Mediaserver Debian Version

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
wcndave

Mediaserver Debian Version

Post by wcndave »

Updating a new joggler, and I normally go to http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightl ... hp?ver=7.8 and get the file something like this: logitechmediaserver_7.9.1~1505480690_all.deb

however, that's gone, and it's now 7.9, but the 7.9 version won't unpack due to space, so... I see there are now also 3 other versions in there:

x_86_64
ARM
i386

These are smaller, so will fit, however which one, I would think I need the i386 one, correct?
pete

Re: Mediaserver Debian Version

Post by pete »

Guessing yes.

Here running Mediaserver on my MythTV box which is still running Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit. Just looking at it a couple of days ago there was a message to update to a new version of Mediaserver.

Thinking still today that while Mediaserver runs on the Openframe 2 box; 2Gb of a working MMC space is too small.

My music collection here resides on a NAS box which is different than the main Mediaserver box.

If it is just radio then it'll probably not be an issue.

That is me though.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
wcndave

Post by wcndave »

Oh yes, the mediaserver is on a NAS, however I believe I have to install that to enable "defeat destructive select". However I did now install it, and it did not enable that option under the player settings. Anyone know how to now enable the defeat option?
pete

Post by pete »

Yeah here updated per tickle on the main Squeezeserver page.

Where is the "defeat destructive select" option?

Ahh....see that it is on the squeezebox player and see this in the Squeeze server forum from the second of August...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... yer/page73

Thanks for the suggestion Ralphy! ...but no go. I was previously running 7.7 of LMS due to bugs I had experienced in more recent community versions, but just updated to 7.91 to see if would help with this issue. Unfortunately setting player to Do Not Defeat (or any other destructive Touch-To-Play setting) did not make any difference; I tested settings by changing another item on the player page - Play Other Songs in Album - and yes, the PiCorePlayer responded to the change.

It seems to me that the problem is related to the selected song holding touch focus during and after the confirmation "Song Added" dialogue box appears, so that a subsequent touch on the Now Playing button, while detected, does not refocus the touched area on the Now Playing button - but instead is interpreted as if the song selection was touched again. What also makes it fairly obvious this is occurring is when selecting the Now Playing button in the sequence described, the song selection momentarily highlights as if touched.

I wonder why defeating destructive touch does not seem to be working? While it wouldn't fix the bug, it would at least keep my playlist intact.

Here is the info relating to my server:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 @ Fri Sep 15 14:05:22 UTC 2017
Hostname: ICS-MythTV
Server IP Address: 192.168.244.174
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.18.2 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

And the info relating to my Openframe 2 squeezeplayer in OS. *I have not touched the scripts relating to the MAC address. It is should the custom MAC that I installed. I would like to change it again anyhow.

Player Model: SqueezePlay
Player Type: squeezeplay
Firmware: 7.7.2-r9710
Player IP Address: 192.168.244.250
Player MAC Address: 5f:5f:5f:5f:5f:5f*

Note that the Player MAC address is the real MAC from the NIC and different from the MAC if I do ifconfig.

For whatever reason now I cannot play my music collection even though the Media server / squeezebox player sees it.

Total Images: 0
Total Videos: 0
Total Tracks: 32,900
Total Albums: 1,761
Total Artists: 6,189
Total Genres: 176
Total Playing Time: 2002:39:21

Redid the scan and it doesn't show any music files. SSH'd to the server and the mapped music drive is no longer there.

OK found my not playing music issue. I had taken down the NAS for maintenance which disconnected from the LMS server.

I did a mount -a and it is rescanning all of the music so my music is back now.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

however, that's gone, and it's now 7.9, but the 7.9 version won't unpack due to space, so...

It'll ask when you are done updating if you want to delete the installation file. Guessing you answered yes.

Did it not update? What version of LMS is your set up showing you now?

Until you mentioned it I did not know that there were 3 versions of LMS.

What NAS / OS are you running LMS on? Is it Linux or BSD?

Can you increase the space of the NAS OS? Here have 4 NAS boxes. 3 are embedded (2 linux and 1 windows) and 1 is using NAS4Free.

NAS4Free is running on a 32Gb SSD with 8 Gb of RAM on the motherboard. The NAS drives (8) are connected to an LSi RAID controller and doing the NAS4Free thing.
- Pete

Auto mater
wcndave

Post by wcndave »

Sorry, I've not been very clear, I was just wondering quickly whether anyone new about the defeat option, if I could download the old 7.8 I'd just do that...

I have LMS running on my synology NAS (Linux), which has a package, so there's nothing special to do - it's currently 7.7.3-113

When I did my last joggler, I updated the software on the joggler to 7.8 (even though it's not running as a server).
Now I can't find 7.8, and when I tried 7.9 all_deb I ran out of space on the joggler. It only has 1GB odd..

I then tried 7.9 i386 version, which is a smaller download, and it installed, no error messages, however when I look under "player information" it has still got 7.7 there.

This was quite easy with my last 3 jogglers, so I think it might just be me confusing server / joggler software or something, however I wrote clear instructions that now no longer work :-(
pete

Post by pete »

Ahh...

Yes here utilize O2 Jogglers, Openpeak 1 and Openpeak 2 devices.

1 - the O2 Jogglers have not really been modified much here and try to keep it simple
2 - the Openpeak 1 devices are totally modded with many hardware changes; IE: SSD boot drive, modded EFI boot bios, RTC, et al. These devices also have a DECT and Zigbee chip which today has never been touched.
3 - the Openpeak 2 devices here have a bit more than the Openpeak 1 devices but are more difficult to make hardware changes to. IE: the boot bios is soldered on, eMMC is 2 Gb instead of 1 Gb, built in RTC battery, DECT/Zigbee chips, traces for a SIM card, included WLAN and Bluetooth mini PCie Card.

I have mostly played with the OpenPeak 1 devices and not so much with the O2 Jogglers. I like the look of the OpenPeak 2 devices and have decided to make these Squeezebox players. The Openpeak 1 devices are mostly used as automation touchscreens.
- Pete

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

wcndave wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:31 pm Sorry, I've not been very clear, I was just wondering quickly whether anyone new about the defeat option, if I could download the old 7.8 I'd just do that...

I have LMS running on my synology NAS (Linux), which has a package, so there's nothing special to do - it's currently 7.7.3-113

When I did my last joggler, I updated the software on the joggler to 7.8 (even though it's not running as a server).
Now I can't find 7.8, and when I tried 7.9 all_deb I ran out of space on the joggler. It only has 1GB odd..

I then tried 7.9 i386 version, which is a smaller download, and it installed, no error messages, however when I look under "player information" it has still got 7.7 there.

This was quite easy with my last 3 jogglers, so I think it might just be me confusing server / joggler software or something, however I wrote clear instructions that now no longer work :-(
What do you mean by 'Player info'? - you need to check under LMS gui - Settings - Information. You'll see which version is operating there.
pete

Post by pete »

So can I update my Squeezeplayer on my OpenPeak 2 to a newer version?

I am at: Firmware: 7.7.2-r9710

Will I get more features updating it?
lmssq1.jpg
lmssq2.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

There's some confusion here, I think, between the LMS versions and Squeezeplay versions.

Player versions are a 'mystery' to me - as far as I know there have been few updates.

LMS has now progressed to 7.9.1 - the community version, which has a number of enhancements and fixes over the earlier versions.
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

The default Squeezeplay LMS install was v7.8.

I don't know if this has been changed yet by roobarb because I think v7.8

[urlhttp://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.8.0/][/url]

has been replaced by v.7.9

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Logite ... er_v7.9.0/

but everyone should really install v7.9.1

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightl ... hp?ver=7.9

which is pretty stable and has all the goodness of a Toblerone.

It's the i386 deb version to use.

I'm going to do a new install (on the internal memory) on a cisco2 (the big one) sometime soon.

ronnie
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you guys.

Yes here updated LMS to 7.9 and it is working great.
- Pete

Auto mater
wcndave

Post by wcndave »

So.. do you know how I get "defeat destructive play", on the _player_?
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Is this what you mean?

Imagedestructive play by Man in a van, on Flickr

I have never really understood it :o

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... ch-To-Play

Ronnie
castalla

Post by castalla »

I always just set it to Do not defeat.

Like you, I've no idea what it does otherwise.
pete

Post by pete »

Same here.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Having an issue now with current release version of the SqueezeBox server.

Here my music is on a NAS. The music is mapped over to the Squeezebox server. The DB is updating fine.

Issue is that I cannot play any music on the Openpeak 2 Squeezebox player or Squeezebox Media server GUI. I can stream radio fine.

When I go to playing back music I do see the Logitech Media server link to the NAS box for music only it doesn't play back.

I am wondering if it is some setting on the Media server that I have messed with. When I go to the Logitech Media server GUI to play back music from a browser it doesn't work.
- Pete

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

You can't play to a browser, if that's what you mean - you must choose a SB player to use.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you castalla.

So while playing on the OpenPeak 2 via Squeezeplayer I see an error in the playback of the music showing me the link configured for the music on the LMS box. Will post a picture shortly.
- Pete

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

That would be useful