No wifi on my Joggler?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pukington

No wifi on my Joggler?

Post by pukington »

Hey Guys!

I've just taken my Joggler out a box as moved half way around the world. I use my Joggler most days, as it's plugged via a dac into my hifi, I use it for Spotify mainly.

So on turning on, booted okay, gone to settings, search for wifi and it's not finding any signals, none at all. Thought it a bit odd. Ended up back here, so thought i'd install 3.60, that went well. Same problem, an empty wifi signal screen when searching.

I'm sure i've been against this before, but for the life of me can't remember. I think i destroyed the ethernet port when I took it apart once before so this doesn't help me either.

I'm using a new router, a Virgin Media Superhub, i'm wondering if it's either on a channel or broadcasting a signal the Joggler isn't picking up.

Anyone got any ideas at all? I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks
pukington

Re: No wifi on my Joggler?

Post by pukington »

So i fixed it!

Okay, so i took the Joggler apart, and found the ribbon cable to the ethernet plug adrift, refitted that and i have working ethernet.

I had to move the joggler closer to my router to connect a short ethernet cable. I played around and it's working quite happily online.

Thought i would test the wifi again, and it's finding other networks, just not my network. Having moved it's spot it must now be picking up my neighbours. So this leads me to think it's the Virgin media superhub i'm using as a router, this jogged my memory to my previous router I had in Australia, that sent out two signals, and it would only pick up one of them and not the other. I'm guessing one must be on 2.5Ghz and the other 5.0Ghz so logged into my router and checked the channels and settings. I found the 2.4Ghz frequency wasn't transmitting with a channel width of 20mhz/40MHz, only 20MHz, I altered it to both, and boom, she found my network. Job done!

I'll leave the thread up incase anyone else comes across a problem with their Virgin Media Superhub 3 and their Joggler.