remove PnP

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ordessa

remove PnP

Post by ordessa »

I'd like to go back to the base Joggler set and add the Birds like wires Squeezebox..

Nothing wrong with the PnP but I miss the SkyNews icon...and the messaging as we use this as lot to communicate in the family?

Without resorting to Unbunto and restoring the images...can I just de-isntall (keeping the telnet stuff to allow me access)

Me being a Windoze MCSE I'm not great with Linux commands.... whilst I can see how the stuff works I'm not wildly confident!

Steve
spoyser

Re: remove PnP

Post by spoyser »

PnP shouldn't have removed either of those (in fact I believe it shouldn't remove anything)
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

Well I cant find the Sky news icon...and the messaging is there still but doesnt alert...
I just want to go back to basics..and put on a Squeezebox access to my NAs and leave alone..

The PnP is very clean and nice..but I'm not yet 100% happy with its stability (no disrespect meant to the creator,,,who has done a great job)
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

PnP won't have removed the Sky News icon. Have you looked in the Joggler Apps store to see if it can be installed that way? Failing that you could reinstall it using PMJ http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=842 - when the script runs select the second option & just type y for the components you want and n for the ones you don't.

Failing that you could restore each of the Joggler's partitions to a factory fresh state this way http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1160

BUT remember that some Jogglers have died because the internal flash has become faulty, possibly worn out. Some people recommend just using it with a USB stick to extend its longevity.
ajp558

Post by ajp558 »

Another possibility could be that adding PnP has added more apps, more icons, and hence has moved some of the other icons such as Sky new to the 2nd page? Perhaps an unfamiliar user may not know that more apps are on a 2nd page if he/she scrolls to the right.
chelseagirl

Post by chelseagirl »

Could be that you installed the OpenPeak skin which would change the look of all the icons. Try uninstalling that and they may well reappear!
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

it was that...
remove the PNP skin and got back what I needed