Google Home and LMS

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
castalla

Google Home and LMS

Post by castalla »

Just a note: Google Home (and Mini) works fine as a player with the chromecastbridge plugin on LMS.
hawsey

Re: Google Home and LMS

Post by hawsey »

Ahh just when I'm all Amazon echoed up :-( have you got both Castalla ? Which is the best in your mind anyway ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Yes [ have dots and echo, and now a home mini.

The biggest difference is the sound quality of the mini vs. the dot. Much better, and it has a basic equalizer. It also makes fewer errors in responding. However, the menu of apps/skills is much less than Alexa. Another plus for LMS users is that it can be a speaker player.

Hoping the alexa-LMS skill developer can bring out a google-LMS app in the near future.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I have to confess to having a Google Home, a Home Mini, 2 Echo dots and a full-size Echo on the way! The main differences are:

Echo Dot - excellent for streaming music from your Amazon Music account, can connect to bluetooth speakers, can also buy a rather handy remote for it, home automation more advanced than the Home Mini. Speaker quite tinny, microphones & speech recognition not so good and search function poorer. Does not work with Spotify Free.

Google Home Mini - looks nicer, better speaker, much better searches, microphones more sensitive. No bluetooth but can cast to Chromecast-connected devices. Works with Spotify Free and Play Music (did you know you can upload all your music to Play Music for free?). Integrates with Google account.

On balance I would say that the Google Home Mini is the better product but the Echo Dot is a better music player.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Haven't tried it, but I think the google mini has bluetooth also
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

castalla wrote:Yes [ have dots and echo, and now a home mini.

The biggest difference is the sound quality of the mini vs. the dot. Much better, and it has a basic equalizer. It also makes fewer errors in responding. However, the menu of apps/skills is much less than Alexa. Another plus for LMS users is that it can be a speaker player.

Hoping the alexa-LMS skill developer can bring out a google-LMS app in the near future.
The Dev for Alexa / LMS is asking for Beta testers to PM him for a future release , he must be busy again with the app / skill for Alexa :-)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling