Nothing on screen at all

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Royston8791

Nothing on screen at all

Post by Royston8791 »

Not had my juggler that long was a £20 buy few weeks ago as I'd never seen one before so I got it home had bit mess with settings and stuff but now it wont come on the screen. You can clearly see the green light in back when power is on bit nothing on screen. Any help pleases thanks
pete

Re: Nothing on screen at all

Post by pete »

Darken the room and look at the screen on the Joggler. Do you see the glow of the backlight.

Next in a regularly lite room start it up and look at the screen at an angle to look for any graphics.

A not lighting up back light on an LCD screen will still show graphics and text.

When you first plug it in do you see the O2 logo at all?

Open the Joggler up.

Search on You tube for process. There is a step by step.

When open check all of the touchscreen cables to make sure they are plugged in correctly. I have seen them moved and disconnected when shipped. I have also seen the USB wireless stick moved and almost falling out of the plug.

If you see the screen is working after playing a bit then maybe you need a rewrite of the memory inside (eMMC). Create a new boot USB stick and try it. Read this on how to do that.

Openpeak Firmware

https://birdslikewires.uk/openpeak-firmware
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Royston8791

Post by Royston8791 »

Ok thanks I took back off all wires and connections seem in place as for checking screen there is no light what so ever nor does the o2 logo appear. So with nothing still coming on screen or looking like its got power is there any point in trying to boot it from a USB with new firmware? I do have some knowledge of firmware and OS's also with ins and outs of phones,tabs,etc. Like I said id never seen one before so not 100% sure how to go about it. Thanks for the help by the way.
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Can you check the power supply output? Is it the correct supply?
pete

Post by pete »

Power supply has to be 5VDC for O2 Joggler to work. Default Openpeak PS is around 4 AMPs.

Typically over voltage like 12VDC will blow the soldered on the motherboard fuse.

Did you ever see the Joggler work?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater