Ubuntu Server for Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Ubuntu Server for Joggler

Post by roobarb! »

--------------------------------------------
Ubuntu Server 10.04.3 (LTS)
Latest Release: 27th October 2011
http://birdslikewires.co.uk/articles/jogglerserver
--------------------------------------------

Just realised that I've not mentioned this on here before. In making the reflashing tool, I needed a fairly small Linux to work from, so I used BuZz's kernel and put together Ubuntu Server 10.04 (LTS) for Joggler. I recently updated it to sort out some wired network issues and thought I'd open a thread on here to give it a little nudge of publicity.

Basically, what you get is Ubuntu Server, on your Joggler, with working ethernet. No graphics drivers (console output on screen only), no wireless drivers; just a basic server.

I won't go on too much here as there's enough detail on the page itself, but if you fancy using your Joggler as a server (and there's no reason you couldn't add in the video drivers to do nice things like display usage information) then this might be for you.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)