working.

Going throught settings and editing the network, it comes up with my router and says connected, when I tap on it it attempts to associate. It eventually comes up with the message below :-

Unable to associate with the network. This is typical if your network key is incorrect. Please verify your network credentials and check your cable or wifi connection and then try again.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a network key and yes the wifi is working.

help.
dwl99

Re: network association issues

Post by dwl99 »

after your first failed connection tap on Edit & that gives you the chance to select WPA or WPA2, also AES or TKIP encryption. Try some of these permutations & it will eventually connect.
felix wankel

Post by felix wankel »

Hello again,

Good news(ish) joggler is now working, thanks for the help. I re-booted my router and that seems to have fixed it. Problem is I now have no sound, just white noise. Nothing from the internet radio or from a mp3 via a usb drive, any clues ?, sounds like something might be fried inside.

Very grateful for any help again.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Jogglers do this quite often, it seems to be quite random. Try rebooting a few times & that should fix it. Failing that try the sound card fix in Plug'n'Pimp. I would personally recommend using the Joggler with Ubuntu on a USB stick due to the precarious nature of its internal flash memory.